Next generation lx 570 or buy now ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-19, 04:08 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
twin turbo v-6 ? And hybrid ?

If you are saying a cross between a rx 350 and lx 570, sounds ugly to me ?
Its a mockup I assume, but in that mockup expect some features to be correct. Those platform and motor options are also listed in big bold lettering.
Old 04-03-19, 04:39 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Its a mockup I assume, but in that mockup expect some features to be correct. Those platform and motor options are also listed in big bold lettering.
the engine choices do not bother me at all. A twin turbo v-6 is a great engine. The thought of the LX changing it's physical appearance that much bothers me. I think the LX looks great now.

Have you seen the actual pictures. Do you like it ?
Old 04-07-19, 01:54 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,562 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Just saw an article floating around with pictures of an updated sketchup. Imagine RX mated with an LX. In bold lettering

TGNA-F, TTV6, and Hybrid.

Post em if you find em.
View this post on Instagram

Last edited by Acrad; 04-26-19 at 05:26 AM.
Old 04-07-19, 02:10 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
Thank you for the picture.

If this is the next generation LX 570, I really like what it is going to look like !
Old 04-08-19, 05:20 AM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very interested to see how will the LX look inside. Back of the car looks almost exactly new Rav 4
Old 04-08-19, 06:45 AM
z32
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

Toyota / Lexus has a tendency to 'wait' rather than pushing out new technologies like its competitors. yes new techs are nice and cool to have, but Toyota / Lexus focus on 'if it's working nicely why replace' and they want their reliability name to stay unlike others like the BMW / Mercedes / Audi / Land Rover which have nice tech but how reliable are their vehicles after say 4 years? I personally want a reliable vehicle with 'ok' technologies which I enjoy very much in my MY!5. Everytime I see my truck, everytime I sit it it, I felt happy and I enjoy driving it alot. The X7 / Range Rover look nice (design wise) and has new technologies, but I worry alot the reliability of these trucks. Hence I am sticking with my LX for now.
Old 04-08-19, 04:49 PM
xfea
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

You should get something pre-70's - you'll be able to tool around after the EMP attack kills off the rest of us.
I assume you have your bunker well stocked.
Old 04-08-19, 09:06 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by xfea
You should get something pre-70's - you'll be able to tool around after the EMP attack kills off the rest of us.
I assume you have your bunker well stocked.
I have a good friend who's the "go-to" guy when an MB dealer can't figure out the problem, let alone the regional tech guy.

He keeps VERY busy.
Old 04-12-19, 06:30 PM
ERC4
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi there. I was just wondering if anybody knows when the next generation lx 570 is coming out and what kind of changes might accompany it when it does. For example I am hearing the rumor of a hybrid lx 570 and a lx 570 v-6 twin turbo with around 500 hp ?

just wondering what anybody else has heard and whether you think it is worth waiting for ?
I wouldn't get either one. I've owned a 2010 (sold) and still own both a 2013 and a 2017. I bought the 2017 new because it was a great deal at $78,000 but I really regret the purchase. It is missing tech and luxury features that have been common on mainstream luxury vehicles like BMW and Mercedes for years. And the infotainment system is, as many magazines have reported, the worst in the industry. It'll drive you crazy. It just adds up to a number of items that beg the daily question "Did anyone at Lexus ever actually drive this thing?" The capper is the recall re the front passenger seat. It hit the internet somewhere around December 8th. Lexus didn't even get around to mailing letters to owners till mid-February. It's now mid-April and they still have no clue what they're going to do. This on a vehicle that runs around 100k. I'd look elsewhere.
Old 04-13-19, 05:18 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

^^^^ I agree, at this point just wait and see what the next generation brings as official news should be out later this year. I don’t understand why Lexus/Toyota is so slow to adopt Apple Car Play. A lot of buyers are purchasing vehicles based on technology and manufacturers need to keep pace or potentially lose sales. I would take a current generation LX as is, if it had Apple Car Play.
Old 04-13-19, 10:22 AM
xfea
Intermediate

Hi there. I was just wondering if anybody knows when the next generation lx 570 is coming out and what kind of changes might accompany it when it does. For example I am hearing the rumor of a hybrid lx 570 and a lx 570 v-6 twin turbo with around 500 hp ?

just wondering what anybody else has heard and whether you think it is worth waiting for ?
Big time LEXUS Fan here (about a dozen over the years) - current 2018 LX, previous 2015 LX.

As much as I love the total experience, it is an ancient vehicle.

(Just look where we are posting 2008-present!!!)

Having spent the better part of two days in a new BMW X7 xDrive50i with ALL the goodies, going back to my '18 LX is clearly turning the clock back in technology and ride quality.

The BMW is light years ahead in ride dynamics / tech / etc.

Maybe time to switch ;-(
Old 04-13-19, 03:18 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Thumbs down

Big time LEXUS Fan here (about a dozen over the years) - current 2018 LX, previous 2015 LX.

As much as I love the total experience, it is an ancient vehicle.

(Just look where we are posting 2008-present!!!)

Having spent the better part of two days in a new BMW X7 xDrive50i with ALL the goodies, going back to my '18 LX is clearly turning the clock back in technology and ride quality.

The BMW is light years ahead in ride dynamics / tech / etc.

Maybe time to switch ;-(
I think that would depend upon where you want to drive the vehicle. On an unpaved road BMW, RR, and Acura won't keep up with my 200...and the majority of the time I'm not tryin' that hard.

Nor can I keep anything from the "competition" for 10 years and a quarter million miles, easily.

Once again, there's nothing like a 200. We're back to apples and oranges.
Old 04-13-19, 03:38 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
I think that would depend upon where you want to drive the vehicle. On an unpaved road BMW, RR, and Acura won't keep up with my 200...and the majority of the time I'm not tryin' that hard.

Nor can I keep anything from the "competition" for 10 years and a quarter million miles, easily.

i agree with you 100%. The problem is most consumers don’t keep their vehicles that long, nor do they do any off roading.

For someone that takes their vehicles off pavement then the LC/LX simply can’t be beat. For the rest a great riding SUV will suffice, like those mentioned above. At least there are options for off road vs pavement queen.
Old 04-13-19, 03:39 PM
xfea
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hankinid

You're the one comparing apples and oranges.
The Original Post is now 2019 or the future 2020+
Your "insight" is off topic and not relevant . . .

I appreciate that not not everyone here can afford a new vehicle....
And that there are others that are technophobes or Vandals / Luddites by nature.

But to bring it back on topic - the ride dynamics of the BMW X7 xDrive50 are impressively splendid.
Old 04-13-19, 07:18 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

But to bring it back on topic - the ride dynamics of the BMW X7 xDrive50 are impressively splendid.
Are the ride dynamics impressively splendid off-road?

Quick Reply: Next generation lx 570 or buy now ?