Mountain - Prairie For events in Colorado, Kansas, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.

Good Lexus Repair (besides dealer) in Kansas City?

Old 01-07-07, 08:02 PM
stephbm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Lexus Repair (besides dealer) in Kansas City?

I am moving from Dallas to KC...I have a place here called Davenport and they are a couple of brothers that left the local Lexus dealer about 10 years and just do Lexus maintenance....great work, half the price. anything like this in KC??
Old 01-07-07, 09:18 PM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

where in kc? there is a place called Exact that specialize in Lexus, but they not cheap. other than that i only know of the dealer.
Old 01-08-07, 07:25 PM
stephbm
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks...

Overland Park area...is it cheaper than the dealer?
Old 01-08-07, 09:26 PM
ksu1998
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cheaper than the dealer..Yes good place as well

I go to a Toyota dealer in Lee's Summit almost half off dealer. Only problem is i know more about my GS then they do.

D
Old 01-09-07, 03:14 PM
stephbm
Driver School Candidate

Default front suspension noises in your GS?

I have a 2002 GS430 and I hear faint sounds at low speeds (like going over speed bumps)- almost "tinny" sounds. People keep saying ball joints...any issues with yours?
Old 01-09-07, 09:09 PM
ksu1998
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

issues with mine no.. I have 136,000 on my 99' GS400. But I belive it is how the car was driven, mine was all hiway and very easy.

However a BJ failure is bad news for the GS so...

...with this in mind I ordered ball joints from sewell Lexus and will install them end of this month.

Dale
Old 01-30-07, 04:45 PM
Gunnut
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Our family mechanic can work on anything. He totally redid my AC las t summer for $900 and change. Well below what the Lexus dealer wanted. He lives in Stilwell. Drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with him. He works 100% out of his home. He is very good.

JimA

Last edited by Gunnut; 01-30-07 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added sig
Old 02-13-07, 12:55 PM
ja8m1e6s
Driver School Candidate

yeah my buddy is a certified mechanic for gm, he works cheap. he does it cause he likes it, he has a job working for a bank cause he has type I diabetes so he cant be a mechanic full time or his hands get all ****ed up. hes in the lees summit area and normally only does work on sundays. which is his day off from work at the bank. he did my complete suspension with the coilovers for dirt cheap, but he owes me money buahahahah (nothing better then a mechanic oweing u alot of money hehehehe dont tell him i said that) but get at me if your serious about some work being done ill call him let him know what it is and give him your number. he will probably give you **** for owning an import (hes got a camaro that destroys all) but just remind him chevy owns a good portion of toyota hahaha
Old 04-26-14, 04:56 AM
RonMallare
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gunnut
Our family mechanic can work on anything. He totally redid my AC las t summer for $900 and change. Well below what the Lexus dealer wanted. He lives in Stilwell. Drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with him. He works 100% out of his home. He is very good.

JimA
Jim, Can I have the name and phone number of the mechanic that can work on a Lexus in Stillwell? Thanks,
Ron
Old 05-01-14, 06:37 PM
TURBO5DAVE
Driver School Candidate

I could work on it if still needed. Live by olathe worknin op master certified owned 3 sc400 and a isf.
Old 05-05-14, 03:02 AM
RonMallare
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TURBO5DAVE
I could work on it if still needed. Live by olathe worknin op master certified owned 3 sc400 and a isf.

Dave, I am still interested in replacing the timing belt and the water pump on a 2008 RX 400h. Please email to me your phone number at my email address which is rmallare@tcco.com.

Thanks, Ron
Old 05-12-14, 06:05 PM
JDMpeezy
Rookie

Default coils?

hey man sorry for the bother but looking to install coils and learn a little more about them. intrested in teaching and installing, of course nothings free, willing to pay.
Old 05-27-14, 08:24 PM
TURBO5DAVE
Driver School Candidate

Love to help out or show you how to install coil. If you could PM me more info on setup and time frame we can go from their.
Old 05-28-14, 09:00 AM
JDMpeezy
Rookie

Love to help out or show you how to install coil. If you could PM me more info on setup and time frame we can go from their.

Dang. I guess I was a little to late but moving out to waynesville, MO. But thanks for willing too.
Old 07-11-14, 06:41 AM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JT Autosports in Kansas City. Good family guys there. They have a dyno and fabricate stuff as well.

Last edited by dengman; 06-21-16 at 11:49 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good Lexus Repair (besides dealer) in Kansas City?