NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Carlisle 2009,,,,You got Questions,,,,We got answers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 11:44 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
No I'm not a member yet. Is membership expensive? All my money goes to my baby Lexus now. She turns 1 this year. Whoo hoo! Plus I'm not very active right now cuz money is tight.
Wow shes a year old already. Congrats bro.

Not sure how much membership is. When I registered for HIN last year it covered my SCCA membership. Just go to this link to look into it.

http://www.scca.com/joinnow.aspx

I'm also waiting for confirmation back from Carlisle regarding judging and if there will be SCCA judging this year.
Old 01-22-09, 11:53 AM
camelflage
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Apex84
The judging was right behind the pavilion.
i dont really pay attention
Old 01-22-09, 12:15 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by camelflage
i dont really pay attention
LOL
Old 01-22-09, 01:45 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
Thanks Leroy, you always make me feel welcomed.
Originally Posted by Apex84
No problem

Old 01-25-09, 04:51 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys,
Thanks for all this information - I'm really getting excited for this event. I plan on entering the Judged field, but couldn't find information on what the different classes are. Did I miss it on the Carlisle website?
Old 01-25-09, 10:32 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by montgb
Guys,
Thanks for all this information - I'm really getting excited for this event. I plan on entering the Judged field, but couldn't find information on what the different classes are. Did I miss it on the Carlisle website?
I can look to find what the different classes are this year, not sure if they have changed from what they were last year. This may help you, this is a link to the winners list from last year which list alot of the different classes,,,
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/eve...le/winners.asp

You can enter into either the showfield judging( MUST park in designated area, and will not be allowed to park with the NELOC group), or you can do what is called "roll thru" judging (what most people do, and can come back to group after you are thru). That area is located directly behind the pavillion building in which we will be accomodated. There is an additional charge for registering in the judged category(showfield or roll thru).
Old 01-25-09, 10:44 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by excluesive
I do like this idea very much. I always read that there is a general "area" (mechanicsburg, harrisburg), but official CL hotel(s) should be set up
anyone want to suggest? maybe one(s) in the same area that you guys liked last year?
Old 01-25-09, 10:49 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
You can enter into either the showfield judging( MUST park in designated area, and will not be allowed to park with the NELOC group), or you can do what is called "roll thru" judging (what most people do, and can come back to group after you are thru). That area is located directly behind the pavillion building in which we will be accomodated. There is an additional charge for registering in the judged category(showfield or roll thru).
Trukn - on the Carlisle site, the Showfield Judging section also explains their Drive-Thru judging process (as if they are the same thing). Is that what you were talking about? I want to make sure that I register properly.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-09, 11:00 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Drive thru judging and showfield judging are pretty much the same with one exception.

Showfield judging,,, must park in designated area,, judges will come to the area to judge

Drive thru judging,, can park with the group however must sit and wait in line for a drive thru area when time comes and then you can return to group. This area IS closest to where we will be, however the line does get extrememly long, so be prepared.

I would say that it will most likely be better to do the drive thru judging, and also make sure that you have a itemized fact sheet with mods to your car. I heard complaints from alot of the participants last year, b/c alot of the judges really were not too sure of what they were loooking at, and alot of people had stuff overlooked.
Old 01-25-09, 04:04 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
anyone want to suggest? maybe one(s) in the same area that you guys liked last year?

for the members that went last year please let me know what hotels you suggest.

my sister lived around hummelstown/hershey area so knows people that know owners of several hotels. maybe i can work something out for a NELOC package deal if i know how many rooms we may need.
Old 01-25-09, 05:55 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

my sister lived around hummelstown/hershey area so knows people that know owners of several hotels. maybe i can work something out for a NELOC package deal if i know how many rooms we may need.
i think i'm going to be staying where i stayed last year.

Days Inn

i know several NELOC members stay there also. it's probably one of the most convenient ones... if i remember correctly... you make like one turn to get there from carlisle...

but "some" members have standards and feel that the days inn is filthy.. *cough* KevinGS *cough*
made me stay at the Ramada one year... it was like $200! i shoulda just slept at a ***** house... it woulda been cheaper.

maybe i can work something out for a NELOC package deal if i know how many rooms we may need.
that is very nice of you... although someone tried this the last two years and being that we as a group are so indecisive it never worked out...

i guess the BEST way to go about it is to start another thread to see if people are going to be spending the night friday, saturday or friday and saturday

and where they are planning to stay... hope it works out... i'd love to save money
Old 01-25-09, 05:55 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

I stayed at the Days Inn 2 miles from the fairgrounds. It wasn't noisy and no one messed with my car. Several of us stayed there without issues.
Old 01-26-09, 07:53 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Exclamation

Hey guys. It seems that the info about the judging system is a bit f***ed up so here is all the info I have from Carlisle so hopefully this will clear up any confusion. It's not the SCCA who will judging as mentioned early, but it is NCCA. When HIN was bought out a few years ago they also bought the NCCA. HIN was just sold again and the new owner doesn’t want the NCCA so Andy Goodman, the founder of the NCCA, is working to get the rights to the name back. But if he does or doesn’t there is a new points chase judging system being put in place; the F4 Challenge will be the new standard of judging for the compact car industry. It will work much like the NCCA, it is run by the same people, but it is a much more fair system of judging.

those vehicles that want to be judged in the new F4 system need to register for the Top Flight option online or when they call in. Top Flight is usually in the T Building located right across from are pavilion, but since we are all parking together just let me know who is registering as Top Flight. I need to know so I can let the judges know where to find you.

Last edited by Apex84; 01-26-09 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-26-09, 11:47 AM
arpham
Lead Lap

UGh I can't believe I missed this last year!!@ If you guys are staying at a hotel I would say stay away from Harrisburg lol. Camphill, Mechanicsburg, Dillsburg and Mount Holly is nice. Umm I'll ask my dad if I can have some people over at my house that weekend (Not guaranteed). I live 5 minutes from the fairgrounds.
Old 01-26-09, 12:37 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Leroy:

Will they come to the car to judge or will it be a drive thru judging? Um..Screw it Ill just talk to you about it this weekend at Smitty's house. lol

Quick Reply: Carlisle 2009,,,,You got Questions,,,,We got answers