LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Anyone considering of selling their 3rd gen LX?

Old 10-21-17, 03:50 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have any doubt, please visit other forums... Range Rover, MB, Porsche ect... and ask other owners. Purchasing a vehicle is like getting engagement to a lady you want to live with. Will she be a b;'ch and high maintenance, LOL?

How deep is your pocket? and how often do you trade your vehicle? I tend to keep a vehicle for a long time....... 200K miles before purchasing another one. If I were you and keep the vehicle for a long time. I would get a stink brand new one.

Last edited by DocT; 10-21-17 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-21-17, 03:57 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DocT
If you have any doubt, please visit other forums... Range Rover, MB, Porsche ect... and ask other owners. Purchasing a vehicle is like getting engagement to a lady you want to live with. Will she be a b;'ch and high maintenance, LOL?
LOL... I'm not doubting the reliability. It's either a Lexus Vs Toyota dilemma now. I'm waiting for an appraisal of my Bosslady's car right now. Thus, can check this site as I kill some time.

Last edited by SaintLexus; 10-21-17 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-21-17, 04:06 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JMan604
I've recently been reading this subforum just last week and I already know who you're talking about. I'm surprised he hasn't posted yet. Probably eating dinner alone and watching his netflix episodes alone. Sad life.

I've looked at the current used prices on autotrader and they're comparable to brand new discounted 2017's. The norm that I've seen is a fully loaded $99,xxx selling for $87,xxx. The lowest I've seen is a black on black with 1000 miles (probably demo or manager's car) which is selling for $83,xxx near me. You can drive down to SoCal and I'm pretty sure these guys will negotiate with you to get rid of it.
Jman... where is this dealership at or the dealership's name?
Old 10-21-17, 04:13 PM
andreasP
Rookie

Yup! According to Consumer Report, Porches have very high reliability. Why does your friend have to bring to stealership to change the oil?
Yes Porsches have high reliability and very good resale value as well. I've had a Macan S before the LX and currently own a 991 Carrera S and all have been great. The 3 year maintenance plan for the Macan S was $1300 which isn't bad imo.
Old 10-21-17, 04:27 PM
andreasP
Rookie

Originally Posted by SaintLexus

Ladies and Gents...

May be on a Lexus Forum... I'm sure none of you guys will be biased... lol
2014 for over 50K or 2016 for 79K and both are Toyota Land Cruiser
or Should I go for an LX?
Brand new 98K minus 8K dealer offer Vs brandnew Landcruiser for 85K minus discount, which I still have to check.

So for practicality.... please tell me...what would you do?
I think you can't make a mistake with any of the above. Depends what feels right to you. I went with the 2016 LX because I really liked the new design and wanted one car that is off-road capable, comfortable, and reliable. Also I want to keep it for at least 10 years. The difference between it and the Toyota is that the LX is more luxurious, that's it.
btw I got mine new for $84k (MSRP 93k) so I'm sure you can do better especially for a 2017 model.
Old 10-21-17, 04:56 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by andreasP
I think you can't make a mistake with any of the above. Depends what feels right to you. I went with the 2016 LX because I really liked the new design and wanted one car that is off-road capable, comfortable, and reliable. Also I want to keep it for at least 10 years. The difference between it and the Toyota is that the LX is more luxurious, that's it.
btw I got mine new for $84k (MSRP 93k) so I'm sure you can do better especially for a 2017 model.
This is the whole point right here... 84K from 93k...
I'm sure it's possible. It's just a matter of finding the dealer that would be willing to do this.
So this is where the Toyota Vs Lexus dilemma is arising.
If I can find an LX in the 80's this will be the determining factor.
If I do need to go to So. Cal, I'll do just that.
Old 10-21-17, 05:25 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure it's possible. It's just a matter of finding the dealer that would be willing to do this.
If it is just Toyota vs. Lexus, I pick Lexus with luxury any day. As you said the price, some got their in lower 80's but don't have other gadgets in the vehicle like rear entertainment or cooler included. However upper 80's price range with everything would be no problem finding it. You must have to have a patience and cannot rush it. Otherwise, you would get a syndrome of " Buyer Remorse".
Call Lexus of Escondido, CA where I got mine.
Old 10-21-17, 05:49 PM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog98
Maybe Porsche isn't for you then. I bought a 5 year pre paid maintenance plan. Even though I am a Lexus aficionado for 15 years now, I am really enjoying my Macan also.
i have nothing against Porsche so don’t get me wrong. I’ve owned 911, boxster and cayenne’s in the past. I am just giving my opinion regarding high performance vehicles usually would result in high maintenance and poor reliability. It may or may not apply to all manufacturers as each has its fault.

