LED Lights for Running Boards 2014 LX570

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-17, 01:04 PM
huss11
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED Lights for Running Boards 2014 LX570

Hey all,

I've been lurking here for a while and I had a quick question...

I have an LX570 and it's kinda weird that it doesn't come with factory LED running board lights...not even the 2017 ones come with them, neither does the '17 come with 285s...? Lol!

But back to the point...has anyone tried or
know where I can find LED's from...and whether or not they'll be plug and play?

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-10-17, 01:30 PM
amphibia
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by huss11
Hey all,

I've been lurking here for a while and I had a quick question...

I have an LX570 and it's kinda weird that it doesn't come with factory LED running board lights...not even the 2017 ones come with them, neither does the '17 come with 285s...? Lol!

But back to the point...has anyone tried or
know where I can find LED's from...and whether or not they'll be plug and play?

Thanks everyone!
I did. Get under the running board. You will find the light assembly with a tight dust shield with wires going in. Unscrew it with force. The light bulb is just a normal T10 5w halogen bulb. Replace the bulb with name brand T10 LED bulbs and you are done.

Besides the running boards, you can also change out all the halogen bulbs, such as the ones inside the mirrors, interior overhead lamps and door interior panels. I do not recommend 6000k color temp LEDs. Get some in the range of 4-5000K. They are much easier on your eyes at night.
The following users liked this post:
mikedmr (08-03-18)
Old 10-10-17, 01:45 PM
huss11
Rookie

Originally Posted by amphibia
I did. Get under the running board. You will find the light assembly with a tight dust shield with wires going in. Unscrew it with force. The light bulb is just a normal T10 5w halogen bulb. Replace the bulb with name brand T10 LED bulbs and you are done.

Besides the running boards, you can also change out all the halogen bulbs, such as the ones inside the mirrors, interior overhead lamps and door interior panels. I do not recommend 6000k color temp LEDs. Get some in the range of 4-5000K. They are much easier on your eyes at night.
Awesome!

Thank you for the quick reply and suggestion, amphibia.

Regarding the other spots to change the bulbs...do they need the t10 bulb as well? Or do they require a different kind...?

Again, I greatly appreciate the reply back, amphibia.
Old 10-10-17, 10:01 PM
amphibia
Rookie

Awesome!

Thank you for the quick reply and suggestion, amphibia.

Regarding the other spots to change the bulbs...do they need the t10 bulb as well? Or do they require a different kind...?

Again, I greatly appreciate the reply back, amphibia.
if my memory serves me right, in total, you should get 6 pairs of t10 LED bulbs at 5000k color temp. you need 5 but get an extra pair in case.

you need two bulbs of another spec, one for the third row interior head lamp, another for the trump interior light on the right corner of the trunk.
Old 10-11-17, 08:36 AM
huss11
Rookie

if my memory serves me right, in total, you should get 6 pairs of t10 LED bulbs at 5000k color temp. you need 5 but get an extra pair in case.

you need two bulbs of another spec, one for the third row interior head lamp, another for the trump interior light on the right corner of the trunk.
awesome...so I've been looking and I found these on amazon...https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074PPQ6V6/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507733815&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=t10+led+bulb&dpPl=1&dpID=51Kp3AxJeZL&ref=plSrch
Old 10-11-17, 08:37 AM
huss11
Rookie

What do you think about those, amphibia...?

Also, for the other trunk lights and interior lights...do you know the code for those so I can find the right leds...?

Thanks for the replies!
Old 10-11-17, 11:48 AM
amphibia
Rookie

Your amazon link seems like a bargin. My only concern is they look definitely 6000K+ color temp. You might find them annoyingly white at night. I bought mine from a source in Taiwan at 20+USD a pair with the ugliest packaging. But they are in the range of 4500k -5000K for sure.

Worst packaging design

The seller has them in his 2010 Prado

Let me pull as much info for you as I can.

Last edited by amphibia; 10-11-17 at 12:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
vlad353 (11-20-21)
Old 10-11-17, 12:21 PM
huss11
Rookie

Default !

Your amazon link seems like a bargin. My only concern is they look definitely 6000K+ color temp. You might find them annoyingly white at night. I bought mine from a source in Taiwan at 20+USD a pair with the ugliest packaging. But they are in the range of 4500k -5000K for sure.

Worst packaging design

The seller has them in his 2010 Prado

Let me pull as much info for you as I can.

Thank you so much for the information, amphibia...I greatly appreciate your help, sir. I really cannot find a good bargain for bulbs that're less than 6000K...but I think it should be fine because the running board and other dome lights don't come on unless the door is open, therefore you'd need them to be fairly bright.

But I'm kinda stuck because I cant find the codes for the other lights...but I think for now they'll be alright.

Also, is that the '16+ steering wheel on your LX...? I think it actually looks pretty nice...haha!
Old 10-11-17, 12:44 PM
amphibia
Rookie

Thank you so much for the information, amphibia...I greatly appreciate your help, sir. I really cannot find a good bargain for bulbs that're less than 6000K...but I think it should be fine because the running board and other dome lights don't come on unless the door is open, therefore you'd need them to be fairly bright.

But I'm kinda stuck because I cant find the codes for the other lights...but I think for now they'll be alright.

Also, is that the '16+ steering wheel on your LX...? I think it actually looks pretty nice...haha!
Your amazon link is not that expensive. Get them and get a feel. You might find them acceptable.

Well, you noticed the 2016 3-spoke steering wheel. It does require some leads jumping on the function buttons but totally safe in terms of airbag compatibility. The wheel is slightly smaller in diameter. The steering effort is a little greater as a result, but it feels great. It kinda reminds me of my other BMW E90 325i.
Old 10-11-17, 01:10 PM
huss11
Rookie

Default !

