I have had 3 GX and now 1 LX.
Choose the LX you won't be sorry.
The following users liked this post:
MagnumP45 (09-08-18)
Old 09-08-18, 07:06 PM
MagnumP45
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you all for all your input. I’m leaning more and more towards a LC or LX. I prefer the LX, but they are usually more expensive (justifiably so). I was just so impressed by the test drive of the 2016 LC that I really feel the larger vehicle is the better choice. I just felt I had so much more space. I’m 6’3” and had plenty of room to stretch out, not to mention the ride was great!

Last edited by MagnumP45; 09-08-18 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-09-18, 07:29 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 987 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by MagnumP45
Thank you all for all your input. I’m leaning more and more towards a LC or LX. I prefer the LX, but they are usually more expensive (justifiably so). I was just so impressed by the test drive of the 2016 LC that I really feel the larger vehicle is the better choice. I just felt I had so much more space. I’m 6’3” and had plenty of room to stretch out, not to mention the ride was great!
We have 2016 LX, and recently, we took a 7,000 miles of trip with the LX, no words to describe it how comfortable and enjoyable that was. We also have a 2014 GX, nothing bad about GX, but LX just be in a much higher level in terms of comfort and luxury.
Old 09-09-18, 04:30 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 399 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
I suggest you go to www.IH8MUD.com. Look at the information in the
200 series forum. Get educated on the Platform. The LX hydronic suspension system. These vehicles were designed to last 25 years in a Third World country they’re designed and built for reliability and quality you can’t compare him to any other vehicle range rovers are a piece of crap Cadillacs GMC‘s are the same they are designed to last as long as the warranty lasts. After you do your homework then decide if this is the type of vehicle you want the GX is not in the same category as the LX or the Land Cruiser. After you do your homework you’ll see you’d be better off buying a used one with 40 to 50,000 miles since they last at least 500,000 that some soccer mom drove around because they have more money than they know what to do it. Anyone that talks to you about technology baby seats fit and then cramped in the third row should be buying a Escalade or a Range Rover because they’re really not looking at the engineering and reliability that these vehicles are designed for that’s why the UN uses them in war zones that’s why in Australia you see LX’s and land cruiser out in the bush but you don’t see a Range Rover. The factory where the LX,LC are built in Japan and only build ithe workers have to qualify to work in that factory (great honor) and they are noted for their excellent if you really don’t need to know that you’re driving around the best built most reliable SUV with the most advanced suspension system like the LX in the world it is hydraulic and they just don’t break unlike the air suspension on other SUVs which are a nightmare
I agree with almost everything you wrote- but have to point out that the hydraulic suspension on my 2010 LX had to be replaced at 100k miles. Luckily it was covered under CPO program so didn't cost me a dime. Sophisticated vehicles will at some point require repair.
Old 09-10-18, 10:31 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
I agree with almost everything you wrote- but have to point out that the hydraulic suspension on my 2010 LX had to be replaced at 100k miles. Luckily it was covered under CPO program so didn't cost me a dime. Sophisticated vehicles will at some point require repair.
Yours is the first I’ve ever heard of.
Old 09-10-18, 02:13 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

This is a picture of my 2015 LX 570 I’m running BFG AT/KO2’s 285-55-20 perfect combination the last year where they look pretty the 13’s through 15’s are the best things looking models I could’ve bought a new one don’t like the way they look but that’s just me😳
MagnumP45 (09-10-18)
Old 09-10-18, 02:16 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

This is a picture of my 2015 LX 570 I’m running BFG AT/KO2’s 285-55-20 perfect combination the last year where they look pretty the 13’s through 15’s are the best things looking models I could’ve bought a new one don’t like the way they look but that’s just me😳

2015 LX570

MagnumP45 (09-10-18)
Old 09-10-18, 06:59 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Toyota recommends changing AHC fluid every 60K...is that what you see on your truck's service records?

Same here.

