NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

MD state troopers super strict lately

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-11, 02:58 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
I do know my rights so go ahead and get Rin Tin Tin cause your not searching my car!!!!.... I do have illegal tint and get sterotyped on a regular basis, I also do not drink, smoke, or carry illicit drugs so don t waste mine or your time, give me a repair order, or fine Ill be on my way. BTW Couple friends of mine are police I wont say what branch but they party harder than most!!
exactly my point, i drink 2-3 beers i get the "you sure you only had 2, everyone says they had to" where i'm thinking **** man look at me does it look like i'm waisted. I've been giving sobriaty check 3 times, blew in the brethalizer and the whole 9 yards and everytime i passed and was let go. Yet after i was pulled over, there was 3 back up cars and it looked like i just murdered somone. Sometimes cops just have nothing better to do.
Old 09-07-11, 03:17 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
I do know my rights so go ahead and get Rin Tin Tin cause your not searching my car!!!!.... I do have illegal tint and get sterotyped on a regular basis, I also do not drink, smoke, or carry illicit drugs so don t waste mine or your time, give me a repair order, or fine Ill be on my way. BTW Couple friends of mine are police I wont say what branch but they party harder than most!!
ROTFLMAO at the Rin Tin Tin comment, Pimp (some of y'all too young to know who that is )

But I do feel like Pimp, you better have 'probable cause' to search my car. Peer in with that flashlight all you want, but you not going through my car, tossing crap everywhere, just to belittle me. If my tint is too dark, just give me the repair order...then I'm ghost.

Two years ago, an officer made me get outta my car on I85 in North Carolina, pulled me over for "tailgating" at 10pm on an almost desolate highway. (yeah, right) After sitting in my car waiting for my "tailgating" ticket for 5 minutes, 5 more state police pulled up, two of them K9 cops with Rin Tin Tin partners in the backseat. (BTW, I love German Shephards, had two growing up)

Once his "boyz" arrived with the dogs, he and 4 others came back to my car where I was standing and said, "We need to do a search of the car". I said, "Uh, why?"

"Because we need to sweep the car for illegal substances"

I giggled and calmly said, "Unless you have a warrant, you are not sweeping this car. I haven't had a drug or swig of alcohol my entire life [facts], and you want to sweep my car for drugs because I was 4 carlinks behind a truck instead of 5? Let me get my lawyer on the phone." I call my friend, Alphonso, who actually is a lawyer. ...as I'm talking to Al, they slowly walk away, converse for about 15 minutes, came back, gave me my license & registration, and said, "Keep your distance out there, and keep your speed down." Al said that they could actually search the car if they pulled you over for a moving violation, even though the moving violation was crap.

I drove away livid, just for the waste of time.

But I still don't hate all cops, I just hate ignant cops! {smiley added for credibility }

Last edited by KevinGS; 09-08-11 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-07-11, 05:22 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kevin, you do know that ignant is not a word, right?
Old 09-07-11, 05:26 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
ROTFLMAO at the Rin Tin Tin comment, Pimp (some of y'all too young to know who that is )

But I do feel like Pimp, you better have 'probable cause' to search my car. Peer in with that flashlight all you want, but you not going through my car, tossing crap everywhere, just to belittle me. If my tint is too dark, just give me the repair order...then I'm ghost.

Two years ago, an officer made me get outta my car on I85 in North Carolina, pulled me over for "tailgating" at 10pm on an almost desolate highway. (yeah, right) After sitting in my car waiting for my "tailgating" ticket for 5 minutes, 5 more state police pulled up, two of them K9 cops with Rin Tin Tin partners in the backseat. (BTW, I love German Shephards, had two growing up)

Once his "boyz" arrived with the dogs, he and 4 others came back to my car where I was standing and said, "We need to do a search of the car". I said, "Uh, why?"

"Because we need to sweep the car for illegal substances"

I giggled and calmly said, "Unless you have a warrant, you are not sweeping this car. I haven't had a drug or swig of alcohol my entire life [facts], and you want to sweep my car for drugs because I was 4 carlinks behind a truck instead of 5? Let me get my lawyer on the phone." I call my friend, Alphonso, who actually is a lawyer. ...as I'm talking to Al, they slowly walk away, converse for about 15 minutes, came back, gave me my license & registration, and said, "Keep your distance out there, and keep your speed down." Al said that they could actually search the car if they pulled you over for a moving violation, even though the moving violation was crap.

I drove away livid, just for the waste of time.

But I still don't hate all cops, I just hate ignant cops!
I concur with you.
Old 09-07-11, 05:29 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by excluesive
IT!
Old 09-07-11, 05:34 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

I search ignant, and ignorant pops up. What am I missing?
Old 09-07-11, 06:43 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

I search ignant, and ignorant pops up. What am I missing?
That is it. Google says its ignorant. It is not proper grammer or even proper English. It is urban slang english. Heck, its not even English. However, most folks understand what it means.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ignant

To get back on topic here, we just have to be aware that as car enthusiasts we are constantly being observed and tested. Whether we like it or not, we bring attention to ourselves simply from the caliber of modifications we have done to our vehicles. From engine modifications, exhaust, wheels to suspension, our passion for our cars is also want makes Police focus on our rides than the stock cousins. To bring even more attention, we are not just going down the streets or highways in modified honda civics or integras, we are driving what most folks feel are high end vehicles. This also brings on the persona that we can afford to be pulled over by "ignant" or in proper english "ignorant" police.

