Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

finally did it jump to synthetic oil

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-05, 08:58 PM
PitBull
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaidman
ive never used syn. today for some reason i descided to pull my oil pan off. with and to my amaze. there was very min dammage to piston side walls. i do oil changes 3months or 3k miles. from what ive seen from going with syn. they form a substance like graphite. i dare for some1 to take this test.
use conventional(sp?) oil. put a magnet on the bottom of the pan at ur oil change pull off the pan and look at the residue tell me what u find

do the same with syn. u will see a difference
Koolaidman, that's a great name. You pulled your oil pan off for no reason and you were able to look up into your engine block and determine that you had damage to the piston side walls. WOW that is far out. I think I will start using synthetic oil right now based on your post. Thanks man for the heads up. Keep drinkin the Koolaid I will too

PS- how have you been servicing your transmission? What ATF do you use? Could you pull your transmission pan and see how it's doing? While your down there could you also check your muffler bearing? I've been worrying about mine, starting to make noise and I just serviced them 10K miles ago and used synthetic bearing grease. Thanks man for the heads up

Last edited by PitBull; 07-14-05 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-14-05, 09:20 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PitBull
Koolaidman, that's a great name. You pulled your oil pan off for no reason and you were able to look up into your engine block and determine that you had damage to the piston side walls. WOW that is far out. I think I will start using synthetic oil right now based on your post. Thanks man for the heads up. Keep drinkin the Koolaid I will too

PS- how have you been servicing your transmission? What ATF do you use? Could you pull your transmission pan and see how it's doing? While your down there could you also check your muffler bearing? I've been worrying about mine, starting to make noise and I just serviced them 10K miles ago and used synthetic bearing grease. Thanks man for the heads up
oil pan is nothing. takes 3 min to take off and another 5 min to put back on.
funny u should ask bout muffler bearing...i do recall a benz with mufler bearing. personally i think u have a lose nut behind the wheel
Old 07-15-05, 06:25 AM
PitBull
Pole Position

Originally Posted by koolaidman
oil pan is nothing. takes 3 min to take off and another 5 min to put back on.
funny u should ask bout muffler bearing...i do recall a benz with mufler bearing. personally i think u have a lose nut behind the wheel
Thanks for the laugh, you made my day a little brighter
Old 07-15-05, 06:29 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

LOL pit, I think he missed your sarcasm?