Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

best cleaning products to use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-02, 12:20 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best cleaning products to use?

Hey guys

im threw out all my old cleaning products and its time to replenish my supplies

what do you guys recommend as far as soap/wav/window cleaner/tire shine goes?

my car deserves a day of beauty as my wife would call it,
she gives the dogs a day of beauty once a month.. i figured my car could use one every so often

thanks

Erick G
Old 05-25-02, 12:50 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for wax's I have heard great things about zaino products, as for tires armorall works good, I cant really help you with the rest though
Old 05-25-02, 04:26 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

www.zainobros.com has the answer to all of your car's "day of beauty" requirements.......haven't used all of sal's stuff, but everything I have used/do use works EXACTLY as is claimed in the website descriptions (and how often does something do everything claimed for it by it's advertisements?!).
Old 05-25-02, 06:18 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't go wrong with those products!!!!
Old 05-25-02, 10:18 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

I just ordered +$100 of Zainobros products and will let you know how it goes. Thanks....

Mike
WS4LIF@aol.com
Old 05-26-02, 07:07 PM
GS4Man

Default Best cleaning products to use. ?

I have a black 98' GS400, and thus can truely vouch for perhaps some of the best products. I don't have experience with everything, but have tried a ton of stuff. The best way to clean a black car is us use a light amount of your choice generic no wax car wash AND use separate chamois for cleaning and then drying. DO NOT USE A SPONGE OR fluffy mit !!!. After cleaning and rinsing, start the drying process by removing any high pressure nozzle you have on the hose and turning down the water flow a bit. Start on the roof and then let the water flow naturally off the car using the sheeting action of the water to take off as much water drips as possible. Use the second chamois to get as much water off as possible, wringing out OFTEN . Then use the softest towel you can find to finish the drying process.

The best wax I have found that really works EXTREMELY well on a black car is Zymol polishing cleaner. I use it as advised on the bottle ... work in small areas at a time and when done, go over the car again with a misting bottle of distilled water to "set' the wax. No swirls, very deep wax finish, lasts through several washings. It looks PHENOMINAL:eek: ... as good or better than almost any other car I see out there on the road ... and I live in So Cal. ... the land of shiny detailed cars.

If you have a bit of wax build up that causes hazing during the drying process, use Meguiars Deep Crystal System #1 Paint Cleaner. This does a truely amazing but safe job of removing grundge before waxing. This stuff works. I use it once or twice a year.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-02, 05:21 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

hey erick, i met u a LONG time ago at one of the MIR meets.. dont know if u remember me.. but anyways. i SHOULD be at the MIR meet on the 9th so if u r there u can feel the paint and see if u liek the zaino feel. i zainoed my car.. 3 weeks ago with 2 coats.. and 4 coats last year. anyways. hope to see u there. and mayeb we can get a little LEXUS crew there! i remember that one time it was only u and an IS3.

Tony