ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/maintenance-11/)
-   -   1JZGTE issues (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/maintenance/641197-1jzgte-issues.html)

aznmagic 06-21-12 02:13 AM

1JZGTE issues

Finally swapped the motor into my beloved 1993 Mazda RX7. Wiring looks good and everything, but now im running into some issues. Here goes

-revs very slow
When i try to free rev it it slowly goes up and then when it comes back down it just bogs out and stalls if i dont keep the throttle down
-no vacuum!!
This one has me stumped like crazy. Im not receiving a vacuum from my intake plenum. I have T'd off my map sensor for my boost guage and the guage is not even reading 0. Its just going wild from negative. Not only that but my BOV will not vent. I checked the vacuum port and it is mostly blowing not sucking in

My mods are:
1JZGTE from a 96 soarer 5 speed
Turbonetics T70 turbo
Tial wastegate
HKS BOV
550 cc injectors
Apexi neo

I did the 12V mod kind of. I just routed a kill switch to the fuel pump

Please help me get my car on the road

KsportUSA 06-21-12 10:27 AM

so you have no Hg reading at all?

anyway to post of a video of what is happening? few things being explained are confusing to me.

1JZPWRD 06-21-12 10:54 AM

My thoughts exaclty also.. Post a video.. Thanks

aznmagic 06-21-12 02:38 PM

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Ill get a video after work today.

As for the vacuum reading. No rading at all, its not staying stable anywhere its just constantly bouncing around sperratically

KsportUSA 06-21-12 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by aznmagic (Post 7311630)
Thanks for the quick reply guys. Ill get a video after work today.

As for the vacuum reading. No rading at all, its not staying stable anywhere its just constantly bouncing around sperratically

Sounds like a broken gauge or broken sensor within the gauge.

Remove the gauge completely to eliminate one more thing that can cause any issues.

aznmagic 06-21-12 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by KsportUSA (Post 7311670)
Sounds like a broken gauge or broken sensor within the gauge.

Remove the gauge completely to eliminate one more thing that can cause any issues.

Ill try that, its a brand new gauge though :(

Also, just to make sure, since i am single turbo, where do i route the vacuum for my HKS BOV? i currently have it routed to the back right (if you're in front of the car looking at the car) rear port. Those back 2 ports, i think it went to the VSV?

I searched on where to install it, but most of my searches i am finding twin turbo applications.

aznmagic 06-22-12 02:06 AM

Great...
So found out my vacuum lines from my wastegate and boost controller were incorrect so i routed them according to the manufacturers website. But im still having the vacuum problem and not only that...now the car wont stay running. I got it to start for a bit an then it would die. Well heres the vid

mitsuguy 06-22-12 05:24 AM

If it runs and the throttle plate is closing completely, if you don't have vacuum, then you have a vacuum leak somewhere, or, the motor is toast... has this engine ever ran? What Ecu are you using?

aznmagic 06-22-12 05:48 AM

Yes this engine used to run in a 1996 toyota soarer. Im using the stock ecu, i opened up the ecu and replaced the capacitors since a couple of them were toast. Do you think its my timing? My friend did my timing and he retarded the exhaust cams more than the intake cams and gave me some reason why he did it. Is this true?

aznmagic 06-22-12 05:49 AM

I mean, is this right to do? I always thought you had to TDC.... Would this cause a vacuum loss in the manifold?

mitsuguy 06-22-12 06:28 AM

When you say timing, are we talking can timing? And ill assume you don't have adjustable can gears, so, by saying your friend adjusted timing, he did it with changing the position of the timing belt in relation to the can and crank gears? Hate to say it, but your friend is an idiot... if those are off that way at all and assuming everything else is correct, therein lies your problem - that will cause terrible idle, no vacuum, etc... everything should line up properly - cams with their marks straight up, crank with the arrows aligned at top dead center....

mitsuguy 06-22-12 06:29 AM

If you have adjustable cam gears, put them at zero- you can only really tune them on a dyno, or back to back runs...

mitsuguy 06-22-12 06:30 AM

One last thing - that is a HUGE turbo for that motor... it likely wont make any power til 5000 rpm...

aznmagic 06-22-12 01:41 PM

Thanks mitsuguy!! Ill fix it today, and let you guys know.

aznmagic 06-23-12 01:40 AM

Ok so i TDC'd the crank (even looked inside at the gear and its lined up) and got the cam gears as close as possible to 12 o clock. It look like my boost guage is working now. But now i am
Running into problems with my apexi neo. I know it is the problem because when i try to start the car it turns over then immediately cuts off. I removed apexi neo to verify, and the car started fine, but still ran a bit rich. The neo was on all stock settings and i adjusted the throttle to where its supposed to be, used the hotwire instead of karman and also spaced my brown an black wire for ground on my ecu. What else could it be? It starts and then cuts off