Mountain - Prairie For events in Colorado, Kansas, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.

Reputable Shop/Mechanic in the Kansas City area for Compression Check/Leak Down Test

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-15, 04:39 PM
snackids
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reputable Shop/Mechanic in the Kansas City area for Compression Check/Leak Down Test

Greetings Mountain-Prairie group! I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to a reputable shop/mechanic that could perform a compression and leak down test on an ISF in the area. I called Hendrick Lexus and they told me that no technician has a mechanical compression tester at their dealership. They said the best they could do is hook the car to a scan tool which might tell you the % drop off between cylinders but not the actual PSI per cylinder for an actual compression check. I find it quite odd that a nobody at both Lexus Hendrick dealerships has a mechanical compression tester.

Many thanks in advance!
Old 01-22-16, 06:10 PM
TURBO5DAVE
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I could do it. May I ask why your needing one? Pm me to set up something located in Overland Park be a good time to replace plugs also.