LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2019 two row

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-19, 03:04 PM
JennK
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2019 two row

Hello everyone! I am considering buying the 2 row LX, for those of you who own one, are you happy with it? I understand there is no ML or HUD options available. I only need the 2 row. I currently own an RC 350 F sport without the ML and am happy with the stock stereo. I am moving back to an SUV and love the LX! Thanks for the input!
Old 03-14-19, 06:22 PM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

I have minimal input for you. I can only say that I have NEVER had a passenger in my third row in the 6 years with my current LX. I do miss the cargo space the useless (to me) seats occupy, even folded up.

I do have a question. I went to the Lexus build site and built both configurations just to compare them, but there were no interior pictures other than the front seats.. Is the second row seat (position, functions, and such, the same in both 2-row and 3-row versions?

There is a pretty hefty price difference just to get 3rd row seats. The only thing missing in the 2-row that I noted was the cooler box; premium sound system, and head-up display options. Is there more? Also, Lexus dealers tend to order fully optioned vehicles. Will a 2-row be hard to find?
Old 03-14-19, 07:13 PM
JennK
Rookie

Well, my dealer has them loaded with 21’s, luxury package, they have a few in stock. The one I am interested in is nebula with black leather. Only thing missing for me is the ML. I am not sure if the cooler box is included in the luxury package. I know the heated/vent seats in the second row are there as well as the heated steering wheel. I want black or Cabernet interior. Color could be the gray, white, atomic. I am not entirely sure I am going to buy it. I don’t know when the best deals are. Lexus has 4000 cash now as well as 1.9 interest. I had a loaded three row for an overnight test drive. Nice, but I have no need the extra seats or the DVD’s! My kids have four legs! The MSRP on this is 89500. If I wanted to buy it, the price would have to be around 75-78. I am also concerned they will announce the next gen as soon as I buy. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-14-19, 07:44 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie1
I have minimal input for you. I can only say that I have NEVER had a passenger in my third row in the 6 years with my current LX. I do miss the cargo space the useless (to me) seats occupy, even folded up.

I do have a question. I went to the Lexus build site and built both configurations just to compare them, but there were no interior pictures other than the front seats.. Is the second row seat (position, functions, and such, the same in both 2-row and 3-row versions?

There is a pretty hefty price difference just to get 3rd row seats. The only thing missing in the 2-row that I noted was the cooler box; premium sound system, and head-up display options. Is there more? Also, Lexus dealers tend to order fully optioned vehicles. Will a 2-row be hard to find?
My 3rd row seating on both the LX and Land Cruiser lasted until I arrived home from the sellers. Both sets now live indoors.

2nd row seating is in the same position as the 3-row trucks. We can live without premium sound systems. We're definitely used to the cooler, but something like a Playmate sits comfortably behind the front passenger seat. With or without a cooler, the cooler tray (amazon or bay) helps with storage.

"Hard to find" is relative, though I'd be prepared to fly out and drive one home, or pay to have it transported. Try a large dealer, like Sewell in Dallas.

Originally Posted by JennK
Well, my dealer has them loaded with 21’s, luxury package, they have a few in stock. The one I am interested in is nebula with black leather. Only thing missing for me is the ML. I am not sure if the cooler box is included in the luxury package. I know the heated/vent seats in the second row are there as well as the heated steering wheel. I want black or Cabernet interior. Color could be the gray, white, atomic. I am not entirely sure I am going to buy it. I don’t know when the best deals are. Lexus has 4000 cash now as well as 1.9 interest. I had a loaded three row for an overnight test drive. Nice, but I have no need the extra seats or the DVD’s! My kids have four legs! The MSRP on this is 89500. If I wanted to buy it, the price would have to be around 75-78. I am also concerned they will announce the next gen as soon as I buy. Thanks for your input.

Two things...

I don't know if the cooler comes with the luxury package but you should be able to go to lexus.com and find out.

No one knows when Toyota will announce the 300 series. The announcement will fire up buyers who must have the latest, whether or not there's enough anecdotal experience to show reliability with a brand new twin turbo motor. I'm in the group that thinks there's no substitute for cubic inches, especially when towing. I'm also in the group that normally buys 2-3 year old trucks and let others eat some depreciation. I might be interested in the new ones in a year or 3.
Old 03-15-19, 06:24 AM
Reggie1
Intermediate

I see you're in SC. My Lexus dealer has 2 locations - Columbia SC and Augusta GA - and I'd be absolutely amazed to get a deal like you are hoping for from them. That said, I'm on my fifth Lexus from them, and they are well aware that I'm not a fierce deal-maker. For me, I buy Lexi from this dealer because of the service. They aren't perfect, but are head and shoulders above my local GM, Porsche-Audi, BMW, and Mercedes sellers (those are the ones I have personal experience with). Mercedes service was so poor we traded in a 2 year old one with just 13,000 miles on a new Lexus.

