Ugly front license plate - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

LX - 3rd Gen (2008-present) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Ugly front license plate

Old 09-17-17, 08:49 PM   #31
Bimmer32
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhicks View Post
I call BS on "Contrary to popular belief, police don't pull you over just because you have a nice vehicle to give you a hard time". uhh, they do if you are black! And its "popular belief" for a reason. As a successful Black Man that has always driven nice vehicles. I have been pulled over more times than I can count while committing no traffic offense at all! After all what is HE doing driving that. He must sell drugs because there is no professional sports teams in this area. It has just been a fact of life for us always. It must be nice to be so naive! I cant afford to be naive an neither can my sons who I gave nice vehicles to also!
Perhaps you took it out of context. I agree that profiling exist; it's a basic instinct. But I never said anything or insinuated anything about the driver . . . just the "nice car." Take it at face value. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't misunderstand and call me naive. If you want to further discuss, use another thread.

Back to topic, Lexusrus, thanks for the nice article. I think the article diminishes the cost of each plates to pennies since the cost is spread out to tax dollars and car owners. New and used cars are bought and sold every day, so new plates are required. I agree that each plates doesn't cost much consider the bigger schema and the benefit of more observation. I do suspect that toll lobbyist work hard in two plates states.

I don't know who owns the tolls in other states. In any case, in Texas, it's majority private entities that own the tolls, and TxDoT only allows pictures of licenses plate/vehicle and not occupants inside the vehicle. A toll violation is considered when when the unregistered vehicle passes the toll; hence, pictures are typically taken of the rear side of the vehicle. That is the same for red light cameras in Texas.
Bimmer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM   #32
tlhicks
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer32 View Post
I agree that profiling exist; it's a basic instinct.
So Racial Profiling is a basic Instinct. WOW! Well It must be since minorities are victimized by it as a common practice. And you must do it also since you excuse it as a perfectly natural thing to do. WOW REALLY WOW!!!
tlhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM   #33
Bimmer32
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhicks View Post
So Racial Profiling is a basic Instinct. WOW! Well It must be since minorities are victimized by it as a common practice. And you must do it also since you excuse it as a perfectly natural thing to do. WOW REALLY WOW!!!
You introduce "racial . . . minorities . . . victimized." Again, let's not start any sensationalism because everyone now has a platform on the Internet. That type of rhetoric is better handled on reddit.com instead.

I do think that front plates are ugly and cost more than pennies to produce and dispose, but their benefits of more observation are well noted. I wouldn't seek to change any current laws for any state as long as my LEO don't start pulling people over simply to enforce a front plate.
Bimmer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:57 AM   #34
tlhicks
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer32 View Post
You introduce "racial . . . minorities . . . victimized." Again, let's not start any sensationalism because everyone now has a platform on the Internet. That type of rhetoric is better handled on reddit.com instead.

I do think that front plates are ugly and cost more than pennies to produce and dispose, but their benefits of more observation are well noted. I wouldn't seek to change any current laws for any state as long as my LEO don't start pulling people over simply to enforce a front plate.
Dude. Really! You started this off saying police don't pull you over because you have a nice car. That "Popular belief " as you called it must just be "Fake News" right? That is only true if you look a certain way. Hence a profile based on Bias. You stated profiling is a basic human nature. That must be true if your a privileged white male. I was a military police officer for 12 years. When a crime in committed, with an unknown suspect, yes a profile is formed from evidence as to who might have committed that crime. So unless your investigating a crime. ALL OTHER PROFILING IS BASED ON BIAS! So your basic human nature of profiling is based on your bias. Done start none, won't be none. Translation, don't make comments that you can't support factually and expect not to be challenged.
tlhicks is offline   Reply With Quote