NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

****UPDATE***** FORT HUNT MEET RESCHEDULED to SUNDAY 11/16/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-08, 06:11 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RolxuSC400
I would guess at the most 25mins and if your set on the Ritz thats the closest and nicest to this event.
Do you have another hotel you can recommend close to the same comfort level that's closer to the meet? Oh yah spa is a must for the lady.
Old 10-27-08, 07:21 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would defer that question to others since I am biased between Ritz and Four Seasons but to be honest that would be my 1st choice and always is especially if she will be "entertained" with couture shopping and excellent dining options all within walking distance should she not have a vehicle.
Old 10-27-08, 07:25 AM
chicks
Driver

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
Do you have another hotel you can recommend close to the same comfort level that's closer to the meet? Oh yah spa is a must for the lady.
There is a Ritz at Pentagon City as well, however I don't believe its any closer to the meet and having been to both, I favor the Ritz in Tysons. You could also google hotels in downtown Old Town Alexandria which would be about 5-10 minutes away from the meet. However, I haven't stayed at any hotels in Old Town to offer a comparison to the Ritz.
Old 10-27-08, 01:14 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chicks
There is a Ritz at Pentagon City as well, however I don't believe its any closer to the meet and having been to both, I favor the Ritz in Tysons. You could also google hotels in downtown Old Town Alexandria which would be about 5-10 minutes away from the meet. However, I haven't stayed at any hotels in Old Town to offer a comparison to the Ritz.
Yeah ritz tysons is the best! That's why I continue to go there. Pentagon city is ok but my last visit prompted a 2 page compliant letter. So if there are no better recommendations I'll go to tysons corner. At least they know me my car will be safe and my lady will be occupied. thanks for the input everyone see you in a few weeks.
Old 10-28-08, 05:10 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Yeah ritz tysons is the best! That's why I continue to go there. Pentagon city is ok but my last visit prompted a 2 page compliant letter. So if there are no better recommendations I'll go to tysons corner. At least they know me my car will be safe and my lady will be occupied. thanks for the input everyone see you in a few weeks.
You could go to the Hilton in Old Town Alexandria. It is safe and the roads are good. I drive the Supra around all the time there. I live 5 min away if you need anything. I haven't seen you in a while. It will be nice to get the car out to this meet. We are making this thing real big with all the sick cars from the area. If all works out this will be a meet to remember.

Brad Ferringer
Old 10-28-08, 07:23 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BRADSGS4
You could go to the Hilton in Old Town Alexandria. It is safe and the roads are good. I drive the Supra around all the time there. I live 5 min away if you need anything. I haven't seen you in a while. It will be nice to get the car out to this meet. We are making this thing real big with all the sick cars from the area. If all works out this will be a meet to remember.

Brad Ferringer
What's up Brad! It's been over a year since mega meet. Yeah I'm looking forward to this meet. I haven't seen anyone in awhile since my brief hyatis to the lone star state. It's good to be back on the east coast. LOL hopefully all my new toys come in before the meet so the car will be some what different then what you guys remember.
Old 11-02-08, 09:04 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

What's up Brad! It's been over a year since mega meet. Yeah I'm looking forward to this meet. I haven't seen anyone in awhile since my brief hyatis to the lone star state. It's good to be back on the east coast. LOL hopefully all my new toys come in before the meet so the car will be some what different then what you guys remember.
NICE! I can't wait to see your car. It will make alot of people go crazy.

Old 11-02-08, 09:07 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Food At Fort Hunt Park!

We have been looking into food options at the park. The park has no grills in our
section so we will have a big one taken out to the park. If anybody wants to bring
something for on it we will have it ready by 12:45ish. There will not be much to pick
up after. But as long as we are clean bring whatever you want to put on it. I will
bring all things needed to cook on it.

Last edited by BRADSGS4; 11-04-08 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-05-08, 05:53 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Good Lord! I fall off the NELOC radar for a while, come back over to see what's what...and discover a thread for a meet with 130!!!! cars in it!?!?! And my name isn't on the list. Damn, I suck!

Count me in (maybe da wife too - Court, you know her - Kathy). I don't see any SC430's on the list and every meet needs at least one!

By the way, some of us are laughing at the hotel sub-thread going on. Can't decide between the Ritz and the Four Seasons. Yeah, I have that problem all the time...NOT! Motel 6 FTW!

Last edited by Habious; 11-05-08 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-05-08, 09:51 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BRADSGS4 - I have a portable gas grill...its not very big of course but if that might help with overflow I'd be happy to bring it along.

Habious - welcome to the party! Was wondering when u were gonna enlist.
Old 11-05-08, 11:31 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RolxuSC400
BRADSGS4 - I have a portable gas grill...its not very big of course but if that might help with overflow I'd be happy to bring it along.

Habious - welcome to the party! Was wondering when u were gonna enlist.
We should be good on the grill. Thanks for looking out!
Old 11-07-08, 11:50 AM
chicks
Driver

Originally Posted by Habious
Good Lord! I fall off the NELOC radar for a while, come back over to see what's what...and discover a thread for a meet with 130!!!! cars in it!?!?! And my name isn't on the list. Damn, I suck!

Count me in (maybe da wife too - Court, you know her - Kathy). I don't see any SC430's on the list and every meet needs at least one!

By the way, some of us are laughing at the hotel sub-thread going on. Can't decide between the Ritz and the Four Seasons. Yeah, I have that problem all the time...NOT! Motel 6 FTW!
Great!!! I look forward to seeing you all and SC430 again out at the meet! I'll add you to the roll call.

Thanks,
Court

Last edited by chicks; 11-07-08 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-08-08, 11:33 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Count me in with the SC...GS is winter storage, plus can only drive one car at a time. Anyone in the PG county want to meet up and caravan over, I suggest meeting at the New Chick A Fil off 95 on Whitehouse Rd., it's close the on ramp to 95S. I can't stay too long, but showing up is a good sign.
Old 11-09-08, 04:10 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Really wish Rare1 and I could make it but it's our baby girls birthday weekend and we are hosting her Sleepover 9th Birthday party the evening of the 15th.... Have fun everyone! Have a beer or two for us...we'll be needing it!
Old 11-10-08, 05:29 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Is this still on even with the iffy weather for the weekend?

Quick Reply: ****UPDATE***** FORT HUNT MEET RESCHEDULED to SUNDAY 11/16/08