2017 LX570 Price, buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-17, 06:36 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I have a question:

How many UNMODIFIED STOCK SUV can do the following:
I really DOUBT any "CAR BASED SUV" can do the following.

NOTE that the Audi Q7 got drowned and stuck and declared DOA.

The MB ML just went around the water!!!

LX570, YES!!! The LX570 even towed a full sized van through the water!!

How about the following RIVER CROSSING in an LX570? YES, NO PROBLEMS!!! TRY that in ANY of the "CAR BASED SUV"??

Or how about the following:. Granted this LX570 got bigger tires, but even if you put bigger tires on any "CAR BASED SUV", I doubt it can make it to the top of the hill

Lastly I would like to see a "car based SUV" to try the following (modified or not):

Originally Posted by T4Fun
Lets not get touchy or personal here folks. There is no requirement to own a lx to be be posting here, so shut your piehole....

Anyone can buy this brick, so 2ndly stop right there..

3rdly you people dont read my posts carefully. NO one said anything about reliability.

4th, what measure to do have for offroad capability? Stop posting BS. Virtually any car based suv can go offroad these days. If you climbing bolders or huge locks, even the LX cannot handle that. The little old jeep wrangler Rubicon will put it to shame.

Last edited by lexusrus; 10-16-17 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-16-17, 07:43 AM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Lets not get touchy or personal here folks. There is no requirement to own a lx to be be posting here, so shut your piehole....

Anyone can buy this brick, so 2ndly stop right there..

3rdly you people dont read my posts carefully. NO one said anything about reliability.

4th, what measure to do have for offroad capability? Stop posting BS. Virtually any car based suv can go offroad these days. If you climbing bolders or huge locks, even the LX cannot handle that. The little old jeep wrangler Rubicon will put it to shame.
So you insult all LX owners on a LX forum and then are surprised when we don't take your crap. Duh, Haters gona Hate, Trollers gona Troll, your good at both must come naturally.

Virtually any car based suv can go offroad these days
The dirt road to your trailer really doesn't count you know.
Old 10-16-17, 07:43 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

if you need a vehicle, then by all means get it. If you can wait, i would wait.
With all the new autonomous technology, electric cars advancing, and NVidia advancing AI chips this will be so out of date in just 3 years.
die hard fools here will tell you otherwise.

Check out the Range Rover Sport and the Jeep trackhawk great vehicles and handle and outperform this in every way
Old 10-16-17, 08:18 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I have a question:

How many UNMODIFIED STOCK SUV can do the following:
I really DOUBT any "CAR BASED SUV" can do the following.

NOTE that the Audi Q7 got drowned and stuck and declared DOA.

The MB ML just went around the water!!!

LX570, YES!!! The LX570 even towed a full sized van through the water!!

https://youtu.be/rCE5DHd0ZFU

How about the following RIVER CROSSING in an LX570? YES, NO PROBLEMS!!! TRY that in ANY of the "CAR BASED SUV"??

https://youtu.be/sNM2Aab4YrU

Or how about the following:. Granted this LX570 got bigger tires, but even if you put bigger tires on any "CAR BASED SUV", I doubt it can make it to the top of the hill
https://youtu.be/Q7lRCEUq91U

Lastly I would like to see a "car based SUV" to try the following (modified or not):

https://youtu.be/DB-5d-sd2bQ
snorkel is all that is needed. Kind of like the Rest of the bs here lol.
Old 10-16-17, 02:28 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Please pay attention........

All but the last video are UNMODIFIED (STOCK WHICH MEANS NO SNORKEL).

More below with NO SNORKEL and the Land Rover Discovery FAILED and drowned. The trusty old prior gen LX470 TOWED IT OUT OF THE WATER!

One more below where NO SNORKELs. The Jeep Rubicon got stuck stuck in the snow. Even the Lexus GX460 got stuck too. The LX570, MB G Wagen, and the old rusty Land Rover Defender got through without any issues. Considering the longer wheel base and all that extra weight of the LX570 VS ALL THE OTHERS, IT'S JUST INCREDIBLE THE LX570 made it without any issues. Try that with a "CAR BASED SUV".

II think I've proven my point.

Originally Posted by tlhicks
Its better to be a die hard fool than a wana be LX owner trolling the LX forum wishing he had one. And if you actually had one you would be a die hard fool also!
snorkel is all that is needed. Kind of like the Rest of the bs here lol.

Last edited by lexusrus; 10-16-17 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-16-17, 07:55 PM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Please pay attention........

All but the last video are UNMODIFIED (STOCK WHICH MEANS NO SNORKEL).

