Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

DESPERATE for Break system help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-14, 11:27 AM
TCSMOM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DESPERATE for Break system help

2005 ES0330 Out of nowhere my rt front wheel sounded like sandpaper scratches very lite, about a week later the sound erupted sounded like metal on metal. Eased going home and coming to a very slow stop the brakes almost didn't work. When my son took apart the break pads were like paper thin , the rotor had pretty bad grooves all over. He got it back together and when they were getting started bleeding the brakes the line that goes into the caliber the screw shot out and the piece inside looked like it exoded. Everything from top to bottom I was told had been replaced if it didn't look new. That was in June of this year.
What would cause that to happen. The rest look like new.
If anyone can help us with what else we need to look for
The entire breakline is being replaced, I had to get a straight line going to the master cylinder and the tool to bend it. Instructions on how to do that would be awesome as my son doesn't want to kinks or collapse it.
This is my only means of transportation and I have to get it back on road asap
Safety is the most important.
Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by TCSMOM; 11-05-14 at 11:31 AM. Reason: model and year
Old 11-10-14, 07:28 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TCSMOM
2005 ES0330 Out of nowhere my rt front wheel sounded like sandpaper scratches very lite, about a week later the sound erupted sounded like metal on metal. Eased going home and coming to a very slow stop the brakes almost didn't work. When my son took apart the break pads were like paper thin , the rotor had pretty bad grooves all over. He got it back together and when they were getting started bleeding the brakes the line that goes into the caliber the screw shot out and the piece inside looked like it exoded. Everything from top to bottom I was told had been replaced if it didn't look new. That was in June of this year.
What would cause that to happen. The rest look like new.
If anyone can help us with what else we need to look for
The entire breakline is being replaced, I had to get a straight line going to the master cylinder and the tool to bend it. Instructions on how to do that would be awesome as my son doesn't want to kinks or collapse it.
This is my only means of transportation and I have to get it back on road asap
Safety is the most important.
Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Brake line fabrication can be a huge pain, even in a shop with the proper tools. It also usually doesn't cost too terribly much.

I might recommend some local experience on something like this.