Eclipse 7310 Head Unit with Screen and FacePlate for GS300/400

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-03, 12:01 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7310 Head Unit with Screen and FacePlate for GS300/400

Im selling an eclipse 7301 head unit. Its a double din screen and the screen folds down so that you could insert a CD or TAPE. You would need to add an additional dvd player in order to watch dvds. You could get a new dvd/mp3/tv tuner combo to add onto this for under $200 on ebay. In my opinion this is nicest looking screen for the gs300/gs400. It looks very stock and the dvd picture quality is incredible. And since this does not have a gap between the screen and your dash like other screens on the market, this doesnt look cheap and actually looks like it belongs there. I am selling it with the faceplate i made around it. The faceplate has been color matched and looks incredible. Every now and then, rarely, with sun hitting it at a certain angle, the color match is not 100% exact. But so far everyone thinks the faceplate is stock. This is my second plate I colormatched for the GS, and this one has a huge improvement since my past one. I love this unit. I just bought it used off a friend that kept it in great condition. The only reason im forced to sell it is because this model has a built in fan that makes a low hum which is unacceptable when i go to sound competitions. I tried opening the unit and dynomatting around the fan, but the hum is not completely gone. The hum is very low and is fine for everyday use.
Also, look where it says "ECLIPSE" on the top left hand corner. The "L" has a small ding on it thats not too noticable. I might fix that before I ship it off. And one last thing is that the screen sometimes needs a small nudge when its sliding back into place after inserting a CD. This really didnt bother me, and I think some lubrication should do the job. Another reason why this unit is so great is that it does not have a seperate brain that needs to be stored somewhere else. Its all built in (therefore the reason they used a fan to keep it all cool). I have the manual but not the box or reciept.

Pic of the main screen:

Pic of the spectrum analyzer:

Pic of it off. In this pic, I made the lighting and angle in a way to show you the worst the colormatch will ever look. Although the colormatch rarely looks that off, just wanted to show you it at its worst):

Im selling the unit with the faceplate for $1000.
Email me at fierceconcepts@aol.com if your interested.

I live in Los Angeles, CA if you want to stop by and check it out.
(I apologize for the long post, but I wanted to answer any questions you guys might have without emailing each of you separately)

-Allen
Old 02-01-03, 12:54 PM
TerryTCL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what about the wiring for this thing?

is there already an adapter you made for it?

is the adapter plate painted?
Old 02-01-03, 02:07 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

Terry, Im not too clear on your question. Im thinking you want to connect this to your stock system without any other mods?
If so, im not too sure on how that could be done. I think ive heard that its a nightmare to do on our cars.
I replaced all my speakers and used the rca outputs from the head unit to connect it to an aftermarket amplifier. If your also going to do this, wiring it is very simple. Hopefully I answered your question.

Also there is a typo in the title. Its an Eclipse 7301, not 7310.
Old 02-01-03, 11:14 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

fierce, by any chance could you post a pic of what it looks like opened??
Old 02-02-03, 07:22 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

cd on top, tape on bottom.
Old 02-02-03, 11:25 PM
TerryTCL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by fierce gs
Terry, Im not too clear on your question. Im thinking you want to connect this to your stock system without any other mods?
If so, im not too sure on how that could be done. I think ive heard that its a nightmare to do on our cars.
I replaced all my speakers and used the rca outputs from the head unit to connect it to an aftermarket amplifier. If your also going to do this, wiring it is very simple. Hopefully I answered your question.

Also there is a typo in the title. Its an Eclipse 7301, not 7310.
i mean, how's the wiring on this thing?
did you splice into the car's harness? or an adapter?
Old 02-03-03, 08:07 AM
fierce gs
Pole Position

No, I didnt splice into the cars harness. I got a metra wiring harness for a toyota and rewired the pins so that it matches up with the gs.
Old 02-14-03, 03:57 PM
808SC300
Pole Position

Still for sale?
Old 02-16-03, 12:28 AM
fierce gs
Pole Position

Yes.

Email me at fierceconcepts@aol.com if your interested...Or you could just PM me.

-Allen
Old 02-21-03, 09:23 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

If you have a gs300/400 and are interested in this, get in touch with me for sure. I will try to work something out with you.

I have a few offers for just the eclipse unit without the faceplate from owners of other cars, and Id like to try to sell it with the faceplate since it was made for it so well. So ill give it a little more time before I go ahead and seperate it from the faceplate.

The unit was just uninstalled from my car, and is ready to be shipped.

-Allen
Old 03-05-03, 08:59 AM
fierce gs
Pole Position

Ive been asked a few questions through PMs that I thought Id answer here for the rest of you.

The buttons light up green during the night and matches the cars lcd displays very nicely.

The fan noise seems to be normal. I took it to an Eclipse dealer and he said thats just about the way they should sound. It might be a tad bit louder than normal. A new aftermarket fan might quiet it down a little more. A new one from Eclipse costs $35 I think for an exact replacement. While driving or the music on low-meduim you will not hear the fan. The fan is not always on. Only turns on when it feels its necessary I guess. And with the head unit off, but with the car in ignition, the fan occasionally turns on to precool it for when you turn it on I guess.

The exact specs of the unit are on Eclipses' web site:
http://www.eclipseb2b.com/website/Pr...tegoryno=10200

This unit retails for $2000, but to be honest this doesnt sell for that much new at stores. A store down here is selling a new one for $1500 and the one on display for $1150.
The custom faceplate around it could cost up to $350.
This unit is pretty rare and not every eclipse store has them.

There is no warranty left on the unit.

The unit has a screen that shows dvd's but does not have a built in dvd player to play dvds. If this option is important to you and you want it with the package, I could get you a brand new dvd/mp3/tv tuner combo to attach to it for about $200. You could then run the rca's to the trunk and mount the dvd player in the trunk. I know a guy that works for the manufacturer and could get them for real cheap.

With all that said, if you are interested contact me so I could sell this asap. I really need any money I could get at this moment.
Old 04-08-03, 08:49 AM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

i seen this in a friends car. this is a nice setup for a real indash dvd player.... it's hard to find now. the dvd quality was really good too.