LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2018 LX570 Rear passenger feel dizzy

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-19, 06:58 AM
mmalik
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I will suggest to check the air circulation of your LX - May be some vents are not working? I believe there are about 29 vents in the cabin of LX to maintain the climate.

My wife is pregnant and is very sensitive to motion sickness right now. We would not be able to travel in our Lexus LS or Tesla S without her throwing up every 10 minutes. She is most comfortable in our LX though. My suspension is always set to comfortable, climate on 4 zone Auto and I never turn off rear climate, even if i'm alone.

We most recently made a 600+ miles trip (5 passengers) and my wife was in the 2nd row and then later in 3rd row. No complains. Here is how the climate was setup, if that helps (all on Auto):

Driver: 68
Passenger : 72
Driver side rear passenger (wife): 74
Passenger side rear passenger: 71

I hope your issue is as simple as a closed vent in the back. Please keep us posted of your findings...
Old 03-11-19, 07:03 AM
aldouschiu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmalik
I will suggest to check the air circulation of your LX - May be some vents are not working? I believe there are about 29 vents in the cabin of LX to maintain the climate.

My wife is pregnant and is very sensitive to motion sickness right now. We would not be able to travel in our Lexus LS or Tesla S without her throwing up every 10 minutes. She is most comfortable in our LX though. My suspension is always set to comfortable, climate on 4 zone Auto and I never turn off rear climate, even if i'm alone.

We most recently made a 600+ miles trip (5 passengers) and my wife was in the 2nd row and then later in 3rd row. No complains. Here is how the climate was setup, if that helps (all on Auto):

Driver: 68
Passenger : 72
Driver side rear passenger (wife): 74
Passenger side rear passenger: 71

I hope your issue is as simple as a closed vent in the back. Please keep us posted of your findings...

Thanks for the advice!! I think you might be right. I will check into this!!
Old 03-12-19, 06:37 PM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 406 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by aldouschiu
All,
I purchased my new 2018 LX570 with third row in April 2018. So far everything runs great as expect with only issue is all passengers(my wife, my sons and friends) had sat on rear seats were complaining about they felt dizzy after short run. One time I sat at second row as well, I also felt about the same. My wife sat on third row once time. She told me third row is even worse. Wonder if anybody with LX570 have same issue. Of course I set ride as comfort mode. Let me know other owners have same experience or something they did to resolve same issue!
How about "outgassing"" of plastic/vinyl/carpet?

It can cause nausea in some.
Old 03-12-19, 07:50 PM
aldouschiu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YODAONE
How about "outgassing"" of plastic/vinyl/carpet?

It can cause nausea in some.
I think it's getting better now. May be my son and wife got use to it! It's one year old now!
Old 03-15-19, 05:22 PM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Smile

I think it's getting better now. May be my son and wife got use to it! It's one year old now!
My guess is that you have become a smoother driver over the past year. The threat of having a passenger vomit in your new LX has motivated you to alter your driving style.
Old 03-16-19, 10:07 AM
aldouschiu
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Reggie1
My guess is that you have become a smoother driver over the past year. The threat of having a passenger vomit in your new LX has motivated you to alter your driving style.
My another guess is my wife and son cannot complain anymore as I don't have plan to change something else yet!!
Old 03-17-19, 12:09 AM
Gordj
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Quick question, do you run on cruise? I have a buddy who is a bull rider and when I drive on cruise control the subtle speed changes affect his balance and he gets nauseous.
Old 03-17-19, 03:15 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

My another guess is my wife and son cannot complain anymore as I don't have plan to change something else yet!!
You can fix complaints and car sickness too!...Get an RX for behind the ear scopolamine...same stuff the astronauts use. It's also a sedative and hypnotic.

Originally Posted by Gordj
Quick question, do you run on cruise? I have a buddy who is a bull rider and when I drive on cruise control the subtle speed changes affect his balance and he gets nauseous.
There's a country and western song that likens bull riding to "driving a Jeep at 70mph down a winding road, and tossing the steering wheel out the window".

I tried on a dare once in Texas. Not many memories but alcohol may have been involved. The Jeep correction is absolutely correct. They opened the gate and I stayed on for 2 seconds and then landed on my tail. I was lucky that the bull was just starting his career.
Old 03-21-19, 05:34 PM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Have you considered the possibility of carbon monoxide as a cause? Dizziness and nausea are among the symptoms of elevated CO levels.

I just read that the Ford Explorer may have this problem, and it made me think of this discussion.

Both my wife and mother owe their lives to having carbon monoxide alarms in their houses.

Maybe you could buy a carbon monoxide monitor with a digital reading, and monitor your Lexus for a while . If everything is OK, you won't be out much money and you can always move the monitor into your house.
Old 05-31-19, 12:46 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I drive a GX not an LX but experienced this problem myself when riding in the third row of my parents' Toyota Highlander once. Had to pull over and get out for several minutes, it got so bad. Once I moved to the front seat I was ok. I have no explanation other than motion sickness.