On the LX I had to wait a while to get one with black interior. Horses and a farm and a light interior just don't work well together. I learned that lesson from my previous LX with a parchment interior. The dealer had several LX's with light interiors on the lot ready to go and had to search and wait for one with black. I have hay bales, feed sacks, and manure buckets in the back regularly. The tailgate makes a decent workbench for cutting fence boards. And Weathertech floor liners are a must-have. I essentially use the LX like some folks use their Kawasaki Mules or John Deere Gators. About the only thing it won't do is fit through a 4-foot fence gate. Plus it doubles as a daily driver, so no filling and storing gas containers at the barn.

One thing not mentioned yet is re-sale or trade-in value. I'm unsure whether lack of the third row seats will have a negative impactfor for you when the time comes. My feeling is that the front in savings will offset any loss, if any, at the back end, but who can really know?

I moved from GA across the state line to SC several years ago. The LX is an expensive vehicle to own. However, in Georgia, you pay state sales tax once, and then at tag renewal time there is no property assessment tax of the vehicle, ,just a small fee for the license plate decal. In SC, unfortunalely, there is sales tax at the beginning, followed by property tax every year. That is double taxation, and is why Georgia changed their state law. My prediction is that your annual tag renewal in SC will be more than double what you're paying for your current Lexus tag renewal. And the first year you will be hit twice - once by the state sales tax, and then again on your birth month when the tag renewal comes up. You can mitigate the shock by planning the purchase as many months before your birth month as possible. In other words, don't take delivery of the LX the month before your birthday, or you'll have back-to-back tax payments.

Personally, I'd avoid the 21 inch wheels if possible, But that's a personal decision. For me, it would be the lack of suitable replacement tires for that wheel choice.

Last edited by Reggie1; 03-15-19 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-15-19, 08:04 AM
2010LX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local dealer looked into the ML Sound availability for the 2 row and said it is an available option when the vehicles is ordered- although it is not listed as such on the Build website. Hope this helps your decision.
Old 03-15-19, 08:08 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010LX
My local dealer looked into the ML Sound availability for the 2 row and said it is an available option when the vehicles is ordered- although it is not listed as such on the Build website. Hope this helps your decision.
i agree, would be a special order. I inquired from two dealers about special ordering a 2-row with ML and both dealers said they would do it but they do not discount special orders. No thanks then........
Old 03-15-19, 02:14 PM
peasept
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my 4th LX since 1999 exactly a year ago.

I bought a 2018 2 row, white with parchment interior. At that time I paid $75,xxx for an $87,xxx sticker priced truck. I believe there was $3000 cash back at that time.

I know there are a few more options on the 2019’s as mine had no options.

Pros of the 2 row (in my opinion): standard roof rack, 20” wheels and tires with Michelin Latitude tires instead of the inferior and much more expensive Bridgestones, more storage room

Cons: the standard stereo is vastly inferior to the ML’s that I had in my 2004 & 2009 and the Nakamichi in my 1999, no heated seats in 2nd row and no cooled front seats (perhaps that’s changed for 2019), and finally I believe they released the 2 row with less attention to detail in changing the interior panels in the 3rd section to make them specific for the 2 row. Namely the are mounting points in the panels for seats that don’t exist, etc. I think that’s sloppy for a $90k car, but perhaps unnoticeable for an owner that doesn’t have my 20 year history with the car.

With respect to depreciation, I have no concerns as I traded each of my previous 3 to the dealer and always got a decent value. For example when I traded my 2009 with 125,000 miles that needed an expensive 120k service, new brakes and new tires, I got $25,000 as a trade.

Despite my minor disappointments (above) I obviously love the car as I’ve owned one for the last 20 years. Reliability has been outstanding and in the rare instance when something went wrong that I felt shouldn’t (mirror fold in motor, broken glovebox) Lexus always took care of it for me free of charge.

