LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Next generation lx 570 or buy now ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-19, 05:04 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Next generation lx 570 or buy now ?

Hi there. I was just wondering if anybody knows when the next generation lx 570 is coming out and what kind of changes might accompany it when it does. For example I am hearing the rumor of a hybrid lx 570 and a lx 570 v-6 twin turbo with around 500 hp ?

just wondering what anybody else has heard and whether you think it is worth waiting for ?
Old 03-31-19, 06:18 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

"2020 Land Cruiser Heritage Edition" (no real changes)

https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/landcruiser/

I know it's the LC, but that indicates another model year of no changes.

Last edited by Chocolate; 03-31-19 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-31-19, 07:12 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Many forums exists with rollout sequences. The 300 Platform rollout will coincide with the Tundra Redesign coming for MY21. So expect rollout schedule for Summer and Fall 2020. unOfficial of course.

In regards to the powertrain the world is expected. New engines are on the horizon, V8s are being replaced by v6 TTs, and hybridization was supposedly being considered
Old 03-31-19, 07:36 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Many forums exists with rollout sequences. The 300 Platform rollout will coincide with the Tundra Redesign coming for MY21. So expect rollout schedule for Summer and Fall 2020. unOfficial of course.

In regards to the powertrain the world is expected. New engines are on the horizon, V8s are being replaced by v6 TTs, and hybridization was supposedly being considered
Thank you.
Old 04-01-19, 06:14 AM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

If you wait another year for the 4th generation LX, there's no telling what the tariff situation will do to the price. One thing for sure is that the price will only go higher, the question is how much.

I would consider jumping on a 2020 Mercedes GLE right now. The redesign has third row seating, if that's a necessity for you. And there's a chance that the AMG version with 577 horsepower might cost now what the fourth generation Lexus LX will cost when it is finally introduced.

I know that this isn't an answer for your question if you are stuck on staying with the Lexus brand. So for that question, I'd wait another year or more and buy the fourth generation LX. I bought a second generation LX the last year of the 2nd generation run, and I regretted it every time I saw a 3rd generation model on the road. I finally bought a 3rd generation LX in mid-run, and it only reinforced my regret for not waiting a year for the newer design. The improved performance engine alone would have been worh the wait.

I was in a bind at the time I bought the last production year 2nd generation LX, though, as my previous Lexus had been totaled and I needed a replacement right away to tow my horse trailer.

Last edited by Reggie1; 04-01-19 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-02-19, 07:53 AM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Reggie1
If you wait another year for the 4th generation LX, there's no telling what the tariff situation will do to the price. One thing for sure is that the price will only go higher, the question is how much.

I would consider jumping on a 2020 Mercedes GLE right now. The redesign has third row seating, if that's a necessity for you. And there's a chance that the AMG version with 577 horsepower might cost now what the fourth generation Lexus LX will cost when it is finally introduced.

I know that this isn't an answer for your question if you are stuck on staying with the Lexus brand. So for that question, I'd wait another year or more and buy the fourth generation LX. I bought a second generation LX the last year of the 2nd generation run, and I regretted it every time I saw a 3rd generation model on the road. I finally bought a 3rd generation LX in mid-run, and it only reinforced my regret for not waiting a year for the newer design. The improved performance engine alone would have been worh the wait.

Thank You. Some excellent info.

I was in a bind at the time I bought the last production year 2nd generation LX, though, as my previous Lexus had been totaled and I needed a replacement right away to tow my horse trailer.
I am really torn because I really like the LX 570, although it really lacks some of the newer updated tech of todays vehicles, and it depreciates terribly. That being said I have a feeling the next GEN LX 570 will start arriving at dealers in the fall of 2020. Although I have always been told to wait until midlife cycle of any NEW GENERATION vehicle before buying, which in the case of the LX 570 would be 2025. So maybe buy a lightly used 2018 now and keep it until 2025 ?
Old 04-02-19, 10:39 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I always believe the last cycles are the best ones, the LX470 in the 06-07 were the best buys; they still demand a premium. In fact they are very very hard to find even right now I had one sold to get into a brand new 08 / redesigned one. I regretted selling that 470 after 2 weeks later because I felt the older ones were more solid built wise. Then bought a 2018 end of last year, but in my mind ..I know the new ones are around the corner but I know the current ones are tested and would easily last next 10 years and then I can pick one the last cycles of the 2020+ ones.

