LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Anyone considering of selling their 3rd gen LX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-17, 07:40 AM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The LX570 is one of the few Japanese vehicles that is made in Japan with 100% Japanese parts. And I read somewhere that it also has a dedicated assembly plant. So with that said, the reliability should be solid. Like other members said, if you find the perfect LX don't hesitate to pull the trigger.
Old 10-20-17, 09:01 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Yes, indeed.

Check this article out:
https://www.thenational.ae/arts-cult...uiser-1.183668

Originally Posted by lex97h
The LX570 is one of the few Japanese vehicles that is made in Japan with 100% Japanese parts. And I read somewhere that it also has a dedicated assembly plant. So with that said, the reliability should be solid. Like other members said, if you find the perfect LX don't hesitate to pull the trigger.
Old 10-20-17, 10:01 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by JMan604
I've recently been reading this subforum just last week and I already know who you're talking about. I'm surprised he hasn't posted yet. Probably eating dinner alone and watching his netflix episodes alone. Sad life.

I've looked at the current used prices on autotrader and they're comparable to brand new discounted 2017's. The norm that I've seen is a fully loaded $99,xxx selling for $87,xxx. The lowest I've seen is a black on black with 1000 miles (probably demo or manager's car) which is selling for $83,xxx near me. You can drive down to SoCal and I'm pretty sure these guys will negotiate with you to get rid of it.
More probable that Mom is not home to cook up a batch of fresh hot-pockets.

Black-on-black would be a deal killer for us...we're in an area you could call "heavily agricultural". When we got here wifes beautiful black Acura Legend lasted about 3 months...you could wash the car first thing in the morning and it would be dusty an hour or 2 later. Not to mention a vehicle with fwd only is definitely challenged by a normal Idaho winter, let alone what we saw last year. Wifes LX had no trouble with traction in heavy snow, but when the snow drifts are above the top of the bumper it gets interesting. At that point, I can fix the drifts with a 4wd Kubota with chains...definitely a major PITA and a hell of a job before daybreak as the driveway is ~100 yards long from the house to the street. Only saving grace is that the street is normally plowed.

Originally Posted by SaintLexus
That's hilarious! It was actually more of a rhetorical question. Well, regardless, it still sounds like you guys have raised and still raising them well.

Brand new vehicles, most of the time is a better option, but I think the time is ticking and 3rd gen. will surely be replaced by a newer model. So if I were to buy a brand new LX at this time then here comes the new one, I might have this thing called the "buyer's remorse." But then again, being reasonable here, I have no reservations buying a used Lexus as long as I can see some solid history. European cars, well, it's questionable and debatable!

Anyways, after owning several Benzs, once the warranty expires and regardless how you maintain the car, but if something goes out, the cost to have it repaired is and will be costly whether you bring it to a 3rd party repair shops. Needless to say, I can still say the same thing for the Lexus, the only difference is, you have to abuse and misuse your Lexus before something goes bad and/or they don't go down south as easily if one is to compare it to its competitors.
Thanks for compliment on the kids...interesting to watch them occasionally do the same stupid stuff you did at their age.

We tend to buy our "new" cars after finding something 2-3 years old with good maintenance records...we prefer somebody else eats the depreciation. E.g., we bought a low mileage well maintained 2013 Cruiser in late 2015. Around $48K whereas a new Cruiser was running in the low to mid $85K range. Were it a truck, I could have depreciated it as farm and ranch equipment but our CPA advised that might be a stretch with a 200 series.

The dedicated Land Cruiser and LX assembly shop used to be ARACO. It changed to Toyota Auto Body a year or 3 ago. Both trucks use 100% Japanese content parts. I've seen a lot of posts as to ARACO and TAB requiring 10 or 15 years on other lines to qualify for a transfer to the 200 series line, but I've never heard of Toyota confirming that.
Old 10-20-17, 11:08 AM
lex97h
Rookie

The dedicated Land Cruiser and LX assembly shop used to be ARACO. It changed to Toyota Auto Body a year or 3 ago. Both trucks use 100% Japanese content parts. I've seen a lot of posts as to ARACO and TAB requiring 10 or 15 years on other lines to qualify for a transfer to the 200 series line, but I've never heard of Toyota confirming that.[/QUOTE]

On the 1st Gen LX450 and Landcruiser, there is actually Araco sticker on each of the door panel. Or is it the 2nd Gen?
Old 10-20-17, 12:29 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

On the 1st Gen LX450 and Landcruiser, there is actually Araco sticker on each of the door panel. Or is it the 2nd Gen?
No idea.

