Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

**help please burping coolant issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-09, 12:18 AM
VIPFAMILY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankfully hasnt done any of that.... i'm still dumbfounded that I need to refill a pretty good amount... if I go on a long trip its almost empty .... tried the bleeding method well see ....guess I have to get use to once a week refill
Old 06-05-09, 06:01 PM
VIPFAMILY
Rookie

To bring back a dead thread IM PISSED I was right I'm pretty sure the dealership didn't check. I just opened my overflow tank and little blackish dots everywhere aka oil in the coolant.

So pissed I asked them to check for it and now it's worse I cant afford over $2000.00 to fix this. I wish they would have listened that looked at me like I was crazy when I said it. Is there anything I can do to get them to fix it or some type of compensation?
Old 06-05-09, 06:17 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPFAMILY
To bring back a dead thread IM PISSED I was right I'm pretty sure the dealership didn't check. I just opened my overflow tank and little blackish dots everywhere aka oil in the coolant.

So pissed I asked them to check for it and now it's worse I cant afford over $2000.00 to fix this. I wish they would have listened that looked at me like I was crazy when I said it. Is there anything I can do to get them to fix it or some type of compensation?
Unfortunately there is nothing they will do. Honestly, they didn't break the car. You might be able to get some money back if you paid for any diagnosis, as they obviously didn't do a good job at troubleshooting. Might even get the money back for the thermostat if they did that as well. Don't count on it though...
Old 06-06-09, 10:09 PM
GEORGE_JET
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Unfortunately there is nothing they will do. Honestly, they didn't break the car. You might be able to get some money back if you paid for any diagnosis, as they obviously didn't do a good job at troubleshooting. Might even get the money back for the thermostat if they did that as well. Don't count on it though...
I agree, it sounds like the rad might possibly been clogged, which was the initial cause of the overheating, and that may have damaged the headgasket. I notice the inital post was back in feb, have you been driving the car regularly? And has it been gradually been getting worse? If you have been long time customer of the dealership, you could talk to the service manager and tell him your concerns. If you keep your cool, and talk to him on a professional level, it is possible that they will cut you a brake. They did not cause the problem you are having, but it apprears that they could certainly have done a better job with the diagnostics.