I am just merely stating a few manufacturer that came to mind. Lol
Old 10-21-17, 06:11 PM
andreasP
Rookie

I've bought mine out of state as well. I just located the ones I liked within an 8 hour drive and sent them my offer and made it clear not to contact me unless they are willing to accept it.
Old 10-21-17, 06:51 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I totally agree.

I think Porsche had gotten MUCH better now (and for the last several years). But the maintenance for it is a lot higher vs Lexus ESPECIALLY IF YOU KEEP IT FOR A LONG TIME AND LOTS OF MILEAGE.

Historically the Toyota LC/Lexus LX (and all of it's variants) were designed to run for at least some 25 years (and 300K miles) without any rebuild of its engine and transmission. My old LX470 when I traded in had 280K+ miles (not quit 25 years) proved that Toyota had built these vehicles the right way.

I rather have reliability instead of some gains in "performance". What's the use if you need to call for a tow truck or walk home after you get there? I would much rather do a round trip without any troubles.

How deep is your pocket? and how often do you trade your vehicle? I tend to keep a vehicle for a long time....... 200K miles before purchasing another one. If I were you and keep the vehicle for a long time. I would get a stink brand new one.
Old 10-21-17, 10:56 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by lex97h
i have nothing against Porsche so don’t get me wrong. I’ve owned 911, boxster and cayenne’s in the past. I am just giving my opinion regarding high performance vehicles usually would result in high maintenance and poor reliability. It may or may not apply to all manufacturers as each has its fault.

I am just merely stating a few manufacturer that came to mind. Lol
In the x number of years, I have also noticed that if something (material) is beautiful, fast, cool, it always requires more maintenance than something less. If Porsche has something comparable to the 570, I'd bet a case of Heineken the LX will still be cheaper to maintain; it's in their DNA to be reliable; Porsche's DNA is performance first. Your initial assessment and thereby list of automakers is accurate in terms how they prioritize reliability.

To the thread owner, LC if you want to save some pennies. LX if you have extra pennies. No person will judge you as rich or poor for either purchase. Only haters will make that kind of judgment.
Old 10-22-17, 04:50 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
In the x number of years, I have also noticed that if something (material) is beautiful, fast, cool, it always requires more maintenance than something less. If Porsche has something comparable to the 570, I'd bet a case of Heineken the LX will still be cheaper to maintain; it's in their DNA to be reliable; Porsche's DNA is performance first. Your initial assessment and thereby list of automakers is accurate in terms how they prioritize reliability.

To the thread owner, LC if you want to save some pennies. LX if you have extra pennies. No person will judge you as rich or poor for either purchase. Only haters will make that kind of judgment.
I think it's simplest to define performance as how well the truck does what it was designed to do. Not pull 0.9 gs on a skid pan, nor get from 0 to 100mph in 8 seconds. Fast is definitely fun, but that's why I have a Norton Commando.
Old 10-23-17, 12:14 PM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is in perfect condition, including engine, but will sell it only when new LX is be available.
Old 10-25-17, 12:45 PM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

SaintLexus your message box is full you cant get any private messages.So I cant reply.
Old 10-27-17, 08:16 PM
JMan604
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jman... where is this dealership at or the dealership's name?
Just saw this post. Sent you a PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone considering of selling their 3rd gen LX?