Pioneer DEH-7500 and Directed 5ch amp

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-05, 04:32 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pioneer DEH-7500 and Directed 5ch amp

First up is a Pretty much new Pioneer DEH-7500mp, this is a discontinued HU and is the only HU in Pioneer's non-motorized face plate line with an animated screen (swimming dolphins, b-boy dancer, rally racing, and some others.... please visit pioneers website to view the animations)
that can BE CUSTOMIZED. That's right... you can put a picture of your car (if you want) onto the screen as a background.

Plays MP3's CD-Rs etc...

I used it for about 1 week with my carputer setup before I went 5.1 digital surround sound and ditched the pioneer.

Inlucdes original box, unit, face plate, wire harness, mnaual and warranty card, face place case, and remote w/battery.

200 shipped

Directed 5ch amp. Considered one of the best in multi-channel amps. 800 watts total power with about 250 going to the 5th (bass) channel. Each channel is total configurable for crossover and low/high pass filters. I purchased this to be used for my 5.1 surround system... but I messed up because of directed's 5'th channel structure.

Directed is one of those "smart" amps that can take the input from a typcial front/rear setup and direct all bass frequencies to teh 5'th channel (your subs). Therefore NO SUB input is needed. You just hookup a front and/or rear input and the sub output is automatically present. This is why i couldn't use it for my 5.1.... because 5.1 requires an input for all 5.1 channels.

Everything is great on this amp except for 2 damaged tabs on the right side of the amp. These tabs do no affect performance... it's just the tabs that allow you to mount them amps.

195 shipped

ummagawd@gmail.com

pics available upon request
Old 10-17-05, 12:54 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

WOW a 7500! I used to sell these @ my car audio stores when I owned several stores years back. The day I got word they were discontinuing them i almost shed a tear. These are not only very cool headunits, they have tons of features such as a small DSP, EQ, independent sub woofer controls -- x-over and volume, and built in crossovers front and rear!

Another note being they are one of the LOUDEST headunits out there. Talk about a headunit that can drive the hell out of an amp! Quit reading specs and start listening to what you're buying folks. There were 8v head units out there that could not touch this head unit in output. It will absolutely make your ears bleed.

Killer head unit!
Old 10-17-05, 09:37 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

wow!?!? finally.... someone besides me that understands what's up with the 7500...

haha when i first started my carputer project..... i did all the research on a great head unit... and needless to say I went with the 7500. The hard part was it was already discontinued when I decided on it. I searched day and night for someone with one.... took me months. And all I'm doing is selling it for the same price I got it.....

but yea OLT is right on.... this thing is packed with features... it was replaced by the 7600 which is crap.... I don't understand how you replace a unit with another with only half the features.
Old 10-20-05, 04:24 PM
Phase2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the screen in good condition do you have pics, very intrested!
Old 10-24-05, 07:15 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im also interested in Pics. What kind of car did you have this in? thanks
Old 10-24-05, 09:10 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

i've got a pic... give me your guys' email address

(used to be in an SC)
Old 10-24-05, 10:31 PM
nismo2trd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ummagawd
i've got a pic... give me your guys' email address

(used to be in an SC)
Shift24o@Hotmail.com
Old 10-25-05, 06:00 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

chrisnguyen@hotmail.com

How did you have your setup? Did you switch out all of your speakers and run them with that Directed amp you are selling? did you ever just have this wired up to your factory speakers? You don't have the wiring harness already set up for the SC do ya? thanks
Old 10-25-05, 06:08 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

when I had this in.... it was wired straight to the factory speakers (OEM) the only speaker upgrade I had was the JL 10IB4 sub in place of the facotry sub. It was most definately a sound improvement over the stock head unit.

In fact it sounded so clean that I found no need to change out my factory speakers. And I'm dead serious (and I'm a bit of an audiophile if that counts).

Then since I was running a carputer.... I figured I'd make use out of it... and go 5.1 surround sound.

In order to accomplish that... I had to ditch the pioneeer HU and run an amp to power up the speakers.

That's when the directed amp comes in. The only problem was that the driected amp (although is a 5ch amp) only has 4ch inputs. It has a "smart" crossover and automatically filters out the low pass to drive the 5'th channel (your subs). And that wasn't going to work with a 5.1 system... I needed an input for each individual channel. So thats why I'm selling.
Old 10-25-05, 08:12 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

My bad man, left out part of my Email address. Its chrisnguyen99@hotmail.com. Sorry about that, could you send pics to that address. Do you still have the wiring harness still set up for the SC? thanks
Old 10-25-05, 08:56 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

i was wondering why it wouldn't go through...

as for the harness... I did... but then ripped it all out when I went 5.1

I can give you a tip though... the best way to bypass the stock amps is to run the speaker wire (and you can get them pre-twisted and the matching colors at a stereo shop for cheap) all the way to the back where the factory CD changer would be. If you take that out.... the amp is right below. The speakers plug right into there. All you gotta do is match up the wire colors and you're set.
Old 10-27-05, 10:01 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Umma, this sold yet? I can't hold back much longer
Old 10-27-05, 11:57 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

nope... a few inquiries.... but no one serious.... did you want a pic?

if it doesn't sell... i'm trying to decide to whether or not to ebay it or install it in my sister's car. (or my daily when i get one)
Old 10-28-05, 02:37 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Hey Umma, i didnt get the pics. could you resend them to me? Is there any way to hook my Ipod to it? thanks
Old 10-28-05, 02:50 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

sha4000@nyc.rr.com

Quick Reply: Pioneer DEH-7500 and Directed 5ch amp