LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Rear dynamic turn signals installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-18, 05:10 PM
j0mama
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lex97h
If I am not mistaken, I believe the headlamp control module is located on the outside of the headlamp assembly and it is attached to the bottom. If that is the case, there is a possibility that by just replacing the control module itself might make the sequential turn signal work. From one of the post where J0Mama posted a link for the Japanese Yahoo auction, there was a specific seller that was selling the headlamp turn signal plus the control module which led me to believe we don't need to replace the entire headlamp. Just the module will do.
Well I purchased that auction, and ill have that part probably in next week to take a look at it.... I assume that the sequential LED system is in the light, not the control module. Ill take a look once I get it in my hands.

j.
Old 04-12-18, 05:11 PM
j0mama
Rookie

Originally Posted by hzhao
I will connect techstream in next couple of days to take look the ECU presenters if there is any surprise there.
I've been poking around in Techstream, and don't see anything cool....

j.
Old 04-12-18, 05:13 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 987 Likes on 571 Posts

If I am not mistaken, I believe the headlamp control module is located on the outside of the headlamp assembly and it is attached to the bottom. If that is the case, there is a possibility that by just replacing the control module itself might make the sequential turn signal work. From one of the post where J0Mama posted a link for the Japanese Yahoo auction, there was a specific seller that was selling the headlamp turn signal plus the control module which led me to believe we don't need to replace the entire headlamp. Just the module will do.
But, accounting the wiring diagrams for both Japanese (posted here) and the one I have looked up in US service Manual, ECU pins are used same (except one for cornering lights for Japanese spec. There is no additional control wires to turn signal portion which is part of headlight unit. If anything, would be the presenters on ECU which is very much unlikely. I will take a look on Techstream to see any variable presenters that could indicate the sequential turn signals. Chances are similar to the tail lights, the driver is on the light itself whether had the proper wires to enable it or not.
Old 04-13-18, 09:13 AM
hzhao
Racer

Spend some time and went through techstream, there are no settings turn signals other than auto lane change flashing times, (default as 3, can be customized to maximum 7 times). Based on diagrams and other evidence, the front sequential turn signals has to be built into the headlight unit. Whether it is physically in US spec headlights just been disabled or there will be the completely different unit, your guess will be as good as mine. It is a shame that current laws and regulations are so out dated that prevented us to have it to begin with.
Old 04-13-18, 11:07 AM
j0mama
Rookie

Controller Video.

SO..............It is inside the light, the controller internally has the sequential part... Just by powering on the light it sequences on, then stays lit... So that means replacing the whole housing.

j.

Last edited by j0mama; 04-13-18 at 11:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
hzhao (04-13-18)
Old 04-13-18, 02:20 PM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by j0mama
Controller Video.

SO..............It is inside the light, the controller internally has the sequential part... Just by powering on the light it sequences on, then stays lit... So that means replacing the whole housing.

j.
Well at least we now know that the lamp housing contains the controller for the led sequencer. Thanks J0Mama for going through all this trouble.
Old 04-14-18, 06:50 PM
j0mama
Rookie

Well at least we now know that the lamp housing contains the controller for the led sequencer. Thanks J0Mama for going through all this trouble.
But this is interesting.... the sequential part of the light is available from Lexus Japan/Europe:

The following users liked this post:
Pazorell83 (11-14-19)
Old 04-14-18, 06:51 PM
j0mama
Rookie

Old 04-14-18, 06:52 PM
j0mama
Rookie

I'm wondering if these lights are not sealed....
Old 04-14-18, 06:58 PM
j0mama
Rookie

Same computer, so I figure the logic is already in the computer for the lights, just need to add wiring....
Old 04-14-18, 07:08 PM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Same computer, so I figure the logic is already in the computer for the lights, just need to add wiring....
I thought the wiring are the same and the module is different. This is more complicated than it seems.
Old 04-14-18, 07:13 PM
j0mama
Rookie

I thought the wiring are the same and the module is different. This is more complicated than it seems.

Sorry, Japanese LX570 has cornering lights as well.... I ordered that as well, and the computer that is external of the light is the same for both lights with/without dynamic indicators, which leads me to believe that the corner light control is within the computers that are already on the truck.

As for the dynamic turn signals it looks like that part, (like the one I got used) can be ordered separately then the full headlight assembly, so makes it seem like its a repairable part, so the housing may be just screwed together.

j.
Old 04-14-18, 07:16 PM
hzhao
Racer

I think so, it is very much like the US tail corner combination light, the logic board and components are all there, just missing the trigger wires. The only thing for US is the inner lights does not have the strip of LEDs. So, for the headlights, everything is there, just need to know which wire or missing pins that will enable the sequential. I believe the lights are sealed with some sort of gasket and possible water tied gruel etc. From factory service manual there is no service information on the lights and is for entire replacement. lt could also be two part separated with headlight (high/low beam) and LED strip for DRL/Turn. The part seems just the light strip, the logic board might be at back of the headlight unit.
Old 04-14-18, 07:34 PM
j0mama
Rookie

So wire on left controls the sequential light, and the ones on the right turns on the white marker.

Controller board attached to the sequential light part.
The following 2 users liked this post by j0mama:
hzhao (04-14-18), lexus4jess (05-30-23)
Old 04-14-18, 08:57 PM
hzhao
Racer

Thanks j0mama for all the info. So, I wonder if US spec for the front turn lights, the control board could be the same, just the sequential part has been disabled...... LEDs need the driver circuit to turn on. Therefore regardless sequent or not, it needs the driver circuit. Just like the tail lights, the board is all there, just missing the wires. If needs to replace that portion of the headlight, the work is probably more than just replacing the whole headlights (if cost is not the subject), there is quite bit of work to take that apart for sure....

Quick Reply: Rear dynamic turn signals installed