LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2018 LX - 2 Row Option!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-17, 10:39 AM
INLexusRep
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2018 LX - 2 Row Option!!

Just been informed that Lexus will be having a 2 row option available on the 18 LX. No news on pricing or when they will arrive at dealers yet but there are allocations out there that I can see.
Old 11-28-17, 10:55 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by INLexusRep
Just been informed that Lexus will be having a 2 row option available on the 18 LX. No news on pricing or when they will arrive at dealers yet but there are allocations out there that I can see.
Who did the informing?
Old 11-28-17, 10:58 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Kind of strange, but maybe Lexus felt that it was a viable thing to do since three rows is now an option in the 2018 RX?
Old 11-28-17, 11:07 AM
INLexusRep
Driver School Candidate

My Ops manager, I then verified in Dealer Daily. Model number 9625
Old 11-29-17, 11:55 AM
Craigyyy
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/29/...ew-2-row-trim/

Pretty cool. Discount could be bigger, but that's nice.

Those seats take up a lot of space in the back. Wonder if you could add them back later on if you needed.
Old 11-29-17, 12:52 PM
INLexusRep
Driver School Candidate

LA Auto Show Debut

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2017/11/...-la-auto-show/
Old 11-29-17, 04:13 PM
zink
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I noticed that the rear wheel well does not have the chassis brackets that the third row seats attach to. I hope they start selling a cargo mat for the five seat only version so that I can buy one to fill the gaps left after I removed my third row seats! And no rear screens!
Old 12-01-17, 09:42 AM
ccj4
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Must have one

It's like this was done just for me. Have never used a third row, never will, but it's still there because I've never had the nerve to take it out. With two rows, there will be real room for gear, dog stuff and commando shopping. I've been one of those making comments to the Lexus folks for a long time to give us the option of a two-row version. I had planned on keeping my 2010 forever, but for this I will even put up with the newer LX electronics that I do not like (I am a touch screen devotee and like a recessed navigation screen to reduce glare). New windows for the house can wait. And, to top off what is becoming a really wonderful holiday season in my world, In n Out Burger announced they are locating a regional HQ, a processing plant, and their first Colorado restaurant a few miles from my house in Colorado Springs. Will take a few years for the burger joint, but I'll be in my LX two-row SUV on the day they open.
Old 12-01-17, 03:38 PM
zink
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ccj4
It's like this was done just for me. Have never used a third row, never will, but it's still there because I've never had the nerve to take it out. With two rows, there will be real room for gear, dog stuff and commando shopping. I've been one of those making comments to the Lexus folks for a long time to give us the option of a two-row version. I had planned on keeping my 2010 forever, but for this I will even put up with the newer LX electronics that I do not like (I am a touch screen devotee and like a recessed navigation screen to reduce glare). New windows for the house can wait. And, to top off what is becoming a really wonderful holiday season in my world, In n Out Burger announced they are locating a regional HQ, a processing plant, and their first Colorado restaurant a few miles from my house in Colorado Springs. Will take a few years for the burger joint, but I'll be in my LX two-row SUV on the day they open.
It takes less than one hour to remove your third row seats. It's really not difficult. If you are happy with your present LX and removed your seats the only difference between the new model and your current vehicle are two brackets that protrude about 1" from the wheel wells that remain exposed.
Old 12-01-17, 04:13 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zink
It takes less than one hour to remove your third row seats. It's really not difficult. If you are happy with your present LX and removed your seats the only difference between the new model and your current vehicle are two brackets that protrude about 1" from the wheel wells that remain exposed.
QFT.

My 3rd row came out the day I drove her home. I can't see any reason they'll ever go back in, as storage for exploring and backpacking gear is, as you'd expect, much better with them covered in the attic. Removal takes a 14mm socket or box wrench and a basic set of plastic panel removal tools. Seat bolts go back in their holes in the wheel well or you'll get water leaks. Bag and tape the power connectors and tie-wrap them out of the way.

The brackets can be used to tie down a drawer or two, which are next on my list.
Old 01-13-18, 07:43 PM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got back from the Lexus dealer with my brother in law to check out the new 2 row Lx570 and it looks pretty nice. Although, there are no options available so basically all the options that you can add to the three row LX570 (mark levinson, cool box, luxury package and heads up display etc) will not be available to the 2 row. So $86,130 is the base price. Other than that it has retain all the safety feature such as the collision mitigation, pedestrian detection, birds eye view parking, all speed dynamic cruise control and such. It is missing the 2nd row heated and cool seat and best of all no rear entertainment system. New for 2018, the power trunk is automatic when you press the trunk button from the outside like the mercedes and bmw. Wish we have that on the 2017. The rear interior panels looks the same with the exception of a cargo cover in place of the missing third row. I think you can actually swap the panels between the 2 row and 3 row LX570. And yes, my brother in law did buy the only 2 row LX570 they had in stock.
Old 01-14-18, 12:24 AM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

That does not sound good. I would not buy LX without HUD (and probably also without Mark Levinson).
Old 01-14-18, 06:45 AM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
That does not sound good. I would not buy LX without HUD (and probably also without Mark Levinson).
Unfortunately, they don't come with any options at all which seems kind of odd. At least have the options available and let the customer decide whether they want it or not. It appears customer can't build the vehicle the way they want to anymore like the old days. Very disappointing indeed.
Old 01-17-18, 11:54 AM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lex97h
Unfortunately, they don't come with any options at all which seems kind of odd. At least have the options available and let the customer decide whether they want it or not. It appears customer can't build the vehicle the way they want to anymore like the old days. Very disappointing indeed.

Heard about the 2-row variant and got pretty excited about it, as I am a LX fan. After visiting the Lexus site to check out a build for the new 2-row model, I was chagrined to see this. TERRIBLE. By appearances, what they are doing ostensibly is offering a 2-row option to shut up those who don't want 3, but forcing the prospective LX buyer into the 3-row model anyway if you want the good stuff/options. Nothing says SUCK better than this. I'm hoping this is an early-run hiccup, and not a defining moment that will remain for the 2-row.

If it is, they have already killed the 2-row version. At least from the prospect of my pocketbook. I'll go elsewhere. YMMV.
Old 01-17-18, 01:21 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lex97h
Sounds like Toyota may also have cut off most, if not all the port-added options. Going to be interesting if you can still add anything, especially say in the southeast port where they could bolt on all kinds of junk.

I've been here for a couple of years and on mud since 2008. I cannot recall reading a post where someone has ordered the car from Japan through a dealer. Normally, dealers can find the car you want either on the boat, being built at Toyota Auto Body, or will be built at a later time. Could be that you wait a while if TAB is running a batch of Cruisers or LX's for a market other than north America

Last edited by hankinid; 01-17-18 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 2018 LX - 2 Row Option!!