Front Blower motor problems - Please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-17, 11:46 AM
rishsngh
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Blower motor problems - Please help

Hi,
I own a 2009 lx570 and recently when I used to turn on the fan for the front row there used to be a grinding noise from the front passanger dash board side. When I use to select the high blower setting the noise used to decrease. Then I recently changed the cabin air filter located in the dashboard. I found a baby squirrel which was frightening but I still managed to clean the filter area which had a lot of nest stuff with a new filter. Then when I tuned on the front blower, the noise increased and the blower turned off. Since then whenever I used turn on the front blower on it the same noise and turns off automatically.
Its hard to drive around with any fan but then I played around and found that the rear blower is independent and operates Independently so I have been using that since then. I will be taking it to a dealer but any suggestions as to what happened or has any one suffered the same issue.
Please help.
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-02-17, 03:03 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by rishsngh
Hi,
I own a 2009 lx570 and recently when I used to turn on the fan for the front row there used to be a grinding noise from the front passanger dash board side. When I use to select the high blower setting the noise used to decrease. Then I recently changed the cabin air filter located in the dashboard. I found a baby squirrel which was frightening but I still managed to clean the filter area which had a lot of nest stuff with a new filter. Then when I tuned on the front blower, the noise increased and the blower turned off. Since then whenever I used turn on the front blower on it the same noise and turns off automatically.
Its hard to drive around with any fan but then I played around and found that the rear blower is independent and operates Independently so I have been using that since then. I will be taking it to a dealer but any suggestions as to what happened or has any one suffered the same issue.
Please help.
Thanks in advance!
It sounds like you may still have squirrel or squirrel nest remains in the blower area.
Old 09-03-17, 09:08 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

How does a squirrel get in this area?
Old 09-03-17, 04:49 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
How does a squirrel get in this area?
Perhaps the vehicle doesn't get parked in a garage. Rodents look for a cozy place to nest and they find the LX. If it were my LX, I'd crawl under the truck with under body metal removed and look for rodent damage to wire harnesses...another favorite to gnaw on. ;
Old 09-09-17, 02:44 AM
lotus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My 2008 sometimes squeals like a banshee for a couple seconds when I turn on the front HVAC. It also kinda grumbles when the fan is on the lowest setting. There is also a constant vibration in the steering wheel when the HVAC is on, regardless of fan speed or compressor state. Figured the blower wheel was losing solid connection to the motor or an alignment issue, but haven't dug into it yet.
Old 09-10-17, 07:28 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Jesus. Was it Alive?
Old 09-21-17, 08:11 PM
rishsngh
Rookie

Originally Posted by hankinid
It sounds like you may still have squirrel or squirrel nest remains in the blower area.
Would you happen to know where the blower motor assembly is. Is it just one complete assembly or is it few places i should look for. Any idea on where to start looking under the hood or is that the wrong spot to start from??
Didn't get a chance to take it to the shop but took for a spin last night and still the same. In fact now its just not working. I just turned on the front HVAC to turn on the AC as the rear works works independently but you have to turn on the front for AC.
Thanks
Old 09-21-17, 08:15 PM
rishsngh
Rookie

Originally Posted by hankinid
Perhaps the vehicle doesn't get parked in a garage. Rodents look for a cozy place to nest and they find the LX. If it were my LX, I'd crawl under the truck with under body metal removed and look for rodent damage to wire harnesses...another favorite to gnaw on. ;
I should! Now it makes sense that why my front fog lights are not working. Even though the fog light symbol comes on speedometer but they don't turn on. My mechanic had look, he said he would have remove the front panel to access it. Lexus should have made access easy.