NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Carlisle 2009,,,,You got Questions,,,,We got answers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 06:40 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Carlisle 2009,,,,You got Questions,,,,We got answers

Hey guys! It is that time of year again to start to look forward to Carlisle in May. Leroy has posted the information that we have up to this point in the Carlisle Style and Performance thread,,
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...on-thread.html

In order to keep that thread under control, and to keep the info from being lost, that thread was locked and this one I am creating in order to address questions, ,comments, concerns, etc. Those of you who have been in atendance in previous years know that this is the 1 big meet of the season in which ALOT of us can finally get together, from all different areas of the Northeast. Please feel free to post you comments, questions here, and they will be addresed accordingly. Hope to see you guys there. I urge as many of you that can attend to do so; you won't regret it.

I do ask 1 important thing, so that we (Apex and I) can make sure that everyone who registers is accounted for, and that no one's registration is misfiled on the promoters' end. Once you sign up online for Carlisle, you will recieve a card in the mail approx 1 week following online registration. This information may also come to you via Email as per the Carlisle Registration site. I need you to PM me or Apex with the following information:

Your Name/Screen Name/Car(ex. 92 GS 300, etc)/Confirmation # or Cust #

Also,, those of you who will be entering under the "JUDGED" category, please let us know. Non-judged participants need only to send the above noted info as it will be assumed that you are entering as non-judged.

This information will be generated in an official attendance list in the Information thread,and will be updated daily in order to keep track of those CONFIRMED attendees. Thanks!!

Last edited by trukn1; 02-13-09 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-21-09, 06:05 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A) are we all in the non judged field?

B) when's the latest we can register?

I only ask cuz that link brings up the non judged field registration form

Last edited by nabbun; 01-21-09 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-21-09, 07:42 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1) Are we allowed to bring guest?
2) What are we allowed to bring in terms of food, beverages?
3) Are we allowed to play music REALLY loud?
4) Why do we keep winning? lol
Old 01-21-09, 08:26 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun

A)Yes but if you want to be judged you can... Throughout saturday cars are called upon in categories and you will have to remove your car from under the pavilion and go through this "drive-thru" judging lane that they have setup...
i went through it... won... and you don't get your trophy until the end of sunday's ceremony.... it was a waste of time... no..... it really was.

B) day of... although it will be more expensive. 5-10 bucks more probably... although there doesn't seem to be a pre-registration discount like we had previous years...

Originally Posted by UncleRay
1. yes...

2.anything you want... keep in mind there are no bbq grills and we are not allowed to bring our own grill but drinks, candy, potatoe chips, snacks... whatever you want you can feel free to bring... but they have food there... and that's usually good enough for me

3.Yes. but it better sound good. rattles, distorted noise is not welcome under the pavilion carlisle. security won't do anything about it but laugh

4.iono... that's for the judges to know
Old 01-21-09, 08:59 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nabbun

I only ask cuz that link brings up the non judged field registration form
A) Jimmy hit the nail on the head, you can registered as judged however the promoter suggested that we register as non-judged and just do roll in judging on Saturday. Non-Judged cost less.

B) There is close out date for pre-registration however that hasn't been made available to me yet. Last year it waas mid-April I believe.
Old 01-21-09, 09:03 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UncleRay
1) If you pre-register you and one guest are covered for the weekend. If you bring any additional guests they will have to pay a normal entry fee. Pricing for that is available on the Carlisle's website.

4) Cause we roll deep. Nuff said.
Old 01-21-09, 10:26 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Jimmy thanks for being quick to help with the Q&A
Old 01-21-09, 01:56 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84

4) Cause we roll deep. Nuff said.

Well said sir! lol
Old 01-21-09, 03:17 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

A) so it really isnt worth getting judged?
B) how long does it go till on sunday?
C) is there a caravan plan?
D) can someone help me with my interior so i can go this year? lol
Old 01-21-09, 03:49 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
For "D" I can address and I'm not tryin to hijack this thread but in April I plan on holding the 2nd Annual NELOC Wrench Fest. This event was attended by alot of people last year and i think was a success. Most people used it to ready themselves for Carlisle but also hang out and chill and enjoy some good food and good friends.

Stay Tuned for announcement of the event
Old 01-21-09, 05:27 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those who have attended, how soon do the nearest hotels become booked? The nearest hotels I see on the Carlisle event website are 2-4 miles away so I figure those will be the first to see rooms get booked.
Old 01-21-09, 05:39 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
Jimmy thanks for being quick to help with the Q&A
i hate your life.........

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
A) IMHO yes. your car sir i bet would win something for sure... Pictured below was my 2008 1st place prize

I won first place on..... i couldn't even tell you because i don't remember and it doesn't even say... a general plaque.... yay... i could've made this at home.... hence the picture in the trashcan because that's really how i feel about it.

to be honest if funkflex wasn't involved this year i would be at HIN boston... the "GENERAL" plaque kinda ticked me off... they couldn't even take the time to put what category you were in?

