Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Bay Area Dealership NIGHTMARE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-02, 09:47 AM
tosco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bay Area Dealership NIGHTMARE!

Brought car in for warranty service. Received call from Service Associate about car being damaged by a service technician. According to him, the technician backed up into a parked car after the check-up was performed. I immediately went to the dealership to check damage on the car. I found the left rear corner of the rear bumper scraped, a GOLF BALL SIZE DENT (which is about 2 inches deep) on the left rear quarter panel above the tailight, and a handwritten note on the trunk stating, "Please Wash Me ASAP". I questioned the Service Associate about above findings. All of a sudden, Service Associate denied the car ever being damaged. He claimed that the dent was preexisting which is a contradiction of his earlier phone call. After arguing with him for half hour, his Manager offered to repair the dent which, in my opinion, is an admission of guilt. At this time, I opted not to have my car repaired by this dealership because of my distrust and my dissatifaction with their customer service. I noticed the service staff are poorly trained and very, very unprofessional. As for customer service, they SUCK BIG TIME. They even left greasy hand prints on beige interior of my car. I hope this will help other members of what kind of service to expect from PUTNAM LEXUS of Redwood City, CA.
Attached Thumbnails Bay Area Dealership NIGHTMARE!-quarter_damage1.jpg  
Old 06-21-02, 01:33 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Which dealership is this? I live in the bay area also and I want to make sure to avoid it..
Old 06-21-02, 02:11 PM
tosco
Driver School Candidate

Default Dealership Nightmare

The dealership in Redwood City. Their staff are a bunch of haters.
They get so envious if they see you have a dressed up Lexus and would do ANYTHING to ruin your car. They offered to have the car fixed but it wouldn't be perfect anymore if you want my opinion.
Old 06-21-02, 03:41 PM
foucco
Rookie

I bought my Lexus from them and have been going to them thus far. To date, I have been dissatisfied with the quality of their work. Twice they caused new problems, left grease marks on my tan seatbelts, and have yet to fix anything.

I'm heading over to Magnussen next time even though it's a pain in the butt to get there and Putnam is only 5 minutes away from my place.

Aside from that, I will say that they're friendly - but that's not enough to keep my business.
Old 06-25-02, 03:32 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

You guys should try Lexus of Serramonte, and ask for Mark Owen. They're absolutely the best. Many CL members go there.
Old 06-25-02, 08:21 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

sorry to hear your problem, but i believe it always who you know at the dealership always helps. Best way to deal with service people is just go directly through there service manager and not all those assistance there instead..,also as for your car getting hit, that for sure there fault unless you were trying to pull a fast one of them? anyways i take my car to serrmonte lexus also through Mark Owens but again because he is the man that takes care of all the "fix up lexus that comes through".
Old 07-01-02, 02:27 PM
mattie
Driver School Candidate

Default my $0.02 about Putnam Lexus

I also have been bringing in my Lexus to Putnam Lexus in Redwood City for 9 years. It started with my '93 sc400, then '95LS400, and '98GS400. Now I am servicing my sc430 there. I have to agree with many of you here that their service is getting worse. I have to admit that they took a great care of my '93 sc400, but come to think of it, my original sc and ls really didn't have any problems. I just brought them in for a routine service and that's that.

My'98 GS400 had numerous problems including rattles and steering problems which they could never fix. My new sc430 also have some rattles which they could not fix at their first try even though they kept the car for 4 days!

I was supposed to bring in my car last thursday (I made the appointment 2 weeks in advance), but when my wife called that am to confirm the appointment, our service guy gave us a lame excuse saying that the service technician he likes is not available so we have to reschedule our appointment. He did offer to pick up our car this am at our house and give us a loaner car, but the guy was still not there at 1pm (he was supposed to be there at 930-1000am). Supposedly the guy got lost.... This is after we have given them the direction to our house at least three times!

Frankly I am tired of hearing excuses after excuses.... I will definetly advise people to avoid Putnam Lexus. I just don't want them to waste your time.

mattie

P.S. After all their screw ups, they still ask me to rate them the best on the Lexus follow up surveys ....