FL WTB Pioneer Avic-F700BT

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-09, 11:05 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB Pioneer Avic-F700BT

Looking for a Pioneer Avic-F700BT, email or PM me if you have one.

tgk100@gmail.com
Old 06-23-09, 10:59 AM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Nvm I found one
Old 06-23-09, 01:09 PM
abobiznow
Pole Position

how much did you pay and where did you get it?

i'm in the market for the similar thing and am just curious. i've been searching ebay, sonicelectronix, ect.
Old 06-24-09, 11:24 AM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

ebay. check amazon.com though
Old 06-24-09, 12:13 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Dude becareful, my 700BT is the biggest POS I Have ever owned..............and due to me being the biggest retard of all time this is my second one and all the issues are the exact same.
Old 06-24-09, 01:40 PM
abobiznow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sup2jzgte
Dude becareful, my 700BT is the biggest POS I Have ever owned..............and due to me being the biggest retard of all time this is my second one and all the issues are the exact same.
like what issues?
Old 06-24-09, 02:36 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by abobiznow
like what issues?
After I installed the unit I did the 2.0 update and went out to test how the GPS worked so I punched in a buddys address and off I went. About a half mile down the road the damn thing resets, I'm thinking WTF this isnt normal so I continue on my way. After it FINALLY boots back up it keeps saying Satellite lost..........how the hell is that possible when there is not a cloud in the sky, no trees or houses around me.....its an open area AND the antenna is on the roof. I get home and recheck all my connections and very thing is fine, I put it all back together and give it another shot.............wouldnt you know it the damn thing worked lol.

On to about a week later, the same thing starts happening this time it just kept rebooting. I figure the antenna might be bad so I ordered a new one, but no go...issue even with the new antenna. I go on here and learn that this is a common issue and I deleted a few files as stated in a few threads..............WALA it worked, for about 2 days before it started AGAIN! Now it will navigate for all of a few minutes before it stops responding.

On to issue #2..........Thumbdrives and hard drives are like Kryptonite. I plug in a thumbdrive and it works until I shutoff the car and restart it. When I shut the car off and turn it back on it does not recognize the drives, I have to unplug and replug it in for it to be recognized. I have tried all my thumbdrives which are Sony, Kingston, and Sandisk all different sizes, all of em do it.

Issue #3, I turn the car on let the system boot and guess what..................NO SOUND lol, not even the touch tone sounds, no music from CD's or from drives, but wait it gets better.... the AM/FM radio work fine lol. I have to shut the car off and restart it for the damn thing to fully work.

Issue #4, When I'm using the Blue Tooth feature after a few minutes of talking the system volume will go up and down on its own. I have tried 3 different phones and all of them experience the same issues.

Issue #5, The GPS will start talking in English then go to a random language.

Here is a funny side note, my neighbor bought the 900 and it is doing the same thing with thumb drives, not having sound, but now it wont even stay on for more than 10 minutes when the GPS is on all it does is reboot.

I called Pioneer and they tell me to send the unit in for repair, well wouldnt you know it they could not duplicate the problems, figures :roll:. They reset it to factory and sent it back to me.............do I even have to say what happened when I got it back? The same damn things, I called Pioneer yet AGAIN and I was not nice this time because I spent decent money on this unit and it does not work even AFTER sending it out to them. The Customer service rep told me it was an installation issue.......ummmm NO, I know for a fact that it is not an installation issue, the symptoms do not fit their diagnosis.......not to mention most of these issues are known to happen with these models and yet they still will not issue a recall. The unit is not hacked in anyway not hardware or software. So they wanted me to send it out for repair again, which I refused to do, at this point if I cant get this fixed on my own I will just chuck it. I heard rumbling about how bad Pioneer Nav units are, but this is my first one for personal use, I went against my better judgment and picked one up...............big freaking mistake, I should have stayed with the Kenwood. Never in my life did I think Pioneer would release such a inferior product.
Old 06-24-09, 03:34 PM
abobiznow
Pole Position

thank you for taking the time to write that out. i will not be getting one now.

what are you going to do with yours? are you going to get something different?
Old 06-24-09, 03:46 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

what are you going to do with yours? are you going to get something different?
LOL LOL LOL LOL some funny **** that I just posted my issues..................I just jumped in my car to head off to GNC and guess what..................the touch screen is not repsonding at all, Kenwood here I come.

To answer your question I'm going back to Kenwood, not sure on which model yet but it is going to be a Kenwood or an Eclipse.
Old 06-24-09, 04:47 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Same here. Good info there Sup2jzgte

I was close to buying the older AVIC-F500BT ( $178 Shipped ) for my minivan
Old 06-24-09, 05:34 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Kinda sounds like you got a lemon. Every single review I've read since the 2.0 update has been extremely positive.
Old 06-24-09, 06:49 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TroySC300
Kinda sounds like you got a lemon. Every single review I've read since the 2.0 update has been extremely positive.
No lemons, this happened to with 2 700 and my friends 900, check out AVIC411.com, you will see the 700 and 900 are LOADED with issues, I mean its your choice but these are the common issues with these models and I just wanted to give you a heads up.
Old 06-24-09, 06:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Well I'll be a guinea pig myself... I'm getting a F90bt installed in my truck as we speak... prices were too low to pass up for the features on these (I guess if it works, lol).

I did a bunch of research as well and sounded like 2.0 fixed most all the issues. Will report back next weekend or next week after I use it a bit.
Old 06-24-09, 06:59 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Well I'll be a guinea pig myself... I'm getting a F90bt installed in my truck as we speak... prices were too low to pass up for the features on these (I guess if it works, lol).

I did a bunch of research as well and sounded like 2.0 fixed most all the issues. Will report back next weekend or next week after I use it a bit.
Yeah I did the samething the price was to good to pass up, but sadly I will never touch another Pioneer product again..............just to cheap for me I guess .

I dont know if the F90 had any real issues, but I know the 700 and 900 are loaded with issues especially if you do any hacks to them.

I really hope you guys get ones that work awesome for you and make you happy. I know after 2 crappy 700's and a friends 900 turning into paper weights, followed by the tons of people having the same issues Pioneer is no longer a brand I will purchase ever. I'm sticking with Eclipse and Higher end Kenwoods

Good Luck guys