Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Vendor Marketplace and Classifieds > Marketplace
FS: 1998 Lexus SC300 Platinum Silver / Black Interior >

FS: 1998 Lexus SC300 Platinum Silver / Black Interior

Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

FS: 1998 Lexus SC300 Platinum Silver / Black Interior

1998 Lexus SC300

02-04-19, 08:21 AM | Replies: 4 | Views: 2540
Rookie

• Price
    $5,500
  • Location Houston, TX, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN JT8CD32Z7W1002795
  • Mileage 196,000
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Coupe
  • Exterior Color Silver
Description:

First & Last name?: Alex T.
Phone? : 832 708 9133
City? : Houston
State? : Texas
Zipcode? : 77095
Make: Lexus
Model: SC300
Year: 1998
Miles: 196,XXX
Title: Clean
Price: $5,500
Trades: No trades

Selling my 1998 Lexus SC300 2JZ-GE VVTi auto Platinum Silver exterior with black interior. The timing belt, water pump, fluids, and a number of gaskets were changed at ~155k. Have a stack of paperwork. This is my fourth SC over the years and mechanically everything works as should. Regular oil changes with Castrol GTX high mileage every 3k miles. The leather is protected with Aerospace 303 protectant and is in very good shape considering age with only one crack on the passenger seat. The engine does not burn oil, does not leak anything and runs great. Overall very well taken cared of. Comes with the '99 perforated 3-spoke steering wheel pictured.

I tried taking all the pictures in sunlight so you can see the imperfections. As clean as it is, its still 18 years old so please keep that in mind. That said, it does not have some of the common SC issues such as leaky LCD screens, cracked/torn door panels, blown trunk shocks, cracked grill insert, burnt out dash needles, etc. I did replace the cluster with one from a 126k mile car 2k miles ago due to issues with tachometer, the original cluster will be included with the sale.

Also, IIRC the Platinum Silver is a pretty rare color and only made a few years. I believe the production run was somewhere around 200 units in this color, but not exactly sure. Was never able to find the exact numbers. Just going based of what others told me. If anyone could confirm this, I would appreciate it.

I am pretty firm on price. Let me know if you have any questions or would like more photos. Best way to reach me is through a PM on SF or via a text. Thanks all.

Last edited by SupraTurbo; 02-11-19 at 06:32 AM. Reply
Old 02-12-19, 05:24 AM
SupraTurbo
Rookie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I realized there's only one exterior photo, so if you would like to see more, please PM or text. I will be listing the car locally over the next few weeks also.
Old 02-18-19, 06:57 AM
SupraTurbo
Rookie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TTT. If you're in the market for a clean SC, you will not be disappointed. Cleaner than cars with half its mileage. Very well taken cared of with maintenance receipts and logbook.
Old 03-09-19, 06:43 AM
SupraTurbo
Rookie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bump. Also have a set of Supra TT struts and shocks I can include with the sale.
Old 04-08-19, 06:50 AM
SupraTurbo
Rookie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bump. Took a few more exterior photos over the weekend. PM if interested.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.