Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Otherwise enjoy dealing with this dealership, but this one thing makes me angry!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-13, 08:46 AM
BrettKA7
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts
Thumbs down Otherwise enjoy dealing with this dealership, but this one thing makes me angry!

Deleted because honestly, I was young when I made this thread and reading my own post was a tad embarrassing.

Some of the comments below were uncalled for, but I was being dramatic.

Last edited by BrettKA7; 11-20-18 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-06-13, 08:08 PM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

A lot of rental companies don't loan to drivers less than 25 years of age.
In some countries, legal drinking age is 18.
Stop whining.....
Old 09-08-13, 11:46 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Rich kid problems.
Old 09-09-13, 12:42 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BDSL
A lot of rental companies don't loan to drivers less than 25 years of age.
In some countries, legal drinking age is 18.
Stop whining.....
Originally Posted by SaigaX
Rich kid problems.
You guys are pretty rude.. i'm laughing at the rich kid comment. LOL. A CT200h isn't an expensive car. Most Lexus dealerships loan out their own cars so it isn't a problem but rarely do you see Lexus dealers have an independent loaner service. So what ever the reason, its bogus one he was treated this way. And you guys are too quick to judge this young man for being young..
Old 09-09-13, 12:45 AM
daeldsir0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are different levels.

Old 09-09-13, 08:48 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

this would **** me of also
and i think its a total jerk move to tell someone rich kids problems like the post above post number 3 serously ?

someone once told me that Lexus dealers are required to keep loaner cars on for all lexus vehicles comming in for service or warrnaty work over a specific amount of money or time

i know JM lexus near me
theyy own the cars they are not even registered just dealer vehciles hundred of them i believe

i think if your dealership is telling you this its BS i don't think the rental companys are separate companys like hert's or avis or anyting
i think most the dealers have there own cars there for use

to the one above who made the comment about rich kid issues

maybe the OP has a good job works his butt off to be able to have something nice that he really loves like a nice new lexus ?

i was 16 in 1996 and i had a 1996 lincoln Contintental
i was from a rich family
but did they buy it for me no
i only had my dad on the title because back then in ohio if you where under 18 you could not have a car in your own name unless you where emancipated to your own custody

but i had a 40k car 275 a month leas full coverage insurance high coverage any myown job my own bank account and i was not working in a family owned business i was in a Kitchen full time after school every day makeing 8 an hour for being the best at what i did
going to school and never missing a day i wanted something nice

maybe the OP is the same so don't be rude
Old 09-09-13, 12:07 PM
darksands
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of rental companies do not loan cars to people under 25 and if they do it is at a higher rate. This is purely for insurance reasons as it is more expensive to insure people under 25. Since a dealer loaner is free, their insurance will not cover a driver under 25 years old so if they loan you a car and you crash it their insurance will not cover the damages. Yes your insurance may cover the damages but then the dealer would have to deal with your insurance and that is another hassle on it's own. It's not just about the money but also about the time it takes to get your insurance to pay out and your coverage may not be as extensive as theirs. If you have loaner car under your coverage it usually means insurance will cover the cost of a loaner car in the even your car is in an accident and you need a loaner. It does not mean your insurance will cover the accident in a loaner car.
Old 09-09-13, 12:10 PM
SC400MAN
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe the determining factor is whether their insurance company allows an underage driver. The fact that your insurance would cover you is nice, but I think they just cannot take the chance. For every nice, responsible young driver like you, there are a dozen who would drive the crap out of the car, since it was someone else's. At the local Lexus dealer, the loaners are still owned by Lexus Corporate, and so they set the rules. I worked for this dealer, and employees could not drive the loaners for ANYTHING except service on my own car. We had a couple of cars owned by the dealership that were used for sales related needs.
Old 09-09-13, 05:32 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by darksands
A lot of rental companies do not loan cars to people under 25 and if they do it is at a higher rate. This is purely for insurance reasons as it is more expensive to insure people under 25. Since a dealer loaner is free, their insurance will not cover a driver under 25 years old so if they loan you a car and you crash it their insurance will not cover the damages. Yes your insurance may cover the damages but then the dealer would have to deal with your insurance and that is another hassle on it's own. It's not just about the money but also about the time it takes to get your insurance to pay out and your coverage may not be as extensive as theirs. If you have loaner car under your coverage it usually means insurance will cover the cost of a loaner car in the even your car is in an accident and you need a loaner. It does not mean your insurance will cover the accident in a loaner car.

the major mejority of big dealerships don't have coverage on there vehicles once close of business at end of day untill open next day
i know it sounds crazy
but a friend who used to own a Lincoln Dealerhsip outside of cleveland ohio
Ed Pike lincoln murcary
told me many years ago

his and he knows atleast a few dozen dealers acrose the country who don't even have coverage between closeing hours
on there cars for them to be driven they have property business insurance that covers for anything that could happen other then tham being driven

if there sales reps drive a car off hours they have to have it covered by there own insurance
and thats very seldom

also another thing

to the OP ask them if its there own cars would they let someone under 25 take it for a test drive if they where gong to buy it hell yeah they would and they would also make sure that person has insurance to cover them and the car before it goes off the lot
2 things they want to see when testing a car your drivers license and issuance proof

so why not let you barrow a car thats just B/S call around talk to all the dealers in your area tell them you want to bring your car there for service but want a good reason to let them know why the dealer wont give you a loaner im sure they want your business enought they will talk to management and get it fixed for you to get a loan
or put you in a demo car during your repair
Old 09-09-13, 05:35 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by SC400MAN
I believe the determining factor is whether their insurance company allows an underage driver. The fact that your insurance would cover you is nice, but I think they just cannot take the chance. For every nice, responsible young driver like you, there are a dozen who would drive the crap out of the car, since it was someone else's. At the local Lexus dealer, the loaners are still owned by Lexus Corporate, and so they set the rules. I worked for this dealer, and employees could not drive the loaners for ANYTHING except service on my own car. We had a couple of cars owned by the dealership that were used for sales related needs.
yeah because they are not tittled isnruance reasons and lexus required them to keep cars they are tittled to Lexus Corporate i heard this from my service tech once

but the thing is
the dealer has no issue letting someone young take a test drive so they should talk to managment and sales and see about getting a demo for the customer to use
its all about cusotmer service and im sure they want to give the OP a reason to come back and buy another car from them whe the OP is ready to pruchase again
Old 09-09-13, 06:09 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

You guys need to simmer down a bit here and be more constructive.

As far as Lexus loaners go, every loaner car on the lot is a lease paid by the dealership. It doesnt matter if it is a rental company or a Lexus dealership, "loaner/rental" cars are treated the same by insurance companies and require the person getting it to be of a certain age. So dont be mad at the dealership, be mad at the insurance company. The dealer providing loaners is a privilege not a right. They are not required to give you anything.
Old 09-09-13, 10:00 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Ok not required and yes a right
But if they can let a younger person test drive a car for a afternoon like most dealers aloe to see if u really like it then I'm sure it has nothing to do with insurnace

But anyways back to this I still think it stinks the way they are tearing this member