LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Interesting Find on '16 LX

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-17, 10:47 PM
LamCars
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting Find on '16 LX

I'm not sure if maybe you guys might've known or not but if you press the lock button on the key fob twice and hold it, you can remotely start the car. Whether it is helpful for you or not, I thought it would be cool to share. I actually did not know as I thought you could only start it within the Lexus Enform App. If you guys know of any other cool "easter-eggs" please share!
The following users liked this post:
ClaytonW (09-28-17)
Old 09-28-17, 05:49 AM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Wow! That really works! I did not know it. Thank you. I had to press the lock button twice, then press the lock button again and hold (tested on '16 LX).
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (09-28-17)
Old 09-28-17, 07:12 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

It didn't work for me. Are the steps as follows?

1. Press the Lock button on the remote.
2. Press the Lock button again and hold it.
3. The care starts remotely.

or do I hold the lock on the third press?
Old 09-28-17, 08:51 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did not work on mine either! Do you still subscribe Lexus Enform?
Old 09-28-17, 11:19 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by LamCars
I'm not sure if maybe you guys might've known or not but if you press the lock button on the key fob twice and hold it, you can remotely start the car. Whether it is helpful for you or not, I thought it would be cool to share. I actually did not know as I thought you could only start it within the Lexus Enform App. If you guys know of any other cool "easter-eggs" please share!
Remote start is a port added option and afaik for an LX it's common. It goes back to at leas 2013 as my '13 Land Cruiser has the same system with a little decal on the drivers side window.
Old 09-28-17, 11:20 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LamCars
Remote start is a port-added option and afaik for an LX it's common. It goes back to at least 2013 as my '13 Land Cruiser has the same system with a little decal on the drivers side window. The system is independent of Enform as all you need is a the remote.

Last edited by hankinid; 09-29-17 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-29-17, 05:42 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

I have the 16 LX. The remote start only works when I had the Enform during the first year. The remote key restart didn't work for me. As Hankinid said, there are two complete systems. For those of you can remote start from the remote key, it must had the option installed. My GX came with that option, they have a stick on the window, as well as a small stick on the remote key.
Old 09-29-17, 12:39 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Surprise-- the remote start with the key fob works on my 2016 Lx

Originally Posted by hzhao
I have the 16 LX. The remote start only works when I had the Enform during the first year. The remote key restart didn't work for me. As Hankinid said, there are two complete systems. For those of you can remote start from the remote key, it must had the option installed. My GX came with that option, they have a stick on the window, as well as a small stick on the remote key.
Surprise! So, I just tried the press the lock button twice, then hold, and my car flashed the lights and then started remotely. I have remote started through the Lexus Enform App, but did not know that you could remote start using the key fob alone. It must be standard equipment---- I don't recall that there was any option listed on my 2016 LX, purchased November 2015.
Old 09-29-17, 01:32 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I find this "feature" worthless, because the vehicle shuts off when you open the door. By making you start the vehicle twice, you will put more wear on the starter motor (a weak point on these vehicles that sometimes needs replacing around the 100-120k mark).

However, you can lock the LX with the manual key once you start it manually. The 5.7 is so thirsty that I wouldn't leave the engine running for more than a minute.

Last edited by Chocolate; 09-29-17 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-29-17, 03:32 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chocolate
I find this "feature" worthless, because the vehicle shuts off when you open the door. By making you start the vehicle twice, you will put more wear on the starter motor (a weak point on these vehicles that sometimes needs replacing around the 100-120k mark).

However, you can lock the LX with the manual key once you start it manually. The 5.7 is so thirsty that I wouldn't leave the engine running for more than a minute.
If you find it worthless, just don't use it. Simple. Try "more than a minute" in the winter when you're in single digits. AC is strong enough in 100+ temps here that you'll get cool after about a minute with the windows down. If I were back in Texas where the relative humidity often equals or exceeds the outside temperature, I'd say intercourse the starter and the extra gas.
Old 09-29-17, 04:12 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some work and some don't. Could any one explain why my SUV is different than yours, I paid the same price?
Old 09-29-17, 05:48 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I don't know about the newer LX570's. But on our 2013 LX570, the key fob remote start is an optional feature. We thought we absolutely had to have it bc it SOMETIMES get a little hot in SoCal. So during our initial search at the time this really limited our selection bc we wanted a pearl white with beige interior and ALL OPTIONS CHECKED.

After using the remote key fob start a few times and due to the fact the engine shuts off as soon as you open any of the doors, we had not routinely continue to use it. We found that with 3M Crystalline window tints ALL AROUND including the windshield....... even in the hot sun for hours without putting up the reflective windshield shade, the SUV is not that hot at all and cools down literally in just a couple of minutes with the AC. Now, this is totally different in COLD FREEZING TEMPERATURES as we went to RENO/Lake Tahoe/Denver Colorado during the winter.......the key fob remote start worked wonders to have the SUV warm and toasty waiting for us.

Originally Posted by DocT
Some work and some don't. Could any one explain why my SUV is different than yours, I paid the same price?
Old 09-29-17, 06:47 PM
wasupdu
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not having much luck remote starting our '16 LX with an expired subscription. I was planning to get a seperate remote starter installed, but even if we kept the vehicle for 7-8 years, it probably wouldn't pay for itself based on the subscription prices if I only activate it for the winter months. Plus, my wife would most often be remote starting from the app, so I'll likely subscribe for Dec - Mar at $16/mo(upper Midwest) although I still feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick.
Old 09-29-17, 09:37 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Chocolate

That in my book, is worthless too. I never had remote start and probably will never use it in coastal Texas.Just thought it might be a neat feature, but I don't even use the app thingy. The last thing I want to do is fumble with my phone to start my car or whatever on that Lexus app. Just open the door when I pull the handle, start the car when I press start, and don't let anybody do anything to it unless I give them permit. Easy enough for me.
Old 09-30-17, 12:43 AM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by DocT
I am not sure if all people do it right. Press and release the lock button twice. Then press it third time and hold. It should start.

Quick Reply: Interesting Find on '16 LX