Last edited by ebb100z; 09-07-11 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-07-11, 08:34 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ebb100z
That is it. Google says its ignorant. It is not proper grammer or even proper English. It is urban slang english. Heck, its not even English. However, most folks understand what it means.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ignant

To get back on topic here, we just have to be aware that as car enthusiasts we are constantly being observed and tested. Whether we like it or not, we bring attention to ourselves simply from the caliber of modifications we have done to our vehicles. From engine modifications, exhaust, wheels to suspension, our passion for our cars is also want makes Police focus on our rides than the stock cousins. To bring even more attention, we are not just going down the streets or highways in modified honda civics or integras, we are driving what most folks feel are high end vehicles. This also brings on the persona that we can afford to be pulled over by "ignant" or in proper english "ignorant" police.
my point is, by use of "ignant", kev's credibility went out the window. You type up a whole lo....... ahhh forget it.. you took it too serious, it was supposed to be comic relief from the hostility that ooooooooh papi pointed out in this thread.

guess i missed a smilie
Old 09-08-11, 06:02 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

LMAO, Ex!

Yeah, for the longest time, I thought "ignant" was a word. I had no idea until recently, I thought it was just slang for "ignorant". I actually had to look ignorant up in the dictionary, because the word looked so foreign to me.

But, when I'm really upset, "ignant" will slip out again because it's seered into my brain as an acceptable adjective describing someone unaware or uninformed.

[Chris, are you buying any of this? Or am I losing more credibility? lol]
Old 09-08-11, 07:34 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ebb100z
+111111

My point exactly. You modify your car to stand out but most modifications we do to our cars are illegal in almost all 50 states. Everyone appreciates the kudos that come with modifications but with that, there is a need to accept the ramifications as well.

If you can't afford your mods or the consequences that come from them, then don't do them. But to complain about a cop doing his job is just whiny. You have illegal tint, then expect a ticket EVERY single time you drive. Any day you don't get one is a WIN!!!

Come up here where you don't have to stand out to be targeted by police. Where you can be stopped by any officer day or night and be asked to produce ID and possibly patted down (for officer safety) for no reason at all. And where 87% of those people stopped are Black or Hispanic (600,000 stop in 2010). Where if you don't have any ID, it's an automatic trip to the precinct until your identity can be proven. http://news.yahoo.com/judge-allows-c...231437067.html

So many tales of encounters of police but so few mentions of any tickets written, handcuffs used or nights in the pokey spent but yet cops are 'evul' (figured I'd put this in there since spell check in this thread is a rarity)

I especially love the tough talking. "No cop is going to search my car without a warrant" lmao. Really, what are you going to do to stop it if the cop decides he wants to search your car? Absolutely nothing except sit there and be pissed off (which is still better than being pissed on). They find something, you still get your tough azz taking a trip to the station where your lawyer will get it thrown on later because of an illegal search.
Old 09-08-11, 08:20 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
+111111

My point exactly. You modify your car to stand out but most modifications we do to our cars are illegal in almost all 50 states. Everyone appreciates the kudos that come with modifications but with that, there is a need to accept the ramifications as well.

If you can't afford your mods or the consequences that come from them, then don't do them. But to complain about a cop doing his job is just whiny. You have illegal tint, then expect a ticket EVERY single time you drive. Any day you don't get one is a WIN!!!

Come up here where you don't have to stand out to be targeted by police. Where you can be stopped by any officer day or night and be asked to produce ID and possibly patted down (for officer safety) for no reason at all. And where 87% of those people stopped are Black or Hispanic (600,000 stop in 2010). Where if you don't have any ID, it's an automatic trip to the precinct until your identity can be proven. http://news.yahoo.com/judge-allows-c...231437067.html

So many tales of encounters of police but so few mentions of any tickets written, handcuffs used or nights in the pokey spent but yet cops are 'evul' (figured I'd put this in there since spell check in this thread is a rarity)

I especially love the tough talking. "No cop is going to search my car without a warrant" lmao. Really, what are you going to do to stop it if the cop decides he wants to search your car? Absolutely nothing except sit there and be pissed off (which is still better than being pissed on). They find something, you still get your tough azz taking a trip to the station where your lawyer will get it thrown on later because of an illegal search.

don't taser me bro
Old 09-08-11, 10:45 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KevinGS
LMAO, Ex!

[Chris, are you buying any of this? Or am I losing more credibility? lol]

I knew why it was written! just teasing, no harm no foul
Old 09-08-11, 01:25 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

I knew why it was written! just teasing, no harm no foul
Good

And I'll see you and your "forever under construction" 2GS at some meet before the end of the summer....I'm coming to one of these NYC/NJ meets because I need some NYC time.

Hopefully Papi will be there too, without the taser of course lol
Old 09-14-11, 03:19 PM
VIPDreamin
Driver

Most cops are just doing their job. I roll around with 20% tint and my concealed in the cup holder. Never has been an issue but then again I guess when I have been pulled over they know I can't be stupid enough to be carrying illegal things or drinking and driving like that lol.

In NC they really don't care especially in an area where they "know" who you are. I commute daily to VA and before I was a resident of NC I had a stack in my glove box. The price you pay to modify.
Old 09-15-11, 03:56 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I've been traveling a lot lately so I've barely been in MD the last month and a half so I didn't notice anything out the norm since I've been back. But I'll keep an eye out my daily TL's tint is 20% and a trooper did bring that up once when I got pulled over earlier this year, he let me go though. My SC is also 20% but tan interior helps a lot and most times I have window down and haven't had any issues. *knock on wood*

Quick Reply: MD state troopers super strict lately