LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Has Anyone Ever Thought of This Before...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-18, 01:59 PM
huss11
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Has Anyone Ever Thought of This Before...?

Hello all,

I recently was switching out all my interior lights in my 2014 LX to LED's and I came across an interesting idea.

Is there any way we can make the LED logo on the Front grill of the truck LED? And also, is there a way we can make the Lexus logo on the steering wheel LED also? I did not search any of this up yet so please...no roasting me saying that there are other threads about these questions

It was just a thought everyone...please let me know if that is possible, where I can buy the parts from, and how to install them.

Thanks guys...I greatly would appreciate a reply back,

Huss
Old 01-23-18, 04:43 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...us-emblem.html
Old 01-23-18, 05:21 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Default I would call it...

...just a little bit ghetto, but that's only imo.

Check https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...us-emblem.html , post #5. Don't know if the emblems referenced will fit a 200 series, as link is to an SC forum.

I'd also post the question on mud...should get a knowledgeable answer or 2.

hth
Old 01-23-18, 05:42 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

thats the exact link I posted..
Old 01-23-18, 10:14 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pizdets17
thats the exact link I posted..
Amazing the miracle of the internet.

Anybody knows it's the same link you posted.

That's why I had to quote it again, AND point out that the discussion was around and about Lexus LS cars, not Lexus LX trucks.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-24-18, 12:10 AM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

but its definitely ghetto.
Old 01-26-18, 06:49 AM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Angry

but its definitely ghetto.
So why is it "ghetto"? Funny since this is a factory OEM option on aMercedes-BenzGLE450 AMG20164Matic®3.0L V6https://www.benzpartshq.com/oem-part...8aAp-rEALw_wcB

Stereotypical phrase normally used by people who only know what they have seen on TV. To help eliminate some ignorance, let me give you a better example of "ghetto" and guess what, it's not negative. It's ingenuity at it's core. Imagine this if you will...Your so impoverished that you can barely afford to feed your family yet you desire to look good and be fashionable. You can't afford hair color and can only dream of going to a salon. But you figure out how to use a 10 cent pack of Koolaid to dye your hair.... Amazing that a true "ghetto" creation is now extremely fashionable and these bright color hair dyes that originated from "ghetto" Koolaid is now sold by major dye brands and done in salons everywhere. That bright green color hair you see on the preppy rich girl in the trendy mall really is "ghetto"!
Old 01-26-18, 07:19 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

I think it's just swell that MB has a lighted hood ornament.

What that has to do with green hair on a "preppy rich girl" is interesting but irrelevant.
Old 01-26-18, 10:15 AM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

To me its in the same category as Lexus logo puddle lights. Maybe its so people don't forget what they drive. MB can do whatever they want (and frankly with all the electrical issues German cars are known for, I am surprised they are sticking more of this crap on their cars). Some things are classy and somethings are just not. I huge overblown body kit on an LX is ghetto. Doesn't matter if it cost $15k. 26" wheels are ghetto. But those things are just my personal opinion. For the record green hair is not ghetto, its trailer park trash.
Old 01-26-18, 03:07 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

One of my favorite Hollywood stars, Cindy Lauper has this type of hair style

https://goo.gl/images/wjMGCs

Originally Posted by tlhicks
So why is it "ghetto"? Funny since this is a factory OEM option on aMercedes-BenzGLE450 AMG20164Matic®3.0L V6https://www.benzpartshq.com/oem-part...8aAp-rEALw_wcB

Stereotypical phrase normally used by people who only know what they have seen on TV. To help eliminate some ignorance, let me give you a better example of "ghetto" and guess what, it's not negative. It's ingenuity at it's core. Imagine this if you will...Your so impoverished that you can barely afford to feed your family yet you desire to look good and be fashionable. You can't afford hair color and can only dream of going to a salon. But you figure out how to use a 10 cent pack of Koolaid to dye your hair.... Amazing that a true "ghetto" creation is now extremely fashionable and these bright color hair dyes that originated from "ghetto" Koolaid is now sold by major dye brands and done in salons everywhere. That bright green color hair you see on the preppy rich girl in the trendy mall really is "ghetto"!

Last edited by lexusrus; 01-26-18 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-26-18, 03:21 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

What about the illuminated door sills. At least one of my Lexus vehicles got this as OEM. I don't think it's ghetto.

It's only ghetto if one is not familiar with it and one is "afraid". As long as it doesn't affect safety, it's all good. Whatever the owner of the car or the manufacturer wants to do...... just DO IT.

To me its in the same category as Lexus logo puddle lights. Maybe its so people don't forget what they drive. MB can do whatever they want (and frankly with all the electrical issues German cars are known for, I am surprised they are sticking more of this crap on their cars). Some things are classy and somethings are just not. I huge overblown body kit on an LX is ghetto. Doesn't matter if it cost $15k. 26" wheels are ghetto. But those things are just my personal opinion. For the record green hair is not ghetto, its trailer park trash.
Old 01-26-18, 11:21 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

thats an interior feature. You're not advertising "hey, you see my big Lexus sticker!!?"
Old 01-27-18, 01:55 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

You DON'T see the two big L emblems front and back?? I guess I'll need the lighted ones!!! LOL

thats an interior feature. You're not advertising "hey, you see my big Lexus sticker!!?"
Old 01-27-18, 10:02 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

might as well pair those with a big LEXUS sticker on your windshield. It will be an awesome combo. Maybe a "type R" sticker on the back too as I heard it adds 2 horsepower
Old 01-29-18, 05:01 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by kitabel
Mercedes? That's those people who think the grill emblem should be visible from Andromeda?
LOL! Lacking much respect for the brand anymore as they have flooded the market with entry level vehicle. So many CLA250 units on the road.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Ever Thought of This Before...?