Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lexus Hood Ornament

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-18, 04:34 PM
djetlab
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Hood Ornament

Hi! I am a fellow loyal lexus driver and i have been trying my best to find a product like this all over the internet and i am having trouble finding it, does anyone know of anywhere i can order it? I am also in Canada and that makes it harder to order something if they dont ship to my country, thanks.

Old 06-13-18, 07:37 AM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

The "Spirit of Lexus"?
Old 06-13-18, 08:38 AM
ShrinkDoc
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Here ya go:

https://www.ebay.com/i/222721686468?chn=ps

They do international bids, so Canada should not be an issue. Put some pics up once you're done!
The following users liked this post:
djetlab (06-13-18)
Old 06-13-18, 02:42 PM
djetlab
Driver School Candidate

Transformation in progress: Black badging, Hybrid emblem, fully tinted windows, factory tail lights have been tinted (Replacing the Tail lights and aftermarket rims)

Awaiting on shipment from a company that makes custom headlights and taillights for many makes and models, company is called Spyder Auto.
Old 06-15-18, 01:29 PM
djetlab
Driver School Candidate

I think the first emblem picture i posted looks the best because it is a bit thicker than the other 2 and has a really nice chrome finish, so im going to go through the trouble of having it shipped to my friend in the U.S. and then they can ship it to me. Here is the link to the one i ordered.
https://www.showtrix.com/inc/sdetail/28942/29157

Last edited by djetlab; 06-15-18 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-15-18, 01:51 PM
ShrinkDoc
Advanced

Put some pics up once you've completed the project. ENJOY!
The following users liked this post:
djetlab (06-15-18)
Old 06-16-18, 12:28 AM
tghw
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Cimabeu
Here ya go:

https://www.ebay.com/i/222721686468?chn=ps

They do international bids, so Canada should not be an issue. Put some pics up once you're done!
In that auction it clearly states the following:

Shipping to: Worldwide
Excludes: Canada, Australia, PO Box
Old 06-16-18, 01:28 AM
ShrinkDoc
Advanced

Originally Posted by tghw

Well...I'd ask you to cross the border and buy it, but alas...we are currently under a semi-dictatorship and you might be put in a cage if you cross over.
Old 06-16-18, 08:46 AM
djetlab
Driver School Candidate

The seller actually offerd to ship it to canada for $10 USD which i appreciated but i ordered the nicer one and it came in 2 days to my friend in the U.S. which is awesome and it looks better than the other ones, i cant wait for it to get to me, my tail lights come this Wednesday and i'll have the new rims on by Friday so i am more than satisfied

DAI Alloy Rims
Old 06-18-18, 05:18 AM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

How r u going to attach it? Double sided tape?
I would be careful with the paint since, I'm guessing, people will try to steal it just like Rolls Royce's Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornament.
Old 06-19-18, 12:25 PM
tghw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MedicalDoc
How r u going to attach it? Double sided tape?
I would be careful with the paint since, I'm guessing, people will try to steal it just like Rolls Royce's Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornament.
I like the looks and idea, but there is no way I would install it on my GS. It's just a shiny chrome invitation to vandalize my car. if someone rips it off of your hood it will do expensive damage. No thanks.
Old 06-22-18, 07:11 PM
djetlab
Driver School Candidate

I like the looks and idea, but there is no way I would install it on my GS. It's just a shiny chrome invitation to vandalize my car. if someone rips it off of your hood it will do expensive damage. No thanks.
Yea i understand your thoughts about that, fortunately for me that problem depends on location and I feel perfectly safe about it getting stolen, i'll have mine in about 2 weeks and i will reply to this thread with how it looks, what year is your GS? I have a 2009 GS350 that i feel would look great with the hood ornament, given that i remove the 1 in the grill because having 2 looks a bit funny but its all just preference. I am installing this hood ornament on my RX350 though because i have blacked out the grill.
Old 06-22-18, 08:18 PM
tghw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djetlab
Yea i understand your thoughts about that, fortunately for me that problem depends on location and I feel perfectly safe about it getting stolen, i'll have mine in about 2 weeks and i will reply to this thread with how it looks, what year is your GS? I have a 2009 GS350 that i feel would look great with the hood ornament, given that i remove the 1 in the grill because having 2 looks a bit funny but its all just preference. I am installing this hood ornament on my RX350 though because i have blacked out the grill.
I have a Blk 09 GS350 AWD and I live right in-between Milwaukee WI-Chicago IL. Car theft, car jacking, vandalism is very common in many areas around here. I would never feel safe leaving my GS unattended without the constant fear that someone would try to steal that ornament. I do like the look of it though. I hope that you never have any issues with yours.