Ours is a 2nd gen 2001 LX. The ARACO sticker is on the inside of the hood, to the left and all the way to the rear as you face the open hood.

VIN sticker on the B-pillar simply says "Toyota Motor Corporation".
Old 10-20-17, 08:35 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

If you plan on getting a 1 year old LX, might as well get a year end discounted one for a few grand more then a used one. Plenty of new LX left over starting mid November. Have it ship to you or fly to it and drive it home. Buyer's remorse. You won't hear that on this forum. And for saying that, I suspect you haven't settle down on the value proposition like most of us when it comes to SUV/truck. For a car, that's a different story. But for SUV/trucks, luxury, latest technology, and sport performance are not top priority here. Set your priority, and you will know exactly what you want and willing to buy.

Happy hunting.
The following users liked this post:
hankinid (10-20-17)
Old 10-20-17, 10:29 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
If you plan on getting a 1 year old LX, might as well get a year end discounted one for a few grand more then a used one. Plenty of new LX left over starting mid November. Have it ship to you or fly to it and drive it home. Buyer's remorse. You won't hear that on this forum. And for saying that, I suspect you haven't settle down on the value proposition like most of us when it comes to SUV/truck. For a car, that's a different story. But for SUV/trucks, luxury, latest technology, and sport performance are not top priority here. Set your priority, and you will know exactly what you want and willing to buy.

Happy hunting.
Thanks much for the injection of logic. Some get it directly, others not. Our priority is to arrive where we plan to drive in the boonies more or less on schedule, and to get there and back with no "surprises". Expecting latest tech and sport performance is simply not realizing that Toyota designs the 200 series for a 25 year life cycle.
Old 10-21-17, 08:50 AM
lex97h
Rookie

Originally Posted by hankinid
Thanks much for the injection of logic. Some get it directly, others not. Our priority is to arrive where we plan to drive in the boonies more or less on schedule, and to get there and back with no "surprises". Expecting latest tech and sport performance is simply not realizing that Toyota designs the 200 series for a 25 year life cycle.
Performance equals high maintenance and poor reliability. For example: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and Land Rover.
Old 10-21-17, 12:41 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Performance equals high maintenance and poor reliability. For example: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and Land Rover.
Cana't speak to others besides Porsche, but the 5 Porsches have been very reliable, with few if any problems. Not quite as good as the LX, but no problems worth worrying about.
Old 10-21-17, 01:33 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can eliminate Porsche from your list.
Old 10-21-17, 02:13 PM
lex97h
Rookie

Originally Posted by SaintLexus
Well Porsche may not have poor reliability but it does have high maintenance cost. A friend told me he had to pay $600 for an oil change on a Cayenne.
Old 10-21-17, 02:20 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

😊
Old 10-21-17, 03:01 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup! According to Consumer Report, Porches have very high reliability. Why does your friend have to bring to stealership to change the oil?
Old 10-21-17, 03:02 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Well Porsche may not have poor reliability but it does have high maintenance cost. A friend told me he had to pay $600 for an oil change on a Cayenne.
Maybe Porsche isn't for you then. I bought a 5 year pre paid maintenance plan. Even though I am a Lexus aficionado for 15 years now, I am really enjoying my Macan also.

Last edited by Frog98; 10-21-17 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-21-17, 03:40 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Ladies and Gents...

May be on a Lexus Forum... I'm sure none of you guys will be biased... lol
2014 for over 50K or 2016 for 79K and both are Toyota Land Cruiser
or Should I go for an LX?
Brand new 98K minus 8K dealer offer Vs brandnew Landcruiser for 85K minus discount, which I still have to check.

So for practicality.... please tell me...what would you do?

Quick Reply: Anyone considering of selling their 3rd gen LX?