ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   NELOC (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/neloc-175/)
-   -   i hate, hate, hate, hate, new york!!!!1 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/neloc/419559-i-hate-hate-hate-hate-new-york-1-a.html)

Mr.Euro 03-31-09 06:28 AM

i hate, hate, hate, hate, new york!!!!1

so sunday afternoon i bent one of my rims by finding out the grand canyon now resides on the LIE. then i find not one, but TWO tumors in my front tires on each side. after replacing those with the stock 16s, i decide to go suprise the girlfriend by picking her up from school, and my rears blowout. OMG, i was on the verge of killing someone, i then find i have no spare in the trunk and had to call a friend to come get me to get a spare so i can bring the lexus home. stupid construction/potholes/new york.

/rant.

Zinda 03-31-09 07:24 AM

Yes, the potholes are crazy in New York I wish we could sue the city for damages.

trukn1 03-31-09 07:29 AM

God I know that feeling. One of 2things going on; either your tires were realy old and worn out, or you had the wrong rated tires on the car. Happened to me awhile ago. Had just bought the car not too long ago, took road trip into Pa with family and literally blew the treads off of my tires. Come to find out I had cheapo tires which were only S rated on a Z rated LS, and they were old. Blew off not 1 but 2 treads simultaniously. Lucky i had some funds available cause between triple A and going to a tire shop and purchasing 4 brand new Z rated tires, it nearly broke me that day. So truly, I feel your pain.

LiCelsior 03-31-09 07:29 AM

u can file out a form for pothole damage.

RX469 03-31-09 07:36 AM

I'm glad you brought this up because I truly wonder how folks in NY driver around with 19s & 20s with so little side wall rubber on those rough and potholed roads!?? I truly wonder about that.

excluesive 03-31-09 08:14 AM

pm sean, dashocker, he has the link to file a claim

So Philly1 03-31-09 08:19 AM

Grand Caynon on the LIE :D hilarious!!!

Not the situation just the reference

B.Diddy 03-31-09 08:47 AM

Im just very careful of the roads I drive on now. yet another reason I switch to monoblock forged 1pc wheels from pimp lipped 3pc. wheels. I prefer stronger wheels for NYC and I also dropped from 19's to 18's. :(

Its the world we live in. I also have that pothole damage claim form.

LexGrl702 03-31-09 09:14 AM

Ouch, I feel your pain man. Potholes are a**holes!

Scarlet300 03-31-09 11:41 AM

ohhhhhhhh wow what a series of event. Sorry to hear that dude

ho0n 03-31-09 02:42 PM

Certain parts of New York will train you to be a slalom master.

muhbuhtuh 03-31-09 03:12 PM

man that sucks!

and here i am complaining about little dips in the road hehe:D

ho0n 03-31-09 03:16 PM

While we're complaining about NY roads, I want to complain about the NSParkway! The on-ramps east of exit 30 are too short and merge too abruptly. I have to put my selector on L to get enough acceleration to join traffic!

Zinda 03-31-09 04:06 PM

And lets talk about I-280 over in New York's cousin Newark. What a horrible piece of crap road! It needs to be widened and the surface needs to be redone. They should go to hell for putting up a sign saying your taxes at work. How pathetic...

davidv433 03-31-09 05:25 PM

how long have u lived in ny ? jersey is the same way and i still bought 20's. bent one after one week of having them and i sold them right after that happened. never again