LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2017 LX570 Price, buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-17, 10:35 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lbotkin1
Looking at 2017 LX570, new.. got the dealer down to 85,500 .. amazing deal? or no?
Also looking at a 2018 Q7, wife is leaning toward the LX as am I ,but the tech in Q is so much better.
We were exactly in your same shoes a year ago! We loved the tech in the Q7 for the most part (though it arguably lacks in other areas on this front - think rear entertainment) but were otherwise underwhelmed. We had a 2010 LX and really didn't need to "upgrade", until the itch came back earlier in the year. Long story short, we got a '17 LX and have not regretted it once.

On to your question, I got about $9k off MSRP at the time, and that was so aggressive at the time, that no single other dealer I spoke with wanted to touch it. From that standpoint, considering a '17 is now a "left over", I think you're in a solid spot though I'd push to get closer to $85k if at all possible.
Old 10-21-17, 10:40 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

Guys, knock it off, please! OP has posted a whole four times on CL, and we are - by far - the most helpful AND civilized car forum I belong to.

T4Fun, based on prior exchanges on the subject, I know where you're coming from - indeed, the LX is a bit "long in the tooth". However, the '16+ updates really have brought it much closer to the times (by Lexus standards... heck, we know have BSM), and while you have made valid points on this over time, IMHO, your use of the word "fool" is what unleashed this - not criticizing you or judging, just observing.
Old 10-25-17, 05:13 AM
LZMF1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you can afford it, do it

I picked up my 3rd LX570 on Monday and I absolutely love it. My previous one was a 2014 and this current one is 100X nicer. Sticker price was 98K USD.
Old 10-25-17, 07:15 AM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LZMF1
I picked up my 3rd LX570 on Monday and I absolutely love it. My previous one was a 2014 and this current one is 100X nicer. Sticker price was 98K USD.
I am also on my 3rd LX. I paid the same price for my 2017
Old 10-28-17, 10:11 AM
Ashron
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

2017 LX570 Price, buy?-img_5633.jpgJust purchased a brand new 2017 LX for $18K off sticker. (And bid farewell to my 2010 trusty LX with 155,000 miles on it)
Sticker was $98,200.00. Lexus is giving dealers a $9K incentive to blow out the remaining 2017 LXs.
Best I could get on a 2018 LX was 12K off sticker.
Saving $6K was worth it. Anything less than $3-4K in savings and I would have gone with the 2018. 2017 and 2018 LX are the same car. No changes for 2018.
I wasn't sure about upgrading since there was nothing wrong with my old LX and I wasn't sure from test driving the new one that it was worth the upgrade. I was wrong, it's well worth it. Although its a second refresh, its much improved.
The following users liked this post:
ERC4 (11-02-17)
Old 10-28-17, 12:07 PM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashron
Attachment 468719Just purchased a brand new 2017 LX for $18K off sticker. (And bid farewell to my 2010 trusty LX with 155,000 miles on it)
Sticker was $98,200.00. Lexus is giving dealers a $9K incentive to blow out the remaining 2017 LXs.
Saving $6K was worth it. Anything less than $3-4K in savings and I would have gone with the 2018. 2017 and 2018 LX are the same car. No changes for 2018.
I wasn't sure about upgrading since there was nothing wrong with my old LX and I wasn't sure from test driving the new one that it was worth the upgrade. I was wrong, it's well worth it. Although its a second refresh, its much improved.
Great purchase at an awesome price. I think you can call it value for the money. From looking at the both LXs side by side you could say it's totally new. Enjoy it.
Old 10-28-17, 01:41 PM
lbotkin1
Driver School Candidate

smoking deal.. how much in trade did they give?
It was like pulling teeth to get mine for 85.. I contacted dealers all over the southeast.
The dealer I bought from only had 3 left, he had 10 a month ago.
Im thrilled, we really love our LX..
Old 10-30-17, 07:29 AM
Ashron
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I had just over 155K miles on mine and they gave me $23,500 for it. Retail on it was about 26K. So definitely a fair deal. I could have waited to sell it on my own for more, but by the time that might have taken place the 2017s would most likely have been sold out. Given the huge discount on the new one I was OK with $23,500 for the trade in. I've been driving it for just over a week now and the more I drive it the more I love it. Well worth the upgrade. I have family coming in to town in December and we're planning to drive to the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion National Parks and Vegas of course! It will be my first long drive in my new LX. Can't wait. I drove the old one all over the western states (you can see some of my pictures on the thread called "LX picture of the day" or something like that)
Old 10-30-17, 12:39 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

It's a nice drive. We did it multiple times.

In the higher elevations, you might want to carry snow chains just in case. Also some parts maybe closed down due to weather regardless if you have snow chains or not. Always check before you go.

Have fun!!!

