NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NELOC,mother's day story, I just lost my mom.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-09, 05:07 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NELOC,mother's day story, I just lost my mom.

Hi NELOC, I know many have been through things this year, but we are a family and we get through it.....

The worst thing has just happened to me, my Mom just died of a heart attack, it was very sudden, she was in great health, she was only 63.

For those who do not know, I lost my dad a few years back, he was only 60, so I have not turned 30 yet, and I don't have a mom or dad anymore.

Concerning NELOC, my mom was very happy that I found a group of friends that have the same love of cars as I have, I told her about the fun I have had at them all the time, she was very happy about this.

Anyway, going way back to the Carlisle show in May, everyone was leaving early, I was planning to stay until the end of the show. seeing everyone leave so early, a sudden thought popped into my head, why don't I drive down to Charlottesville, a four hour drive from Carlisle, and surprise my mom for mother's day. I went ahead and did just that, didn't even call her in advance, just showed up, you can't believe how happy she was, she loved the surprise and could not believe I drove the four hours just to be with her for mother's day.

Anyway, I have so much to get through, I just helped my mom move into a new place and she was just so happy. I will continue to post, but I don't think I will come to another show/event for a long time, and I know everybody sends their well wishes and prayers, and if this story touches you in any way please let me know. Appreciate and love your parents and God bless, Ryan.
Old 07-17-09, 06:14 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

WOW Ryan I don't know what to say really other than I really sorry for your lose. You know this group is here for you and will help you in any way we can. My condolences
Old 07-17-09, 06:16 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

damn, im the same age as you(29). i think about this all the time... i try and play golf with my pops as much as possible and swing by and say hello to my mom as much as possible as well. i couldn't imagine bro... thoughts are with you....
Old 07-17-09, 06:42 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Very sorry for your loss, Ryan. Be sure to lean on your friends during tough times.
Old 07-17-09, 06:45 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Ryan,

I know what you're going through...I lost my dad not long ago (ironically enough, the weekend of Carlisle).

I also know that no words can make you feel "good" at a time like this.

People kept telling me "just remember the good times", but even now, remembering the good times still makes me cry.

All I can say is, we're here for you. I know you've got my number; if you need to talk...call. I mean that. Just pick up the phone and call.
Old 07-17-09, 06:48 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn bro im very sorry to hear this, i know how it feels to lose your mom.. i lost my mom when i was only 16 and i loved my mother just as much as you do from reading your storys... but pull it together because i know for a fact she's watching you just like my mom is watching me... may not feel it now but before you know it she comes to your dreams and talks to you about everything and every now and then you feel her presence around you....

stay strong and if you need anything PM me..
Old 07-17-09, 07:11 PM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ryan ...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom, its rougher when it's sudden because you can feel like there were things left 'undone' ...

My wife and I went through a loss earlier this year and while we will never 'get over it' we have slowly learned to live with it.

I don't know you that well but if there's anything I can do ... just ask.

DaveC
Old 07-17-09, 07:43 PM
NyceTry
Pole Position

Ryan im so sorry man. you got my number give me a call if you need anything. if you need to get out of the house and just do something give me a call.. i didnt lose my mom but i lost my best friend who was like a brother to me not to long ago so i know the pain your feeling and the only way i got through it was to be with friends so dont forget that we are here!!!
Old 07-17-09, 07:55 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow man, losing a close one is very hard. i am extremely sorry to hear about your loss and my utmost deeply condolences to you.
Old 07-17-09, 08:05 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Deepest and most sincerest condolences for you, your family, and your loved ones. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find out what it means to lose a parent, and I deeply am sorry for what happened. Losing a parent is a hard thing I suppose, but we must remember what they have tough us on through our lives, and live their dreams for them. We are mirrors of our parents, and we must distinguish ourselves from them.

RIP mommy :[
Old 07-17-09, 09:12 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Deepest condolences and thought filled wishes in your time of loss. No words can ever bring back or replace a loved one, but as long as you can keep them alive within your heart and your mind, then they will always remain with you.
Old 07-17-09, 09:26 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

wow i didnt know what to expect when i read this thread..I am truely sorry to hear about your loss Ryan..My mom is everything to me as she is all I have now..My dad passed away years back.. my deepest condolences to you and your loved ones..stay strong brother..
Old 07-18-09, 06:32 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks all for your kind words and support, it really means alot to me right now.
Old 07-18-09, 06:47 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

From someone who has lost both parents too.....my deepest condolences.
Old 07-18-09, 07:21 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry to hear ryan, i just recently lost my grandmother a few months ago. was hard for me too, to get through. i have a family of my own, wife and 1 son. yea its tough sometimes when i look at them and remember about my grandma but u gotta keep ya head up. my condolences.

Quick Reply: NELOC,mother's day story, I just lost my mom.