NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

'07 Summer Cruise - Looking for a possible head count...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06, 10:42 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default '07 Summer Cruise (8/25-9/1) Looking for a possible head count...

Hey everyone, bear with me as this is going to be a long thread..
As several of the core members who know me well, are already aware of, I take a vacation on a cruise ship every other year. I have mentioned this to several mambers here and some have expressed interest. I am in the process of working with a family member (my aunt) as well as my travel agent to get the process started for vacation next summer. Normally, I sail as part of a group myself, but next year I am trying to act as co-host/coordinator for my own group.
I am currently putting a cruise package together to sail on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines' newest ship (still building, official launches May 2007) Liberty of the Seas. The prespective date will be August 25, 2007 for the Western Caribbean itenerary. In order to keep cost as low as possible, I normally fly to Hollywood,FL and then have a coach bus pick up my group and take them to the pier area (45 minute ride). Have used Southwest for my air transport and will probably do so again in order to keep cost at a minimum. This is the itinerary for the ship I am booking passage on along with map and times for the sailing for this ship..

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...de=&promoType=

My travel agent has sent word to my Aunt, who has also forwarded to me, pricing for this trip,,, it is as follows.

The best prices right now are:
Freedom of the Seas - 8/26/07 - Eastern Caribbean
inside - $855.96 promenade view $930.96 oceanview $1040.96 balcony $1190.96
Best for Western is 8/19/07 - all categories at least $300 more

Liberty of the Seas - 8/25/07 - Western Caribbean
inside - $816.75 promenade - $891.75 oceanview $1001.75 balcony $1151.75
All Eastern dates are higher than that above for the Freedom

All prices are per person, double occupancy - include cruise and all taxes and fees. Air and transfers are extra - would want to use either Southwest or AirTran with Royal Caribbean bus to keep price down. No way to judge now what that might be.

Looks like there is space available for a group so let me know if you want to go that route and which ship/date.

Pat

Please ignore Freedom of the Seas info, as this is not the ship I am working with, but I had to give the agent a perspective date to start working with. The date I am looking to book is August 25th.

PLEASE READ!!!!!!
I, IN NO WAY, AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANY MONEY TO BE PAID RIGHT NOW!!!!! I WILL NOT COLLECT YOUR MONEY AT ALL AND INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE INTERESTED AS TO WHERE TO SEND YOUR MONEY!!!!!
THE ONLY THING I AM TRYING TO DO IS EXTEND A POSSIBLE INVITATION TO MY NELOC FAMILY AND SEE WHO IS INTERESTED SO WE MAY POSSIBLY GET A GROUP RATE FOR THIS TRIP.
The more people I get to attend, the cheaper the price of the cruise package will be for everyone. You will note, if you reference the RCC site I have listed, the price for the package we are working on is a little cheaper.

AGAIN,,I am only looking for a perspective head count at this time of those who may be interested so I can (A) have an idea of how many people may be interested in going, (B) give the travel agent a possible group number to work with so all reservations, arrangements, etc can start to be made and she may also be also to get us more of a discount on price PER PERSON LISTED ABOVE. The price listed does not include airfare at this time, but this is another issue which will be investigated as well. Prices will vary, as many of you may come from many different areas. This is the purpose of the headcount at this time so the next step in investigation can proceed. Anyone who has questions, please PM me or feel free to call my cell 443 629 7175.
People, this is taking alot of my free time and alot of work and investigation. Please remember that the info. I have NOW is only phase 1 in this process, and the more people interested, the more work for me to organize. I DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE ANSWERS TO ALL QUESTIONS YET,, WHEN I GET MORE INFO. THOSE WHO HAVE EXPRESSED POSSIBLE INTEREST WILL BE CONTACTED PERSONALLY BY ME!!!
Please let me know within 2 weeks at the latest by thread response or PM, of those of you who may be interested in this, so I can get things moving!!!!

Once again, this is a 7 day cruise. All taxes, port charges and fee are included with the price that is listed above. Price will be increased due to airfare to/from Florida(Looking into airfare,but trying to see who may be interested so that issue can be addressed). What I have listed above will provide you all with at least a baseline minimum of cost to take this weeklong trip. There are additional cost such as alcohol, shore excursions (tours), gifts, shopping etc. Essentially, as far as getting there, passage on the ship, eating, and getting back home, this is being provided as part of the package I am putting together. Just make sure you bring plenty of spending money with you. Remember, I am looking to see who thinks they may be interested at this time so I can work with some perspective numbers. All other questions, concerns, etc can/will be answered as I get more infor. together. I have used this travel agent for all of my trips so far and have not been disappointed. My travel agent works for establishment called Cruise World, Inc.

Most importantly,, payment can either be paid in full at time of booking or through installments set by travel agent!!

Serious inquiries only!!!!

Thanks,,
Tony

Last edited by trukn1; 11-04-06 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-02-06, 11:07 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Forgot to add,,,, You can take a virtual tour of this ship that is being built by logging onto RoyalCaribbean.com,,look under "find a cruise", then go to ships and go into the section marked "Freedom Family", click on Freedom of the Seas and enjoy the virtual tour.
Freedom of the Seas is an identical sister ship to Liberty of the Seas. This ship was launched in the early part of this year and came through NY Harbor with the today show before heading to it's home in Miami.
Old 11-03-06, 05:15 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many days? all inclusive? taxes?.....
Old 11-03-06, 06:24 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
how many days? all inclusive? taxes?.....
7 days, all inclusive (except alcohol, shore excursions, gifts, etc). Taxes and port charges in price.

All prices are per person, double occupancy - include cruise and all taxes and fees. Air and transfers are extra
Old 11-03-06, 07:26 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Please note, original date posted was not available, changed from 8/11 to 8/25. New sail dates are from 8/25 - 9/1