LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2017 LX570 Price, buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-17, 10:16 PM
lbotkin1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 LX570 Price, buy?

Looking at 2017 LX570, new.. got the dealer down to 85,500 .. amazing deal? or no?
Also looking at a 2018 Q7, wife is leaning toward the LX as am I ,but the tech in Q is so much better.
Old 10-10-17, 06:26 AM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lbotkin1
Looking at 2017 LX570, new.. got the dealer down to 85,500 .. amazing deal? or no?
Also looking at a 2018 Q7, wife is leaning toward the LX as am I ,but the tech in Q is so much better.
What is the MSRP on it? The LX has a better resale value and reliability than the Q albeit the technology is lacking. It is also a more comfortable ride. I like the Q7 looks but I would for long term reliability I would stick with the LX.
Old 10-10-17, 08:18 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i would honestly stay away from this version of the LX. The next generation willl be coming out soon and should put this one to shame. its a great suv, but with all the new vehicles coming out, especially suvs in next 2 - 3 years, u may end up with buyers remorse and for 80-100 grand, it nots really chump change for 99% of the US population.

if you need a vehicle, then by all means get it. If you can wait, i would wait.
With all the new autonomous technology, electric cars advancing, and NVidia advancing AI chips this will be so out of date in just 3 years.

I want to get rid of my gx and certainly get an lx, but its not that much of change, YET.

jmho.
die hard fools here will tell you otherwise.

Last edited by T4Fun; 10-10-17 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-10-17, 08:39 AM
lbotkin1
Driver School Candidate

MSRP is $98k
I agree with you T4fun, but history is on the side of LX as far as resale goes.. thats what has me leaning toward getting it.
Our 15 X5 was 72k MSRP and its worth 38-42K.
Old 10-10-17, 08:40 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why wait for another 2-3 years? I should wait longer ...10 years and I betcha it will be even better. You don't even need to drive. With your voice command, it will take you to your destination while you can watch your choice of movies, sit comfortably on Lazyboy sofa and eating popcorn.

Buying a car is not an investment, it is a big boy toy.

Last edited by DocT; 10-10-17 at 08:56 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DocT:
Chocolate (10-10-17), Max707 (10-12-17)
Old 10-10-17, 12:14 PM
Chc4au
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a great deal to me. I bought an LX in June List $98,975 got $11,000 off.
If you are upgrading to an LX you won't be disappointed.
Old 10-10-17, 10:20 PM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was in ur situation a year ago. Drove the Q7 which is a fine car but it is similar to many other cars and it drives like a car. Drove the LX and it drove like an suv, but a very special SUV like a top of the range one. Very few would top it really, however once you add reliably and care about reliably and longevity then nothing really is better. Good luck with your decision.
Old 10-11-17, 11:33 PM
llcc1975
Pole Position

Close to $13k off MSRP sounds like a pretty solid deal to me. I got mine for a little more of a discount than that because mine was a "Program Car." Not exactly sure what that means other than it was driven for about 500 miles at some sporting event but still sold as new. As between this and a Q7, I'm biased of course since I bought this, but I would not go with the Q. It is a nice crossover but it is not as reliable, does not have the same resale value (like others have said) and I think interior space is a good amount less in the Q versus the LX (notwithstanding the LX's fold up third row seats).
Old 10-12-17, 06:02 AM
T4Fun
Racer

It's like everyone here said the only thing going for the LX is reliability other than that there's nothing special about it. U shouldn't be buying a vehicle just for resale value because everything will be worthless in 10 years anyway. Check out the Range Rover Sport and the Jeep trackhawk great vehicles and handle and outperform this in every way
Old 10-12-17, 07:28 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
It's like everyone here said the only thing going for the LX is reliability other than that there's nothing special about it. U shouldn't be buying a vehicle just for resale value because everything will be worthless in 10 years anyway. Check out the Range Rover Sport and the Jeep trackhawk great vehicles and handle and outperform this in every way
I can not think of more Unreliable vehicles than your suggested Range Rover and Jeep!

Great vehicles? LOL!
The following 3 users liked this post by ggebhardt:
bluewaterb (10-12-17), Chocolate (10-16-17), fosterelli (11-25-17)
Old 10-12-17, 07:41 AM
lex97h
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

lets not think about resale value for a moment because some will sell it so let’s talk reliability here. What good is a vehicle if it spends most of its time at the shop getting repaired.

I’ve owned a Range Rover and believe me it’s a piece of junk. It needed repair so often that I got rid of it in less than a year. Resale value? I lost almost $20k in the Range Rover during the one year ownership.

Although cars are not an investment, but you buy it to drive and not for it to be spending more time broken down in the shop.
Old 10-12-17, 09:02 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you like the performance of RR or Jeep, please go out to get one and come back in 1 year later to let us know. Please be advised, buying a car is not investment. Unless it is a collectible car.

Last edited by DocT; 10-12-17 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-12-17, 12:06 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Neither the TrackHog nor the RR Sport outperform the LX. They may pull more G's on a skidpad, but if you're excited about that you'll be less than excited about either ones off-road performance compared to the LX or Land Cruiser.

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I can not think of more Unreliable vehicles than your suggested Range Rover and Jeep!

Great vehicles? LOL!
Not just LOL but ROTFLM**Off.

Originally Posted by DocT
If you like the perform of RR or Jeep, please go out to get one and come back in 1 year later to let us know. Please be advised, buying a car is not investment. Unless it is a collectible car.
RR is made in India by Tata. Jeep is owned by Fiat, not exactly the company you think about when reliability is discussed...to say the least.
The following 2 users liked this post by hankinid:
bluewaterb (10-12-17), Chocolate (10-16-17)
Old 10-12-17, 12:31 PM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

die hard fools here will tell you otherwise.
Its better to be a die hard fool than a wana be LX owner trolling the LX forum wishing he had one. And if you actually had one you would be a die hard fool also!
The following 4 users liked this post by tlhicks:
bluewaterb (10-12-17), Chocolate (10-16-17), Frog98 (10-12-17), Max707 (10-12-17)
Old 10-16-17, 06:27 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by tlhicks
Its better to be a die hard fool than a wana be LX owner trolling the LX forum wishing he had one. And if you actually had one you would be a die hard fool also!
Lets not get touchy or personal here folks. There is no requirement to own a lx to be be posting here, so shut your piehole....

Anyone can buy this brick, so 2ndly stop right there..

3rdly you people dont read my posts carefully. NO one said anything about reliability.

4th, what measure to do have for offroad capability? Stop posting BS. Virtually any car based suv can go offroad these days. If you climbing bolders or huge locks, even the LX cannot handle that. The little old jeep wrangler Rubicon will put it to shame.

Quick Reply: 2017 LX570 Price, buy?