More below with NO SNORKEL and the Land Rover Discovery FAILED and drowned. The trusty old prior gen LX470 TOWED IT OUT OF THE WATER!
https://youtu.be/XthgezbSCJ0

One more below where NO SNORKELs. The Jeep Rubicon got stuck stuck in the snow. Even the Lexus GX460 got stuck too. The LX570, MB G Wagen, and the old rusty Land Rover Defender got through without any issues. Considering the longer wheel base and all that extra weight of the LX570 VS ALL THE OTHERS, IT'S JUST INCREDIBLE THE LX570 made it without any issues. Try that with a "CAR BASED SUV".

II think I've proven my point.

https://youtu.be/8gVNbTPrDkA
What the LX570 does is nothing short of impressive. Regarding the front bumper and the size of the rims, if you don't mind scratching them, they appear not to hinder its offroading capabilities. There is a reason why the main market of this vehicle is Australia, the Middle East, and Russia. It's just dependable to go everywhere and luxurious at the same time. And here I'm considering getting the face lifted 2018 Range Rover, I'm not sure what am I thinking.
Old 10-16-17, 08:29 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

In the USA, very few of us would take our LX570 to the extremes like that. Maybe when the LX570 is greater than 10 years old?

When I traded my old 2000 LX470 with 280K+ miles back in 2000 for the 2013 LX570, It still got good outside paint and intact EXCELLENT leathets/carpets. Literally the next day my old LX470 WAS AT THE PORT in Long Beach CA ready to be shipped to overseas!!!

Also if you look into why United Nations buys and uses Toyota LC' (or it's variants) almost exclusively for use in it's operations in extreme corners of the world, you will understand. The logic is very simple....... whenever there are people shooting at your vehicles, the quicker you can get OUTA THERE WITHOUT BREAKING DOWN THE BETTER CHANCE OF YOU SURVIVING!!!

Originally Posted by andreasP
What the LX570 does is nothing short of impressive. Regarding the front bumper and the size of the rims, if you don't mind scratching them, they appear not to hinder its offroading capabilities. There is a reason why the main market of this vehicle is Australia, the Middle East, and Russia. It's just dependable to go everywhere and luxurious at the same time. And here I'm considering getting the face lifted 2018 Range Rover, I'm not sure what am I thinking.
Old 10-17-17, 04:24 AM
T4Fun
Racer

I don't care how reliable it is. Fact of matter it is a suv that is behind the times. U people are living in the past.
Old 10-17-17, 04:55 AM
tlhicks
Driver

I want to get rid of my gx and certainly get an lx,
Talking all that crap yet you want one. LOL. hypocrite!
Old 10-17-17, 04:57 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Talking all that crap yet you want one. LOL. hypocrite!

not yet u fool. I will get one, but not this version of it.

the videos above just testament to what kind of idiots people are! LX or no LX. No one here will break me.

show the videos where LX gets stuck people! plenty out there.
Old 10-17-17, 05:03 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Old 10-17-17, 05:09 AM
tlhicks
Driver

not yet u fool. I will get one, but not this version of it.

the videos above just testament to what kind of idiots people are! LX or no LX. No one here will break me.

show the videos where LX gets stuck people! plenty out there.
Your drooling over the LX of the future and hating on all current LX owners at the same time. Yet we are fools for already having a proven version of what you are yearning for. And if you didn't like the current and past LX there is no way you would want a future version of it. You crack me up. Keep commenting, your BS is getting deeper and deeper. I love it. Very entertaining!
Old 10-17-17, 05:16 AM
andreasP
Rookie

I don't care how reliable it is. Fact of matter it is a suv that is behind the times. U people are living in the past.
Well we are pleased with our LXs and happy with our choices. You seem to be just miserable and contempt maybe because the LX doesn't offer what you like. Just move on and get whatever you think suits you. If there is a next generation of LX and we like it, I think many here will get it but there is no reason not to enjoy the current one.
Old 10-17-17, 05:20 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Your drooling over the LX of the future and hating on all current LX owners at the same time. Yet we are fools for already having a proven version of what you are yearning for. And if you didn't like the current and past LX there is no way you would want a future version of it. You crack me up. Keep commenting, your BS is getting deeper and deeper. I love it. Very entertaining!
The bs from u is amazing pal. Yeah i want a lx so can be at same dirt level as u? Gimme a break. I dont suck on lexus cause its a lexus. Proven version of what? ARe u one the people here driving your money? LX aint nothing boss. Its just sheet metal like any other...
Old 10-17-17, 05:27 AM
andreasP
Rookie

You do realize that the first video actually shows how good the LX is if you are ever stuck. This shows how good the crawl control is to free you.

Quick Reply: 2017 LX570 Price, buy?