LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

lx570 family of 5 hauler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-18, 06:27 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

my wife does not like the 16+ look at all; she thinks I should get a older LX- I think the new grill looks pretty good. The land cruiser in comparison looks plain but I can see the land cruiser is all about being practical.
Originally Posted by lexusrus
Ugly or not depends on the individual.

Personally I don't mind the "snow plow" . ������
Old 02-05-18, 06:53 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
does the sequoia has an less safety features? one thing that I dont see in the sequoia is the front and sides cameras; not sure if the 2018 has them. The I love the front camera. also if you don't mid me asking why do you own both?
I still own my Sequoia purchased in 2008. It was the first year when the current generation was produced. I keep it as a backup car - for towing, hauling everything etc. It's much larger than my '16 LX. It does not cost me too much and it is really reliable.
Yes - you are right. I forgot for the front and side cameras. Even 2018 Sequoia does not have them (just the backup camera). On the other side, the backup camera on Sequoia gives much better picture than on LX. In my opinion, the front camera is not so much important but sometimes helps.
Old 02-06-18, 08:57 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
my wife does not like the 16+ look at all; she thinks I should get a older LX- I think the new grill looks pretty good. The land cruiser in comparison looks plain but I can see the land cruiser is all about being practical.
start looking for a clean low mileage CPOed 2015. Then you both will be happy
Old 02-20-18, 05:47 PM
vkj200
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We bought a 13 CPO last summer which replaced our Q7 TDI. Our oldest is in a booster seat, 3 year old in a car seat and 3 months old. The little one is in the middle, when my wife decides to ride in the back then the oldest goes to the 3rd row. With one seat lowered I can manage to fit a stroller and groceries.
If the 5 of us are going to Costco then we take our 11 XC90, the thing has more cargo space with 3rd row up.
I'm hoping to keep Volvo for a few more years but here is a list of cars I will consider to fit all of us.
Pacifica
Mercedes Metris (hopefully they will have an AWD and diesel option)
Mercedes Sprinter Diesel (can keep it forever and use it for road trips) The downside is the sheer size of the van even in the shortest wheelbase.
New XC90
Tesla Model X
Ram Power Wagon
Yukon
Old 02-21-18, 11:16 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

We've had rented the MB Metris and the Sprinter on vacations and each time for at least one week as we fly in and pick up the rental vans. Nowhere as "luxurious" as the LX570. The MB's rode like a cargo van. Reliability maybe lacking as well.

Have you checked out the NEW Lincoln Navigator? The factory CAN NOT PRODUCE enough to sell!!! That's what the industry is saying. Cost is up there!!!! But people are buying the Lincoln Navigator like it's on sale!!!

Originally Posted by vkj200
We bought a 13 CPO last summer which replaced our Q7 TDI. Our oldest is in a booster seat, 3 year old in a car seat and 3 months old. The little one is in the middle, when my wife decides to ride in the back then the oldest goes to the 3rd row. With one seat lowered I can manage to fit a stroller and groceries.
If the 5 of us are going to Costco then we take our 11 XC90, the thing has more cargo space with 3rd row up.
I'm hoping to keep Volvo for a few more years but here is a list of cars I will consider to fit all of us.
Pacifica
Mercedes Metris (hopefully they will have an AWD and diesel option)
Mercedes Sprinter Diesel (can keep it forever and use it for road trips) The downside is the sheer size of the van even in the shortest wheelbase.
New XC90
Tesla Model X
Ram Power Wagon
Yukon
Old 02-22-18, 01:26 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

We've had rented the MB Metris and the Sprinter on vacations and each time for at least one week as we fly in and pick up the rental vans. Nowhere as "luxurious" as the LX570. The MB's rode like a cargo van. Reliability maybe lacking as well.

Have you checked out the NEW Lincoln Navigator? The factory CAN NOT PRODUCE enough to sell!!! That's what the industry is saying. Cost is up there!!!! But people are buying the Lincoln Navigator like it's on sale!!!
it’s always good to buy a new model change from a company like Ford because you know the quality is going to be perfect Plus the reliability factor.;(
Old 02-22-18, 03:15 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707

it’s always good to buy a new model change from a company like Ford because you know the quality is going to be perfect Plus the reliability factor.;(
Correct. Ignore hundreds of broken spark plugs and the EcoBeast intercooler that sucked in rain.
The following users liked this post:
Max707 (02-22-18)
Old 02-22-18, 09:09 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

its funny you say that, i was looking at VW atlas they look pretty decent plus seems like they have a bunch of space but i am not sold on the realibility

[/QUOTE]
Old 02-22-18, 09:10 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

yea i did check it out, i think its little bit too big plus i dont like Ford trucks at all the honeymoon gets over real fast.

Old 02-22-18, 09:30 PM
vkj200
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, they do ride like crap but it is practical and not as expensive of a car for kids to trash.
My LX has leather seat covers to protect the leather, I had them on for about 3 months now and they are already dirty/stained but for $50 a pop I don't mind changing them out.

Back in the day, my parents owned a limo company that had a fleet of Town Cars. With routine maintenance, it was very common for them to go 250K-300K miles without major repairs. Those days are long gone, I have zero faith in their ecoboost technology. I think they are putting a raptor motor in it. Having said that, I think they did a great job with the navigator from a design perspective.
Old 02-22-18, 09:41 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Yeah, they do ride like crap but it is practical and not as expensive of a car for kids to trash.
My LX has leather seat covers to protect the leather, I had them on for about 3 months now and they are already dirty/stained but for $50 a pop I don't mind changing them out.

Back in the day, my parents owned a limo company that had a fleet of Town Cars. With routine maintenance, it was very common for them to go 250K-300K miles without major repairs. Those days are long gone, I have zero faith in their ecoboost technology. I think they are putting a raptor motor in it. Having said that, I think they did a great job with the navigator from a design perspective.
like putting a defective heart in the Terminator
Old 02-22-18, 11:28 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I wished Ford had a V8 in its Raptor pickup.