LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Dash ECU layout - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-17, 04:48 AM
ylekiot1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash ECU layout - HELP!

I have purchased a 2010 LX.. After looking at the owners history on lexus.com I see an important history item that I should have picked up on before purchase. It looks like it had a water leak that got the remote start ECU wet based on the lexus owners history. Symptom states that the radio would not turn off. This happened September 13-15. Car electronics are fine, everything works but the remote start. I am wondering if the leak was fixed or not. I am thinking this was an aftermarket windshield issue. May be best to just replace the windshield to be sure. (I am guessing the windshield since I don't know where the ECU is located. I wouldn't think the sunroof drains would be the culprit) I am guessing the passenger side A pillar? Anyone have an ECU layout of the dash?

Anyone have the part number for the remote start ECU so I can order a replacement? I tried the remote start and it didn't work. I have the remote start warning sticker in the engine compartment so I know I am supposed to have it.

Thanks all! If you have an idea on how to test this without getting things wet again, please let me know...or what the best action plan here is...Car was traded in 9/22 so I doubt this leak was fixed..

REPAIR# 0886329 9/15

~C/S THAT THE RADION STAYS ON WHEN THE VEHICLE IS SHUT OFF. CONTINUE DIAG ~|~TECH REMOVED PASS SEAT LIFTED CARPET AND REMOVED TRIM PANELS TO VERIFY CONCERN. ~|~NO ISSUES FOUND AT THIS TIME. TECH CHECKED EVERYTHING AND IT IS ALL WORKING PER DESIGN AT THIS TIME POSSIBLE WATER LEAK FROM AFTERMARKET WINDSHIELD CAUSING THE MODULES TO GET WET AND ACT UP UNTIL MODULES GET DRY.

REPAIR# 0886285 9/13

~C/S THAT THE RADIO STAYS ON WHEN THE VEHICLE IS SHUT OFF. CH ECK AND ADVISE ~|~TECH FOUND THAT THE REMOTE START ECU COULD HAVE INTERNAL FAI LURE. NEEDS MORE DIAG TO CONTINUE ~|~NO CORRECTION AT THIS TIMENON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE

Last edited by ylekiot1; 12-01-17 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-01-17, 10:11 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ylekiot1
I have purchased a 2010 LX.. After looking at the owners history on lexus.com I see an important history item that I should have picked up on before purchase. It looks like it had a water leak that got the remote start ECU wet based on the lexus owners history. Symptom states that the radio would not turn off. This happened September 13-15. Car electronics are fine, everything works but the remote start. I am wondering if the leak was fixed or not. I am thinking this was an aftermarket windshield issue. May be best to just replace the windshield to be sure. (I am guessing the windshield since I don't know where the ECU is located. I wouldn't think the sunroof drains would be the culprit) I am guessing the passenger side A pillar? Anyone have an ECU layout of the dash?

Anyone have the part number for the remote start ECU so I can order a replacement? I tried the remote start and it didn't work. I have the remote start warning sticker in the engine compartment so I know I am supposed to have it.

Thanks all! If you have an idea on how to test this without getting things wet again, please let me know...or what the best action plan here is...Car was traded in 9/22 so I doubt this leak was fixed..

REPAIR# 0886329 9/15

~C/S THAT THE RADION STAYS ON WHEN THE VEHICLE IS SHUT OFF. CONTINUE DIAG ~ ~TECH REMOVED PASS SEAT LIFTED CARPET AND REMOVED TRIM PANELS TO VERIFY CONCERN. ~ ~NO ISSUES FOUND AT THIS TIME. TECH CHECKED EVERYTHING AND IT IS ALL WORKING PER DESIGN AT THIS TIME POSSIBLE WATER LEAK FROM AFTERMARKET WINDSHIELD CAUSING THE MODULES TO GET WET AND ACT UP UNTIL MODULES GET DRY.

REPAIR# 0886285 9/13

~C/S THAT THE RADIO STAYS ON WHEN THE VEHICLE IS SHUT OFF. CH ECK AND ADVISE ~ ~TECH FOUND THAT THE REMOTE START ECU COULD HAVE INTERNAL FAI LURE. NEEDS MORE DIAG TO CONTINUE ~ ~NO CORRECTION AT THIS TIMENON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rem...#post-11072468 has info on the remote control ecu wiring. Click the link on post #22 to download what you need.

hth

Stee