Here in the DC area there are many LX’s on the road (relatively speaking) and inventories are high as I’ve seen some new 2018 2 rows still available where I’m sure good deals can be had.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-15-19, 05:41 PM
JennK
Rookie

Originally Posted by Reggie1
I see you're in SC. My Lexus dealer has 2 locations - Columbia SC and Augusta GA - and I'd be absolutely amazed to get a deal like you are hoping for from them. That said, I'm on my fifth Lexus from them, and they are well aware that I'm not a fierce deal-maker. For me, I buy Lexi from this dealer because of the service. They aren't perfect, but are head and shoulders above my local GM, Porsche-Audi, BMW, and Mercedes sellers (those are the ones I have personal experience with). Mercedes service was so poor we traded in a 2 year old one with just 13,000 miles on a new Lexus.

On the LX I had to wait a while to get one with black interior. Horses and a farm and a light interior just don't work well together. I learned that lesson from my previous LX with a parchment interior. The dealer had several LX's with light interiors on the lot ready to go and had to search and wait for one with black. I have hay bales, feed sacks, and manure buckets in the back regularly. The tailgate makes a decent workbench for cutting fence boards. And Weathertech floor liners are a must-have. I essentially use the LX like some folks use their Kawasaki Mules or John Deere Gators. About the only thing it won't do is fit through a 4-foot fence gate. Plus it doubles as a daily driver, so no filling and storing gas containers at the barn.

One thing not mentioned yet is re-sale or trade-in value. I'm unsure whether lack of the third row seats will have a negative impactfor for you when the time comes. My feeling is that the front in savings will offset any loss, if any, at the back end, but who can really know?

I moved from GA across the state line to SC several years ago. The LX is an expensive vehicle to own. However, in Georgia, you pay state sales tax once, and then at tag renewal time there is no property assessment tax of the vehicle, ,just a small fee for the license plate decal. In SC, unfortunalely, there is sales tax at the beginning, followed by property tax every year. That is double taxation, and is why Georgia changed their state law. My prediction is that your annual tag renewal in SC will be more than double what you're paying for your current Lexus tag renewal. And the first year you will be hit twice - once by the state sales tax, and then again on your birth month when the tag renewal comes up. You can mitigate the shock by planning the purchase as many months before your birth month as possible. In other words, don't take delivery of the LX the month before your birthday, or you'll have back-to-back tax payments.

Personally, I'd avoid the 21 inch wheels if possible, But that's a personal decision. For me, it would be the lack of suitable replacement tires for that wheel choice.
thank you for your input. Same dealer as you were talking about. Third Lexus from them, so I think I can’t get a deal. I plan on paying for my tag renewal before I buy. That will help offset at least one year of those darn personal property taxes. Most people I know who own them don’t really ever use the third row. I was hoping to find one with 20 inch rims, but they are very hard to find. Thanks again!
Old 03-15-19, 05:47 PM
JennK
Rookie

Originally Posted by mbarron37

i agree, would be a special order. I inquired from two dealers about special ordering a 2-row with ML and both dealers said they would do it but they do not discount special orders. No thanks then........
same here. Not much of a discount for a special order. I wanted to get white with Cabernet interior, 20’s and luxury package. I was told I would have to wait a least 6 months. And, still no discount.
Old 03-15-19, 06:06 PM
JennK
Rookie

Originally Posted by peasept
I bought my 4th LX since 1999 exactly a year ago.

I bought a 2018 2 row, white with parchment interior. At that time I paid $75,xxx for an $87,xxx sticker priced truck. I believe there was $3000 cash back at that time.

I know there are a few more options on the 2019’s as mine had no options.

Pros of the 2 row (in my opinion): standard roof rack, 20” wheels and tires with Michelin Latitude tires instead of the inferior and much more expensive Bridgestones, more storage room

Cons: the standard stereo is vastly inferior to the ML’s that I had in my 2004 & 2009 and the Nakamichi in my 1999, no heated seats in 2nd row and no cooled front seats (perhaps that’s changed for 2019), and finally I believe they released the 2 row with less attention to detail in changing the interior panels in the 3rd section to make them specific for the 2 row. Namely the are mounting points in the panels for seats that don’t exist, etc. I think that’s sloppy for a $90k car, but perhaps unnoticeable for an owner that doesn’t have my 20 year history with the car.

With respect to depreciation, I have no concerns as I traded each of my previous 3 to the dealer and always got a decent value. For example when I traded my 2009 with 125,000 miles that needed an expensive 120k service, new brakes and new tires, I got $25,000 as a trade.

Despite my minor disappointments (above) I obviously love the car as I’ve owned one for the last 20 years. Reliability has been outstanding and in the rare instance when something went wrong that I felt shouldn’t (mirror fold in motor, broken glovebox) Lexus always took care of it for me free of charge.

Here in the DC area there are many LX’s on the road (relatively speaking) and inventories are high as I’ve seen some new 2018 2 rows still available where I’m sure good deals can be had.

I hope this helps.
thank you for your input! That is exactly the deal I am looking for. I have been monitoring the inventory here and at a few other dealers close to me. Most have at least 2-3 2 rows available. I have yet to hear the non-ML system. The luxury package adds heat/cooled rear seats. No cool box, but I am ok with that. I plan on keeping the vehicle at least 4 years,so I am hoping their trade in value will be good. The inventories for the 3 row are high as well. Every dealer I monitor in a 3 hour drive radius has at least 10-12 in stock. Most are fully loaded with ML,luxury, 21’s etc. They are 10k higher on MSRP too. Black or red interior is a must for me. I test drove one with parchment that was a 2017 and the parchment interior showed wear and tear. I am in no hurry to purchase, just want to get one bought at a reasonable price. My RC 350 just had new front brakes and rotors at 38000 miles and I replaced all 4 tires a few months ago. So, I am good to go for a while. My dealer offered to offset the cost by giving me a ‘great deal’ on the LX, but no numbers were offered. They did offer me 5000 off the new inspiration edition, but that probabLy included the Lexus cash offered now.
Probably the shocking thing I’ve noticed is how few LC’s are around here. The same dealer owns Toyota and they are not discounting them at all. The ones I have looked at are the same price or higher than the 2 row LX.
Thank you for your input!
Old 03-15-19, 10:07 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Probably the shocking thing I’ve noticed is how few LC’s are around here. The same dealer owns Toyota and they are not discounting them at all. The ones I have looked at are the same price or higher than the 2 row LX.
Thank you for your input!
That's the same everywhere...Toyota imports fewer Land Cruisers to the North American market. It's been that way for years.
Old 03-16-19, 04:47 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

If you are dead set on an LX, just wait til the summer and they should begin to really discount the 2019’s in preparation for 2020’s.

Do a search in the LX forum to see what people were paying last summer/ early fall. If my memory is accurate, some people were claiming some real good discounts on both 2-row and 3-row. You may need to travel or have your rig shipped to your location.

The million dollar question is when will actual information pertaining to the redesigned 300 series be released? So far nothing from the manufacturer, so only anecdotal. A lot of people may wait for the redesign to hit dealers and in turn 200 series may get deeper discounts. I say may because you never know. They could screw up the 300 series like they did to the LS line. Good luck and try to update this thread if/when you find one you like at a decent price. There are still some 2018’s kicking around so maybe try quote even if dealer is not close. Can’t hurt.
Old 03-16-19, 08:29 AM
JennK
Rookie

Originally Posted by mbarron37
If you are dead set on an LX, just wait til the summer and they should begin to really discount the 2019’s in preparation for 2020’s.

Do a search in the LX forum to see what people were paying last summer/ early fall. If my memory is accurate, some people were claiming some real good discounts on both 2-row and 3-row. You may need to travel or have your rig shipped to your location.

The million dollar question is when will actual information pertaining to the redesigned 300 series be released? So far nothing from the manufacturer, so only anecdotal. A lot of people may wait for the redesign to hit dealers and in turn 200 series may get deeper discounts. I say may because you never know. They could screw up the 300 series like they did to the LS line. Good luck and try to update this thread if/when you find one you like at a decent price. There are still some 2018’s kicking around so maybe try quote even if dealer is not close. Can’t hurt.
summer to early fall was my target. My warranty on the RC runs out in July. Not concerned about it too much, but the dealer is as he wants to sell it certified. They won’t have much into reconditioning since I have just upgraded the tires and front brakes. I have read about the redesign speculations for the lx/lc and the GX. GX is just another refresh with new design in 2022, from what I have read. So, one would think the LX is not far behind. I am not totally sold on the LX as my other pick would be the new Cayenne. I have owned 5 P-cars including a Cayenne. Reliability between both brands is on the top. Price range for both is equal. So, time will tell. Thanks for your input!
Old 03-17-19, 07:40 AM
Reggie1
Intermediate

I have been away from the Porsche world for a long time, primarily because has been 30 years since we had a Porsche dealer in my former home in GA. I just visited the Porsche web site to update myself, and used their car configurator program to build a new Porsche E-hybrid Cayenne. I'd choose it over the 2-row Lexus LX. More power, better gas mileage, good tow rating, and more state-of-the -art features than the 3rd gen LX. But Porsche does hit you with a lot of option choices. I could easily add another 50% to the base price. I'd be interested in seeing how the dealers option the e-hybrid Cayennes they order for their inventory.

Quick Reply: 2019 two row