LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

New (to me) 16 LX570

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-18, 12:07 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ssagaji
Newly tinted finally feels complete - for stage 1. Stage 2 would be the dual side exit JDM Wald exhaust and final stage still being debated would be 24" wheels lol. Time to save up...
I'm thinking you don't go off road much...
Old 10-28-18, 12:19 PM
ssagaji
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
I'm thinking you don't go off road much...
With a LX570 with all that cladding? Nah...

My daily driver 4th gen 4Runner with the Toytec lift kit would be my go to car if I need to camp and do some mild off roading. It's 13 years, old, bulletproof powertrain and the Galactic Gray paint is faded in quite a few places. Not quite a $#!t car, but pretty close at 197,000 miles - which for this car means I still have another 100k to go easy.

Last edited by ssagaji; 10-29-18 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-29-18, 02:04 AM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

With a LX570 with all that cladding? Nah...

My daily driver 4th gen 4Runner with the Toytec lift kit would be my go to car if I need to camp and do some mild off roading...
I still don't understand why someone buys LX but doesn't need it for offroading. There are many SUVs which are more highway friendly. Body on frame SUV with a solid rear axle can never be the best option for paved roads.
The current LX is most limited by its bumpers. Otherwise it's quite offroad capable (on 18" wheels and AT tires).
Old 10-29-18, 05:56 AM
ssagaji
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
I still don't understand why someone buys LX but doesn't need it for offroading. There are many SUVs which are more highway friendly. Body on frame SUV with a solid rear axle can never be the best option for paved roads.
The current LX is most limited by its bumpers. Otherwise it's quite offroad capable (on 18" wheels and AT tires).
Different strokes for different folks. I’m perfectly content keeping my pristine, low mileage, black colored body on frame suv as my second car. As long as my LX gets me through the days of nasty weather when I want to hit the slopes or occasionally go snowmobiling with friends in comfort (and style), then for me that’s all I can ask for. If you or like minded others want to mess up your front and/or rear bumpers going up or down a easy to moderately difficult trail with the current 16-18 LX’s inferior approach and departure angle (compared to even a non premium gas needed Land Cruiser), that’s cool too. Don't even get me started on the LX570's stock running boards...

BTW no one managed to point out the whole picture of my car in a mall parking lot irony lol...

Last edited by ssagaji; 10-29-18 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-29-18, 07:09 AM
ssagaji
Driver School Candidate

Enjoy! Personally not a fan of the wide body kit, but the wheels and exhaust are on point..

Old 10-29-18, 04:45 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

...(compared to even a non premium gas needed Land Cruiser), that’s cool too. Don't even get me started on the LX570's stock running boards...
I bought our '01 LX in 2009, running boards and 3rd row seats were on the truck for a day or 2. The LX became wife's DD when I found our 200 series in 2015. Running boards with lighting rebuilt went back on the LX within the next week.

As to the "don't get me started" stuff...please don't get me started on premium gas v. regular in an LX v. a Land Cruiser. You're likely to get the "ethanol guy" back here. I use 90 or 91 ethanol-free gas, depending if I get it from Sinclair or Chevron...not because of the octane, but because it's ethanol-free.

Old 10-30-18, 08:57 AM
ssagaji
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hankinid
I bought our '01 LX in 2009, running boards and 3rd row seats were on the truck for a day or 2. The LX became wife's DD when I found our 200 series in 2015. Running boards with lighting rebuilt went back on the LX within the next week.

As to the "don't get me started" stuff...please don't get me started on premium gas v. regular in an LX v. a Land Cruiser. You're likely to get the "ethanol guy" back here. I use 90 or 91 ethanol-free gas, depending if I get it from Sinclair or Chevron...not because of the octane, but because it's ethanol-free.
Lucky you I don't ever think I've seen a gas pump, "top Tier" or otherwise, in Colorado that didn't have at least a warning sticker saying up to 10% ethanol is in the gas. Don't have Chevron in Colorado which makes me want to move back to Southern California - but then I'd ***** about my MPG doing 11 miles an hour on the 91 freeway.