The current ones have pretty much all you need from a tech standpoint. I just test drove a Bmw x7 and that was very nice too, from a tech standpoint it makes the Lexus looks ancient..but would I pick a x7 over the 570 nope. The funny is almost all the bow sales guys came out to check the Lx570 and commented how nice it is. We had it parked next to the x7 I was test driving..

Another big thing is the MPG improvement which I think is one of the biggest con with the current Gen, everything else are in 20s these days but then we might lose the robust v8 to a turbo 6 cylinder.

Originally Posted by Reggie1

Old 04-02-19, 11:23 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

While I agree that the last MY of a generation will yield the most solid version, the generational changes on the LX series has been huge. If you have waited this long, might as well eh. However seeing how the LX holds its value quite well, has the the basic set of semi-auto features you wont be in a terrible place if you pick up one on lease right now or even purchase.
Old 04-02-19, 01:51 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
The current ones have pretty much all you need from a tech standpoint. I just test drove a Bmw x7 and that was very nice too, from a tech standpoint it makes the Lexus looks ancient..but would I pick a x7 over the 570 nope. The funny is almost all the bow sales guys came out to check the Lx570 and commented how nice it is. We had it parked next to the x7 I was test driving..

Another big thing is the MPG improvement which I think is one of the biggest con with the current Gen, everything else are in 20s these days but then we might lose the robust v8 to a turbo 6 cylinder.
Not sure I see the advantage of "BMW tech"...Probably since I didn't pick a truck that goes well off the beaten path based on tech features, nor for that matter gas mileage. They don't even come close to what a 200 series can do. Yet another attempt at comparing to very different machines.
Old 04-02-19, 04:07 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
Not sure I see the advantage of "BMW tech"...Probably since I didn't pick a truck that goes well off the beaten path based on tech features, nor for that matter gas mileage. They don't even come close to what a 200 series can do. Yet another attempt at comparing to very different machines.
i somewhat disagree with the above. Technology is leading the way in everything we do from banking to shopping. Those vehicles with dated technology will be left in the dust. Time for Lexus to upgrade to at least Apple Car Play in the LX. I see a lot of soccer moms driving the LX here in MA, I am not sure they care about off-road capabilities.
Old 04-02-19, 08:04 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

the whole point was that while the new suvs have the newer and cooler features which the current gen does not have ; which would likely be available in the redesigned series its not enough to be discouraged from the current gen.
Originally Posted by hankinid
Old 04-02-19, 08:10 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

I think the sweet spot would be again after 5 -6 years in while the newer ones are tested and all the little quirks worked on. The redesigned are would be a lot lets see what lexus has in its toolbox that can give us some hints. Either way these cars are awesome and the they hold their value very very good. The LS460 I have almost cost as much as the LX and now its probably worth about half of the lx commands similar mileage and year. I am not even comparing other SUVS like Range rovers to GL, which all have terrible resale.
While I agree that the last MY of a generation will yield the most solid version, the generational changes on the LX series has been huge. If you have waited this long, might as well eh. However seeing how the LX holds its value quite well, has the the basic set of semi-auto features you wont be in a terrible place if you pick up one on lease right now or even purchase.
Old 04-02-19, 09:21 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
the whole point was that while the new suvs have the newer and cooler features which the current gen does not have ; which would likely be available in the redesigned series its not enough to be discouraged from the current gen.
When I think of "newer and cooler" features, I seem to go back to...

Last edited by hankinid; 04-02-19 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-03-19, 12:20 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Just saw an article floating around with pictures of an updated sketchup. Imagine RX mated with an LX. In bold lettering

TGNA-F, TTV6, and Hybrid.

Post em if you find em.
Old 04-03-19, 02:05 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

just saw an article floating around with pictures of an updated sketchup. Imagine rx mated with an lx. In bold lettering

tgna-f, ttv6, and hybrid.

Post em if you find em.
twin turbo v-6 ? And hybrid ?

If you are saying a cross between a rx 350 and lx 570, sounds ugly to me ?

Quick Reply: Next generation lx 570 or buy now ?