Replacing Timing Belt AND Water Pump? - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Maintenance
Replacing Timing Belt AND Water Pump? >

Replacing Timing Belt AND Water Pump?

Notices
Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Replacing Timing Belt AND Water Pump?

Old 10-30-12, 06:01 PM
konaboi808
Pole Position

I would say change them both. I had a car come in and the fins were corroded. Causing the car to overheat. Coolant in the oil. The cost of repairs is more then the first minor cost when compaired. Also 2 years is alot of time for something to happen. Good luck finding a good shop.
Old 11-27-18, 12:37 PM
GTright
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BDSL View Post
You can attach a long breaker bar to the crank bolt, then blip the starter.
I have done this many times.

Just make sure your engine turns the right way or you will break/strip the bolt.
can any thing else get broken doing this? I have 1993 sc400 I did this and after I took out my plugs and found TDs I then was going around again 2 times to be sure but 10 percent into the rotation I ran into something 80 percent in the opposite direction and the same thing an not get a full rotation please help me understand what I could be hitting thx .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing Timing Belt AND Water Pump?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: