NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Offical Carlisle '08 Aftermath Pics & Comments Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-08, 06:31 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a lot of fun guys/girls and good seeing everyone again. I'll try to post some pics soon.
Old 05-12-08, 06:32 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-12-08, 06:34 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow Jim, those rolling shots are hot. looks like u guys had a buncha fun, too bad i have finals or i woulda came.
Old 05-12-08, 06:38 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
wow Jim, those rolling shots are hot. looks like u guys had a buncha fun, too bad i have finals or i woulda came.
It's OK Joe, there is always next year. Carlisle 2009 is already in the works.
Old 05-12-08, 06:44 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apex84
It's OK Joe, there is always next year. Carlisle 2009 is already in the works.
This is the truth, the guy that handed us our trophy told the crowd that we were gonna have 100+ cars for next year. We are on the spot before Carlisle 2008 even ended for next year.
Old 05-12-08, 06:45 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
thanks... i don't think i could take credit for any of them... it was pretty much all the female's picture taking skills.

next year i would like to chip in for a DJ
Old 05-12-08, 06:52 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Batmobile
Now there's an idea.
Old 05-12-08, 06:59 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

All of us at High Society VIP want to thank all the great members who braved the bad weather (only on the drive up) and made an awesome statement at this years show. So many people who visited the Pavilion and VIP Lane were in awe after visiting both venues. The common response was “these cars are way out of my league”!!!! But what they don’t realize, there’s great people behind the great cars. Special thanks go out to the core crew that made all this possible….you know who you are

The promoter was so blown away with our crew, the quality, the depth, and the people, that we have now raised the bar for next year!!! See you all at future events this year, and an even stronger showing next year at Carlisle. I think we’ll need Building T to house all the cars next year….
Old 05-12-08, 06:59 AM
BernieIS

Originally Posted by Batmobile
thanks... i don't think i could take credit for any of them... it was pretty much all the female's picture taking skills.

The DJ would definitely help us win the best club hangout award again next year. I would be in on that.
Old 05-12-08, 07:05 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

it was nice meeting yall again and had a great time
Old 05-12-08, 07:08 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Next year im most likely down. Im getting my road magnet springs soon and then some mooncakes when I have money for decent 19inch
Old 05-12-08, 07:18 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

The promoter has already sent me an email this morning stating that the pavilion is all ours next year.
Old 05-12-08, 07:22 AM
BernieIS

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
Next year im most likely down. Im getting my road magnet springs soon and then some mooncakes when I have money for decent 19inch
This is not just to you PaPaHoff, but I keep hearing and seeing this among those that we come in contact with. The attraction in what we do is obviously the cars but this is in many of our experience only the initial draw. We as a group have realized that the attraction is the people. We would rather have you show up with a stock car and be a great person and someone that is fun to hangout with than to show up with the craziest modded car and be a jerk. We drive Lexus because we like the cars but we hangout with this group because of the people we meet and the friends we make.

If you guys can't make it out that is one thing but don't ever make the decision not to come out because you think you car is not modded or not modded enough. I went to Carlisle 2007 with a wrecked car and since that time I have met some great people that have become great friends.
Old 05-12-08, 07:25 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Apex84
The promoter has already sent me an email this morning stating that the pavilion is all ours next year.
nice!!!
Old 05-12-08, 07:30 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BernieIS
This is not just to you PaPaHoff, but I keep hearing and seeing this among those that we come in contact with. The attraction in what we do is obviously the cars but this is in many of our experience only the initial draw. We as a group have realized that the attraction is the people. We would rather have you show up with a stock car and be a great person and someone that is fun to hangout with than to show up with the craziest modded car and be a jerk. We drive Lexus because we like the cars but we hangout with this group because of the people we meet and the friends we make.

If you guys can't make it out that is one thing but don't ever make the decision not to come out because you think you car is not modded or not modded enough. I went to Carlisle 2007 with a wrecked car and since that time I have met some great people that have become great friends.
well said...

Quick Reply: Offical Carlisle '08 Aftermath Pics & Comments Thread