Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Tried to cancel my GS deposit at Southbay lexus and salesman cursed at me

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 11:46 AM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tried to cancel my GS deposit at Southbay lexus and salesman cursed at me

Isn't lexus supposed to have good customer service? Anyways, avoid southbay lexus like the plauge...below is my complaint.

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is frebay, and I put down a 500 deposit at South Bay Lexus last month with Ed Martin stating that I wanted 1) Glacier Forest o 2) Flint Mica. Another dealership called me today, and told me that my first choice was available, so I called Ed and left him a voicemail. He called me back, and on my cell phone, but I was busy so I called him back 5 minutes later. Once I talked to him, telling him I wanted my deposit back he told me that was bull***** and raised his voice at me. He then stated that he went out of his way to allocated this vehicle for me. I told him that it was completely disrespectful for him to curse at a client/customer like that, then he DENIED that he cursed at me. I then proceeded to tell him that my law firm records all phone conversations, and we can easily reply the conversation. Only then did he apologize to me. THIS IS COMPLETELY ridiculous that a reputable car company treat me this way, and I expect someone to call me back immediately w/ respect to this matter. Please also note I am going to post this situation at various Lexus forums telling people not to go to your dealership.

Last edited by frebay; 02-17-05 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-15-05, 11:48 AM
LexFather

This was moved here b/c this is where we put complaints.
1. Try to resolves with saleman.
2. Move up to salemanager.
3. Move up to GM

If nothing happens, contact Lexus corporate.
Old 02-15-05, 11:53 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is unfortunate. I hate to say it, but I think Lexus has good service, but not like it used to be. I think they are living on their past name now. Not only am I hearing a lot of bad stories here and there a lot lately, but I personally had to completey put half my rear enterior trim back together correclty in my RX330 after the dealer did a recall work on my rear hatch actuator. I need to go back to them because I am missing some screw cover caps as well. Anyway, sorry for your unfortunatel experience.
Old 02-15-05, 12:20 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man! This is fun! Shark vs. Hyena (Lawyer vs. Car salesman)

Just forward a copy of the phone recording to the Sales Manager to have him fired.

You might see him working at Acura the next day though.
Old 02-15-05, 01:03 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
That is unfortunate. I hate to say it, but I think Lexus has good service, but not like it used to be. I think they are living on their past name now. Not only am I hearing a lot of bad stories here and there a lot lately, but I personally had to completey put half my rear enterior trim back together correclty in my RX330 after the dealer did a recall work on my rear hatch actuator. I need to go back to them because I am missing some screw cover caps as well. Anyway, sorry for your unfortunatel experience.
Yeah, whenever a company gets big an famous, the less they pay attention to customer satisfaction. Because at a certain point in time of the business boom, if you dont buy thier car, someone else will. Truely sad.
Old 02-15-05, 02:27 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

This is unfortunate but I am not suprised. Lexus overall has better customer service but there are plenty of Lexus salesmen who act like obnoxious axxholes. I personally have encountered a few (i.e. Pohonka Lexus in northern VA). I would demand an appropriate apology from his manager. Otherwise take it to Lexus Customer service and get his axx fired.
Old 02-15-05, 07:27 PM
gs4rocks
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A sales woman at the same Pohanka told me she regret selling me the car when I went back the next day to talk about steering wheel vibration. Pohanka is the worst dealer I have ever encountered in my life time. My car was damaged 4 times in the service dept last year. Check your car carefully if anyone happened to take the car there!
Old 02-15-05, 09:26 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Salesman angry at loss of income

Since this is a piling on situation i'm siding with Frebay yet I also understand how Ed must have felt. He probably has a family to feed etc. I'm enjoying the ragging on Pohanka as they are one of my competitors. I'm also happy for Elizabeth. Did you see the scene in Analyse This 2 when Robert DeNiro gets a job as an Audi salesman? Now that was funny.

Last edited by Rockville; 02-15-05 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-16-05, 09:01 PM
frebay
Pole Position

i don't understand why he could be upset, these cars are going to sell like hotcakes, and he can easily find someone else. i just called the nearest dealership and gave them my CC over the phone. he had it easy IF i were to purchase from him. regardless, it's all besides the point...it's the principle of the fact that you don't cuss at clients/customers. bottomline.
Old 02-16-05, 10:08 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Not all Lexus sell like hot cake. The GS400, LX470, and IS300 are slow movers.

Some people are just naturally rude. These people don't get ahead in life. Don't reduce yourself to his level. Don't get mad, get even.
Old 02-16-05, 11:07 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't believe that happened frebay. in the past ive noticed that the bmw salesmen where i live are pretty rude. my dad went to different dealerships and just went back to lexus and my cousin decided on audi cuz the bmw service was so bad. arrogant salesmen act like they don't even want to sell cars. don't even care to give u a test drive and act like if u don't buy there will be plenty others that will
Old 02-17-05, 08:48 AM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Unfortunately for BMW, that's out of necessity.

A friend of mine is a sales manager at BMW. He often get groups of young punk boys coming to the showroom. They just want a joy ride. Then they take out the bimmer and abuse it, with the salesperson inside. So he instructs his salespeople not to give out test drive unless he personally approves - usually to sophisticated-looking people over 30. Many salespeople end up ignoring the youngsters as a result.

So if you are in your 20s and seriously want to test drive a bimmer, dress appropriately and act maturely.

Back to Lexus, when my fiancee and I were shopping around for an RX, we noticed that we get royal treatment in our nice clothes when we went right after work. When we visited dealerships on weekends in our jeans, nobody gave us a *****.

Last edited by HarrierAWD; 02-17-05 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-17-05, 09:17 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by HarrierAWD

Back to Lexus, when my fiancee and I were shopping around for an RX, we noticed that we get royal treatment in our nice clothes when we went right after work. When we visited dealerships on weekends in our jeans, nobody gave us a *****.
I've experienced the same thing at a few other Lexus dealerships. But this really never happened to me at Longo.
Old 02-17-05, 09:44 AM
Lvangundy

I don't like the South Bay Lexus sales people, most of them act like *****. You can't have a chat and talk about a car unless they hear you say "I'm thiking of purchasing.." or something along that subject. They act like they've got more important things to do - jeez, relax!. I'd like to go on, but I could write too much on the subject. Sharks!

The maintenace/parts scheduling people are friendly on the other hand.
Old 02-17-05, 12:02 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HarrierAWD
Not all Lexus sell like hot cake. The GS400, LX470, and IS300 are slow movers.

Some people are just naturally rude. These people don't get ahead in life. Don't reduce yourself to his level. Don't get mad, get even.

I meant the new GS will sell like hotcakes....anyways here's the response from the general manager...

Frebay, I returned your telephone call this afternoon when I returned from a meeting. I left a voice mail message.
I discussed the incident with Mr. Martin and he apologized for his actions, which certainly are not in keeping with South Bay Lexus' policies. No matter what is said, "in the heat of the moment," or " the competitiveness of sales people," there is no excuse for using foul language in a business setting.
On behalf of South Bay Lexus, I apologize and will expedite your refund. I would hope that your future experience with Lexus is commensurate with the Lexus image. If there is anything I can do to re-enforce that image, please contact me.
Bob Wills
General Manager
310-325-9999

If there is anything I can do to re-enforce that image, please contact me. what kind of goodies, do you think i can ask for?

Quick Reply: Tried to cancel my GS deposit at Southbay lexus and salesman cursed at me