Your amazon link is not that expensive. Get them and get a feel. You might find them acceptable.

Well, you noticed the 2016 3-spoke steering wheel. It does require some leads jumping on the function buttons but totally safe in terms of airbag compatibility. The wheel is slightly smaller in diameter. The steering effort is a little greater as a result, but it feels great. It kinda reminds me of my other BMW E90 325i.

Yessir...I'll definitely try them out...and if they don't fit, I can simply return them. I'm also thinking about changing the fog lights in my GS350 from the regular halogen to LED's as well...I know the halogens probably are better in terms of actually using them...but I kinda just want the looks. I already posted a thread on the 4GS side instead of ruining this one. Haha!

Gotcha...so the buttons on the right side of the wheel all work fine with the truck...? But yes, I'm sure it is a little comparable to the E90...gotta love those little 335's...lol! But I'd honestly take a GS450H over the 335...at least style-wise...but I wouldn't mind the e90 335 either.

Thank you again, amphibia for your help...I will definitely let you know how it goes once I pick them up and show you how they look.
Old 10-11-17, 01:37 PM
amphibia
Rookie

Yessir...I'll definitely try them out...and if they don't fit, I can simply return them. I'm also thinking about changing the fog lights in my GS350 from the regular halogen to LED's as well...I know the halogens probably are better in terms of actually using them...but I kinda just want the looks. I already posted a thread on the 4GS side instead of ruining this one. Haha!

Gotcha...so the buttons on the right side of the wheel all work fine with the truck...? But yes, I'm sure it is a little comparable to the E90...gotta love those little 335's...lol! But I'd honestly take a GS450H over the 335...at least style-wise...but I wouldn't mind the e90 335 either.

Thank you again, amphibia for your help...I will definitely let you know how it goes once I pick them up and show you how they look.
Unfortunately, 325i in Asia costs more than 335i in the US. I managed to drive only 20k miles in the past 9 years, but that little inline 6 sucker still gives me a big smile when I take it out. My dream car is still the E46 M3. I might get it for my next overhaul project. If so, I will rebuild the engine, strip down the interior and weld reinforcement pieces to build a rally spec sleeper M3 for the road.

GS is another car I want to get. It is the BMW 540i without the repair bills. Too bad we don't get the GS350/450H at reasonable prices here. Btw, if you want to swap out the fog lamp bulbs, may I suggest the Chinese Cnlight 5000K LED bulbs at less than 100USD a pair. Most toyota/lexus fog lamps require the type H11 bulb socket.

Cnlight is one of the OEM manufacturers behind Philips lighting. They are awesome and reliable, tested thoroughly by our local 4x4 club members running in storm/snow/water crossing. I have them in my fog lamps and my previous Prado 150. I intend to install them on my high beam as soon as I figure out how to deal with the plastic cap that blocks the fan.

This seller seems to ship overseas. https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...428441061.html

Last edited by amphibia; 10-11-17 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-11-17, 02:13 PM
huss11
Rookie

Unfortunately, 325i in Asia costs more than 335i in the US. I managed to drive only 20k miles in the past 9 years, but that little inline 6 sucker still gives me a big smile when I take it out. My dream car is still the E46 M3. I might get it for my next overhaul project. If so, I will rebuild the engine, strip down the interior and weld reinforcement pieces to build a rally spec sleeper M3 for the road.

GS is another car I want to get. It is the BMW 540i without the repair bills. Too bad we don't get the GS350/450H at reasonable prices here. Btw, if you want to swap out the fog lamp bulbs, may I suggest the Chinese Cnlight 5000K LED bulbs at less than 100USD a pair. Most toyota/lexus fog lamps require the type H11 bulb socket.

Cnlight is one of the OEM manufacturers behind Philips lighting. They are awesome and reliable, tested thoroughly by our local 4x4 club members running in storm/snow/water crossing. I have them in my fog lamps and my previous Prado 150. I intend to install them on my high beam as soon as I figure out how to deal with the plastic cap that blocks the fan.

This seller seems to ship overseas. https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...428441061.html

Very true...those I6s' are something else. The E46 is also great...I love it cause its just so different in my opinion. Haha! Over here in the U.S. you can pick one up from around $13-20k.

Oh yes, the GS is amazing...the 3rd gen hybrid goes faster than the current one...lol! And something about the GS...I'd honestly buy a GS over a 550 any day...but for some reason the new body style seems kinda off...the only color I like on it is the Nightfall Mica color.

Also, do you think those bulbs will fit the 4GS, amphibia...? Cause I have a 2013...?
Old 10-11-17, 02:13 PM
huss11
Rookie

But I also just saw that you said you drove 20k miles in one year...how?! Lol!
Old 10-11-17, 02:24 PM
amphibia
Rookie

But I also just saw that you said you drove 20k miles in one year...how?! Lol!
20k miles in 9years. That is right. As soon as I bought my prado in 2011, I fell in love. So my beloved 325i doesn't see much road anymore.
Old 10-11-17, 02:26 PM
amphibia
Rookie

Very true...those I6s' are something else. The E46 is also great...I love it cause its just so different in my opinion. Haha! Over here in the U.S. you can pick one up from around $13-20k.

Oh yes, the GS is amazing...the 3rd gen hybrid goes faster than the current one...lol! And something about the GS...I'd honestly buy a GS over a 550 any day...but for some reason the new body style seems kinda off...the only color I like on it is the Nightfall Mica color.

Also, do you think those bulbs will fit the 4GS, amphibia...? Cause I have a 2013...?
Check with your local Lexus dealer. As long as your fog lamp uses the H11 halogen socket, this LED bulb will fit.

GS and LX570, you must have a tough life choosing which car to drive every morning.

Last edited by amphibia; 10-11-17 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: LED Lights for Running Boards 2014 LX570