Old 09-12-18, 06:41 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

I view that as excellent news. That means that I should be able to go at least another 100k miles without worrying about it again since I have an entirely brand new system. I'd have to look for the receipt, but I think the total was somewhere around $2,200 that was 100% covered by CPO program - and I remember the advisor telling me that price is typically a bit low compared to what the customer would pay (maybe the dealerships get a reduced rate on warranty work??)
Old 09-12-18, 06:44 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Looks great. I love the '13 to '15 as well - some subtle changes compared to my 2010 that I really like (grille shape, tail lights, side mirror signals). The newer ones are growing on me quite a bit though.
Old 09-12-18, 07:02 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Looks great. I love the '13 to '15 as well - some subtle changes compared to my 2010 that I really like (grille shape, tail lights, side mirror signals). The newer ones are growing on me quite a bit though.
yeah I hated the new ones at first now they are growing on me a little
Old 09-14-18, 07:02 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts
Question

I view that as excellent news. That means that I should be able to go at least another 100k miles without worrying about it again since I have an entirely brand new system. I'd have to look for the receipt, but I think the total was somewhere around $2,200 that was 100% covered by CPO program - and I remember the advisor telling me that price is typically a bit low compared to what the customer would pay (maybe the dealerships get a reduced rate on warranty work??)
Why do you want to go 40K past the recommended AHC fluid change, especially with a brand new AHC system?
Old 12-23-18, 02:03 PM
Balbir
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have both LX and GX

LX is more comfortable, specially on rear seat. Better seats and material. I have one with 21 inch wheels and it drive better. However, in cities, it’s handling is bit heavier than GX. Whenever I drive GX after LX, I feel like I am driving a lighter vehicle and more responsive.

I prefer LX on highways... it is defiantly a better feel.. LX has ML and GX has the regular one. There is a difference but not a significant.

i brought Lx because of much better interior exterior and somewhat better ride.

Old 12-23-18, 05:16 PM
samuraj
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wife have GX , i do not like driver position , seats are to high , side windows to big , besides quick around town grocery getter
my LX ... highway cruiser
Old 04-23-19, 12:45 PM
Questtt3
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in a position similar to that of the OP both in terms of desired use (daily driver, long road trips, camping/off-road), family size (2 children and dog) and trying to decide between the LX 570 (aprox. 2012-2014) and GX 460 Luxury (aprox. 2015-16). However, whereas the OP said he works from home, I spend much of my time commuting to NYC from the suburbs. I test drove the new 2019 LX 570 and 2019 GX 470 at dealership for comparison and found, to my surprise as some have said, that the GX felt a little more "peppy" and truck-like (in a good way) yet also more nimble than the LX. Both were very nice vehicles but it is true, the LX had extremely comfortable seats and a more "posh" interior.

While both cars are considered by many parking garages in NYC as "oversized" (and thus must pay additional aprox. $10)...I have some concern that it still might be a little more difficult to maneuver and park the LX in some day garages in the City (might some garages refuse it?).

I plan to keep this vehicle "forever" so really want to get this right. I'm 6'4" and was surprised that despite interior dimension specs. both fit comfortably. I admit I do find it a little off-putting to hear the GX described as "the woman's Lexus SUV" or the "soccer mom's Lexus SUV"...even the 2019 GX brochure showed only two pictures with a person...both a woman...outside the vehicle (but one picture of a man's hands on the steering wheel...a little solace there I guess). The LX brochure, however, showed several pictures of a man in the vehicle. Hmmm. I say this mostly joking...but it did give me a moments pause...C'mon..is it really a chick's car? This must after all fulfill my slightly extravagant utilitarian version of the "mid-life red sports car" (no mid-life crisis here). ;o)

Recognizing that both the GX and LX are great vehicles...to all those that liked the LX...would you still choose it if you were going to be doing a fair amount of City (NYC) driving as described above? Apart from the slighly "posher" interior, is the LX a more rugged, durable (long-term), dependable vehicle? I really appreciate your insights...thank you!

Quick Reply: GX or LX