I had just over 155K miles on mine and they gave me $23,500 for it. Retail on it was about 26K. So definitely a fair deal. I could have waited to sell it on my own for more, but by the time that might have taken place the 2017s would most likely have been sold out. Given the huge discount on the new one I was OK with $23,500 for the trade in. I've been driving it for just over a week now and the more I drive it the more I love it. Well worth the upgrade. I have family coming in to town in December and we're planning to drive to the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion National Parks and Vegas of course! It will be my first long drive in my new LX. Can't wait. I drove the old one all over the western states (you can see some of my pictures on the thread called "LX picture of the day" or something like that)
Old 11-01-17, 10:17 AM
insite4U
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T4Fun
i would honestly stay away from this version of the LX. The next generation willl be coming out soon and should put this one to shame. its a great suv, but with all the new vehicles coming out, especially suvs in next 2 - 3 years, u may end up with buyers remorse and for 80-100 grand, it nots really chump change for 99% of the US population.

if you need a vehicle, then by all means get it. If you can wait, i would wait.
With all the new autonomous technology, electric cars advancing, and NVidia advancing AI chips this will be so out of date in just 3 years.

I want to get rid of my gx and certainly get an lx, but its not that much of change, YET.

jmho.
die hard fools here will tell you otherwise.
That can about always be said, and remember. you don't want a first year production, right? Give them two years to work out the gremlins

We bought our 2017 LX570, (black with Cabernet red interior...absolutely gorgeous), about 4 months ago. My wife can't stop thanking me for buying it.👍🏼

It has made road trips a breeze. It can go anywhere. We look forward to hitting the road whenever we can.

Compared to Infinity? No way, the Lexus ride is so so far superior. You truly get what you pay for.

That is a really good price...we paid about $10k more, and they're all basically trimmed out the same.
Old 11-02-17, 05:23 PM
lansonrx
Driver School Candidate

Attachment 468719Just purchased a brand new 2017 LX for $18K off sticker. (And bid farewell to my 2010 trusty LX with 155,000 miles on it)
Hi, Congrats on your new LX!!! Are you located in southern Cali? I am looking to purchase a new 2017 or 18 LX as well. Can you let me know which dealership and sale person you bought the LX? Thanks
Old 11-02-17, 07:12 PM
ERC4
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=Ashron;10017416]Attachment 468719Just purchased a brand new 2017 LX for $18K off sticker. (And bid farewell to my 2010 trusty LX with 155,000 miles on it)

Ashron, Thanks very much for this post. I saw it last night and began searching inventory in So Cal. Made a list of 5 colors and MSRPs that looked good. My first call was to Newport Lexus and spoke to Anthony Troxler. He wasn't aware of the 9k from Lexus corporate but said he would check. He called back in 5 minutes and confirmed the 9k and said 18k off MSRP was doable. I drove up from San Diego and picked out an Atomic Silver with black leather with a $96,375 sticker since I didn't want the rear entertainment and some of the other extras. Mine's got HUD, Luxury Package, Levinson Audio, Heated Dark Wood steering wheel, and cross bars. That's all I need. Anthony said he's been with Lexus for 8 years and has never seen a deal this good. He was phenomenal to deal with for anyone in So Cal. Thanks again Ashron.
Old 11-02-17, 08:31 PM
lansonrx
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=ERC4;10021699]

Ashron, Thanks very much for this post. I saw it last night and began searching inventory in So Cal. Made a list of 5 colors and MSRPs that looked good. My first call was to Newport Lexus and spoke to Anthony Troxler. He wasn't aware of the 9k from Lexus corporate but said he would check. He called back in 5 minutes and confirmed the 9k and said 18k off MSRP was doable. I drove up from San Diego and picked out an Atomic Silver with black leather with a $96,375 sticker since I didn't want the rear entertainment and some of the other extras. Mine's got HUD, Luxury Package, Levinson Audio, Heated Dark Wood steering wheel, and cross bars. That's all I need. Anthony said he's been with Lexus for 8 years and has never seen a deal this good. He was phenomenal to deal with for anyone in So Cal. Thanks again Ashron.
Hi erc4, Thanks for the info. I will give him a call.
Old 11-03-17, 09:35 AM
ERC4
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=lansonrx;10021755]
Originally Posted by ERC4
Hi erc4, Thanks for the info. I will give him a call.
Good luck. There were 2 17s left when I drove off the lot. My first name is Gene if you'd like to tell him we spoke.
Old 01-31-18, 03:55 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
Neither the TrackHog nor the RR Sport outperform the LX. They may pull more G's on a skidpad, but if you're excited about that you'll be less than excited about either ones off-road performance compared to the LX or Land Cruiser.

Not just LOL but ROTFLM**Off.

RR is made in India by Tata. Jeep is owned by Fiat, not exactly the company you think about when reliability is discussed...to say the least.
nobody needs an out dated body on frame Toyota Land Cruiser or Lexus LX 570 these vehicles are dinosaurs there 6000 pounds and built like a brick **** house Toyotas chief engineer has stated that the platform is built to last 25 years of service in a Third World country. There’s a few of us diehards that love the concept of a super high-quality dependable most reliable tank on the road. No millennials won’t like it because it’s not a computer on wheels. It’s a tank like the Mercedes G wagon but unlike the G wagon it’s reliable, built to a higher quality standard. Yes its only for wealthy people or very well inform consumers to buy them used with 100k plus miles because they are just starting to get broken in at that point.

Quick Reply: 2017 LX570 Price, buy?