B) like 3-4 in the afternoon... everyone at that point was long gone and we all lined up and awaited our "TROPHIES" but instead got a plaque and was asked to take a picture with the guy who set everything up... wait no... i stayed in the car.. and he took a picture with my car actually.... yay...

C) There will be a thread up closer to date about caravaning.

D) what do you need done?

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
For those who have attended, how soon do the nearest hotels become booked? The nearest hotels I see on the Carlisle event website are 2-4 miles away so I figure those will be the first to see rooms get booked.
michael jackson... sup man...

they get booked pretty quick... but don't worry there's plenty of hotels around within a 5-10 mile radius. best way to save money though is link up with someone and split a room... no homo

Last edited by Batmobile; 01-21-09 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-21-09, 06:13 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Batmobile
i hate your life.........

A) IMHO yes. your car sir i bet would win something for sure... Pictured below was my 2008 1st place prize

I won first place on..... i couldn't even tell you because i don't remember and it doesn't even say... a general plaque.... yay... i could've made this at home.... hence the picture in the trashcan because that's really how i feel about it.

to be honest if funkflex wasn't involved this year i would be at HIN boston... the "GENERAL" plaque kinda ticked me off... they couldn't even take the time to put what category you were in?

D) what do you need done?

A)well that sucks. about the show part.

D) I have junction produce sheet covers. (i know its seat but they put sheet on their site. lol) i cant figure out how to get the rear seat of my car out to recover it.

What hotel do you all usually use? maybe we should figure out which hotel we would like go to and rent it out. that way we can have a neloc hotel. that way it will be easier for us to all chill after the show.
Old 01-21-09, 06:34 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jimmy, as Leroy said, I too would like to thank you for the addressing of many of the questions asked here as quickly as you have done so. I normally only get time at night to sit down and do so, with only periodic breaks during the day, so THANK YOU for your help.
Ultra,,

A. Getting judged is your personal option, and if you are an awards collector, such as JImmy(lol), you can get braggin rights at the shows you attend with the beast. Anything that has Carlisle associated with it, in name, in some people's eyes is a big deal and something to be proud of, considering it is one of the larger shows, short of the HIN series.

B. Sunday is normally the light day, lots of people are gone by 1-2 in the afternoon, headed home. Show itself normaly goes on til 4-5in the afternoon. Most of our people only come in the Saturday showing; as it is the largest "crowd draw" day. Also keep in mind this is mothers day wekend (if I remember correctly).

C. Caravan threads, by general area, will be posted as we draw closer to the event.

D. You work a "hard room " sir. LOL!!! Just bring that beast of yours,, no additional interior is required. LOL!!! I recognize where that statement came from.

Gary, hotels closer to the Carlisle area DO fill up very quickly. Keep in mind that the closer to the ground you are, the higher the risk is for you to be involved in something you may not want to be a part of, anndddd there are ALOT of UBER-STUPID people who will do things like try to drift in a crowded parking lot(saw it first hand,,wrecker had to be called). Because of this, and the fact that alot of our guys are 30 and over, alot of us opt to stay in areas surrounding Carlisle, and not in Carlisle itself. Mechanicsburg is about 15-20 minutes away, as well as Harrisburg, and a few other areas. Positives,, very little "nonsense" to have to worry about, very little trouble with finding rooms, and dont have to worry about what MAY happen to your car while sleeping overnite (for those who choose to stay). Negatives,, have to get up a little earlier to get to the designated meeting place ON TIME, have to also add time on time of that to compensate for possible traffic in the immediate area of the grounds.

While not only representing Neloc, Club Lex, etc, alot of our members really dont want to be involved with close to anything which may damage our cars; so we try to avoid them. Yes, we do roll in deep as a "club" however, we try to set ourselves apart by not falling into the stereotypical "dum-dum" club moves, and act responsibly. During the caravans, we do try to stress responsible driving, responsible traffic interaction with cars who travel alongside of us, and we don't want to be hassled by the cops. Only takes a few, to give the whole club a bad name, rep etc. as many of us have Club Lex stickers and/or NELOC stickers on our cars,, and then the tickets will really start to fly( exhaust, music, tint, tag, etc). We try to NOT give law enforcement a reason to hassle ANY of our guys, and thus far, we have been very successful. They even held up traffic for us last year, as we made our way from the registration bldg to the pavillion area.
Old 01-21-09, 06:34 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may have to retire the glove now Jimmy....

after one more show and that'll be at Carlisle.

The closer the hotel the better but 5-10 miles away won't hurt. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Carlisle 2009,,,,You got Questions,,,,We got answers