Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lubro Moly oil & engine flush

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 09:20 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Lubro Moly oil & engine flush

So after talking to my brother's mechanic, he tells me of this oil imported from Germany called Lubro Moly, this is the only oil on the market that's not recycled and 100% new so it's nice and bad for the enviorment(probably why it's not here in the US) but anyways! I switched to Lubro Moly 5W-40 synthetic and the car does run stronger believe it or not! before I did this, I did an engine flush with Liqu Moly(same brand of course) and the thing runs liek a million frosties! also did an injector cleaner/lube. I dunno where you order the stuff from but I got it fromt he mechanic, honestly try this stuff if you come across it! I give it
Old 01-26-06, 10:34 PM
TTEHarrier
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried Lubro Moly 5W40 Voll-Synthese and it was good!

Last edited by TTEHarrier; 01-27-06 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-27-06, 07:52 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Liqui Moly is the one I have heard of and it looks similar to the one below. My friend with an RX-7 uses 10W-60 of that German stuff and loves it. Yes, Liqui Moly engine flush is fantastic and cleans virtually everything out. Only stuff better is Auto-RX.
Old 01-28-06, 05:11 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Liqui Moly is the one I have heard of and it looks similar to the one below. My friend with an RX-7 uses 10W-60 of that German stuff and loves it. Yes, Liqui Moly engine flush is fantastic and cleans virtually everything out. Only stuff better is Auto-RX.
my friend used Auto-RX on his SC300 and he had more problems after using it
Old 01-29-06, 12:54 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
my friend used Auto-RX on his SC300 and he had more problems after using it
I know of at least one person who had issues with it, but everyone else including me had great success with it.

One other good LiquiMoly product that I have used in the oil is Ceratec.
Old 01-29-06, 04:43 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

There are several posts on bobistheoilguy about LubroMoly.

I like Seafoam & Marvel Mystery Oil. Hell I'd rather flush with Kerosene than Auto-RX. it works better, but that's just me. Auto-RX is only popular because the owner/maker hovers on Bobsistheoilguy.com forums pimping his stuff at every turn.
Old 01-30-06, 10:45 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lubro moly used to be the OEM oil used in mercedes/bmw when they came out of the factory, but due to the prices of lubro moly, the german car makers now use castrol syntec instead.

i have used lubro moly jectron and valve cleaner. it works better than any techron or gumout product out there in local auto parts stores.

my buddy of mine uses lubro moly synthetic in his gs4 and it runs very smooth and powerful. i'm thinking of switching over to synthetic as well, but the lubro moly just costs more, compared to mobil1 or castrol syntec.

something that would be interesting, lubro moly vs. amsoil comparison.
Old 01-30-06, 04:44 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Pheonix
There are several posts on bobistheoilguy about LubroMoly.

I like Seafoam & Marvel Mystery Oil. Hell I'd rather flush with Kerosene than Auto-RX. it works better, but that's just me. Auto-RX is only popular because the owner/maker hovers on Bobsistheoilguy.com forums pimping his stuff at every turn.
Kerosene is the weapon of choice with my uncle at his garage here in Mexico City. We see a lot of sludge cases. Seafoam and Marvel Mystery Oil are also great products. You are right about Bobistheoilguy.com. The use of the ClubLexus search tool AND that site should be required before asking fluid questions.
Old 02-03-06, 07:03 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Amsoil is the best bar none. I've tried every brand under the sun, and Amsoil stayed cleaner and performed better than the rest.
Old 02-03-06, 05:57 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Amsoil is the best bar none. I've tried every brand under the sun, and Amsoil stayed cleaner and performed better than the rest.
I have used Amsoil's fuel injector cleaner and then I gave another bottle to my friend with and RX-7 and whose wife had a Murano. Big improvement that stuff. Now I am stuck with using Restore and Techron as there is no Amsoil dealer in Mexico City and last time I had some liquids sent they must have gotten confiscated.