2008-2011 LX570 LED headlight conversion recommendations - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX - 3rd Gen (2008-present)
2008-2011 LX570 LED headlight conversion recommendations >

2008-2011 LX570 LED headlight conversion recommendations

Notices
LX - 3rd Gen (2008-present) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2008-2011 LX570 LED headlight conversion recommendations

Old 09-16-18, 06:32 PM
  #1  
SulaimanEK
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
SulaimanEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: EASTERN
Posts: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2008-2011 LX570 LED headlight conversion recommendations

I started to use my father's previous daily driver (2009 LX570) and started to notice that the lighting in the headlights are weak and look outdated. I saw many LED conversion kits online but don't know which is best. I'm looking forward to change every single exterior bulb to make my car look great again.
SulaimanEK is offline  
Old 09-16-18, 06:52 PM
  #2  
UZ214
Lexus Test Driver
 
UZ214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DE
Posts: 1,461
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

i would vote for quality HID conversion; i did mine fogs/headlights with xenon depot; looks stock and the light output is much better than LEDs. if you are looking for more of color and show then LEDs are cooler looking but they scatter the light alot in the the housing of the LX570
Originally Posted by SulaimanEK View Post
I started to use my father's previous daily driver (2009 LX570) and started to notice that the lighting in the headlights are weak and look outdated. I saw many LED conversion kits online but don't know which is best. I'm looking forward to change every single exterior bulb to make my car look great again.
UZ214 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to UZ214 For This Useful Post:
SulaimanEK (09-16-18)
Old 09-16-18, 07:08 PM
  #3  
SulaimanEK
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
SulaimanEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: EASTERN
Posts: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UZ214 View Post
i would vote for quality HID conversion; i did mine fogs/headlights with xenon depot; looks stock and the light output is much better than LEDs. if you are looking for more of color and show then LEDs are cooler looking but they scatter the light alot in the the housing of the LX570
Which Brand HID did you recommend? You sold me in the HID's
SulaimanEK is offline  
Old 09-17-18, 08:42 AM
  #4  
UZ214
Lexus Test Driver
 
UZ214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DE
Posts: 1,461
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

i went with 4300k color output and here is the kit i got / they give 10% off to clublexus members- i have bought kits from them for every Lexus i owned, once had a issue for the ISF fogs HOD kit, they replaced the whole kit like a year later for warranty. to note i had really good LEDs in the fogs in the Lx i took them out and put in a HID kit because it would cause a lot of glare. they are worth the extra money over ebay cheap kits.


https://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-K...-p/vdp-h11.htm

Originally Posted by SulaimanEK View Post
Which Brand HID did you recommend? You sold me in the HID's
UZ214 is online now  
Old 10-07-18, 07:13 AM
  #5  
4N6
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SulaimanEK View Post
I started to use my father's previous daily driver (2009 LX570) and started to notice that the lighting in the headlights are weak and look outdated. I saw many LED conversion kits online but don't know which is best. I'm looking forward to change every single exterior bulb to make my car look great again.
I used SeaLight LED for low beam and high beams. They were cheap, and plug and play. Great light quality, and are just as bright as any HID I have ever had.

I want to say the low beam projectors were
Low Beam SeaLight Low Beam SeaLight
The High Beams were
SeaLight high beams SeaLight high beams

About 80 bucks for all 4 bulbs.

Also upgraded the lights on the running boards which were super yellow and dated to LED: running board lights
They were also plug and play, and dimmable
4N6 is offline  
Old 10-08-18, 06:09 PM
  #6  
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver
 
UCrazyKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Barrington, IL
Posts: 1,042
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I went through this almost a year ago. I was happy with these LEDs. Affordable and easy to install.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...011-lx570.html
UCrazyKid is offline  
Old 10-11-18, 12:58 PM
  #7  
E46CT
Lexus Champion
 
E46CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CA
Posts: 2,435
Thanked 217 Times in 175 Posts
Default

I would recommend doing an actual conversion. Not just a slap-in kit with rebased poorly made aftermarket bulbs. That's a plug-in. Not a conversion.

Those headlights are huge so you should have a lot of room to work with. It would yield the best, safest result, not causing any unwanted glare. Especially for a high riding vehicle like the LX. you'd be blinding people unnecessarily with a cheap slap-in kit.

I'd recommend taking a look at RX350 projectors, or Morimoto D2S projectors and running high quality bulbs out of Germany (OSRAM CBI)

i've done several professional Lexus retrofits and the results are stunning.

Of course you'd have to be familiar with DIY, wiring, opening up your headlights. Maybe i should do this for a fee. haha
E46CT is online now  
Old 10-12-18, 06:23 AM
  #8  
F350
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
F350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: ny / mla
Posts: 208
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can you still retrofit even if there’s the AFS ?

Originally Posted by E46CT View Post
I would recommend doing an actual conversion. Not just a slap-in kit with rebased poorly made aftermarket bulbs. That's a plug-in. Not a conversion.

Those headlights are huge so you should have a lot of room to work with. It would yield the best, safest result, not causing any unwanted glare. Especially for a high riding vehicle like the LX. you'd be blinding people unnecessarily with a cheap slap-in kit.

I'd recommend taking a look at RX350 projectors, or Morimoto D2S projectors and running high quality bulbs out of Germany (OSRAM CBI)

i've done several professional Lexus retrofits and the results are stunning.

Of course you'd have to be familiar with DIY, wiring, opening up your headlights. Maybe i should do this for a fee. haha
​​​​​​​

Last edited by F350; 10-13-18 at 12:18 AM.
F350 is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: