LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Rearview mirror garage door arrows

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-18, 07:47 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Rearview mirror garage door arrows

I am still learning the feature of new vehicle. For my 2017 LX, I programmed both my garage doors. For the first garage, the mirror shows up or down arrow lights as the garage door opens up or closes . The light turns green from red when the garage door stops. However for my second garage door, it opens and closes and no arrows are reflected. Both my garage door openers are fairly new. First one is Chamberlain and is about 3 years old and second one is Liftmaster and is about 2 ears old . It's the same company and both models are comparable in features.
Is it because of different garage door openers or I am not programming it correctly?

Thanks
Old 01-10-18, 03:34 PM
Ashron
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I had issues programming my garage door and electric gate. the car was not processing my programming as described in the vehicle's manual. I finally had a Lexus concierge come to my house and program it for me. She had to clear out all the old codes and use some secret commands to get it programmed. But once she did it worked great. (and still does. No issues)
Old 01-11-18, 09:56 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashron
I had issues programming my garage door and electric gate. the car was not processing my programming as described in the vehicle's manual. I finally had a Lexus concierge come to my house and program it for me. She had to clear out all the old codes and use some secret commands to get it programmed. But once she did it worked great. (and still does. No issues)
Did you guys see the arrows when the garage door opens and closes? In my case, I see this on one garage and not the second one.

Thanks
Old 01-11-18, 10:22 AM
zink
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

My homelink operates two garage doors and an electric gate. The up/down arrows only work with the garage door operators (Craftsman, quite new models) but not with my electric gate, which is Viking but I think the remote is Liftmaster. All have rolling code security and the homelink works great for everything. I imagine it's just some programming variation in gate operator software that accounts for the lack of or addition of arrows.
Old 01-12-18, 08:24 AM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sfuad
I am still learning the feature of new vehicle. For my 2017 LX, I programmed both my garage doors. For the first garage, the mirror shows up or down arrow lights as the garage door opens up or closes . The light turns green from red when the garage door stops. However for my second garage door, it opens and closes and no arrows are reflected. Both my garage door openers are fairly new. First one is Chamberlain and is about 3 years old and second one is Liftmaster and is about 2 ears old . It's the same company and both models are comparable in features.
Is it because of different garage door openers or I am not programming it correctly?

Thanks
Why don't you swap the 1st garage programmed to the 2nd one and see if the 2nd one lights up? If it does that means the liftmaster (could be older type) will not light up. It could also be the mirror itself where only the first one lights up only.
Old 01-12-18, 08:58 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by sfuad

Thanks
Some openers will not provide this feedback, the liftmaster sounds like it does not.
Old 01-12-18, 10:11 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Some openers will not provide this feedback, the liftmaster sounds like it does not.
We have two Chamberlin's that were installed in 1994. No issues.

I'd recommend calling a garage door company and let the tech help you program.