LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

what floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-17, 11:07 PM
newlexusgy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what floor mats

Hi just picked up an lx570 2017, was wondering what floor mats you guys have used? i'm looking to purchase the weathertech digital fit ones but do not know how they fit. planning to get the fronts, second row, and cargo.

any suggestions?
Old 04-29-17, 11:36 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

WeatherTech fit perfectly, Husky almost as good but higher sides that contain slush better if that's what you need. I use both in the front as needed, WT's in the middle, and a Husky in the cargo area. 3rd row seats were removed from the beginning. I cut a piece of carpet scrap to fit the Husky liner. When it gets beyond cleaning, I drop in another.
The following users liked this post:
newlexusgy (04-30-17)
Old 04-30-17, 02:04 AM
newlexusgy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you, i was hesitant on pulling the trigger until i found out if they fit perfectly. ordering all 3 front back and cargo. Another question if i dont take the rear seats out does the cargo liner still fit?
Old 04-30-17, 02:46 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

The digital floor mats fit perfectly. I also purchased the cargo,at never though it says it did not fit and it fits quite well. No need to remove the 3rd row. Enjoy!
Old 04-30-17, 11:06 AM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newlexusgy
thank you, i was hesitant on pulling the trigger until i found out if they fit perfectly. ordering all 3 front back and cargo. Another question if i dont take the rear seats out does the cargo liner still fit?
Weathertech Digital mats fit perfectly, including in the cargo area with the third row seats intact and folded up. They make a big deal on their website about the third row area not being meant to be used with the third row seats, but you can simply cut out the holes where the third row seats "land" when folded down and continue to use the Weathertech cargo mat. In short, you can use them and they fit well in the back cargo area, but if you want to leave them in when the seats fold down, you will need to cut out the area of the mat where the third row seats insert into the floor. The mat seems to be designed for any easy cut out of this area. I believe that the Lexus mats for the cargo area have this area cut out as well, but they come from the manufacturer that way. Of course the mats don't seal out water from the connection points if you remove this area. I don't have a problem with that, but in my old LX470 this area would retain water and did rust.

You might also be interested in this type of protective cover for the sides and folded third row seats: https://www.canvasback.com/
I use those interior covers, which includes a lay flat cargo floor and under the second row seat floor covering, -- underneath the weather tech mats.
Old 04-30-17, 02:48 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would buy Weahtertech Digital in a heartbeat over Husky at any time. Husky that I bought for the truck has poorer quality and poorer fitment than Weathertech.
Old 04-30-17, 05:27 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I jest' don't see why someone would contaminate a Lexus with some sort of a third-rate off brand floormats, or any other bloody generic accessories. Get the real thing. Buy Lexis!
Old 04-30-17, 05:52 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yakim
I jest' don't see why someone would contaminate a Lexus with some sort of a third-rate off brand floormats, or any other bloody generic accessories. Get the real thing. Buy Lexis!
Because they are pricey ( maybe 2-3x more) and Lexus floor mats don't go over the baseboard.
Old 04-30-17, 07:02 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Little-known Lexus liners...

Lexus now makes a liner-style OEM winter mat, available for all three rows. I had Weathertech liners on my 2010 LX, and while the fit was good, coverage in the front wasn't great. These Lexus liners (happy to take a photo for you - have them in our 2017 LX) cover the entire dead pedal on the driver's side and properly cover the passenger footwell (where the Weathertech's arguably fell short). Second-row coverage is also better.

Very happy with the Lexus product and have no intention of returning to Weathertech's. FWIW, during winter, the experience with the WT's did not live up to my excitement when I first bought them.

Happy to share details if you're interested... Selling dealership knew nothing about these, but my regular dealership (where I service and purchase parts) had a set for me first thing the morning after I called to order!

Last edited by caha14; 04-30-17 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-30-17, 08:30 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caha14
Lexus now makes a liner-style OEM winter mat, available for all three rows. I had Weathertech liners on my 2010 LX, and while the fit was good, coverage in the front wasn't great. These Lexus liners (happy to take a photo for you - have them in our 2017 LX) cover the entire dead pedal on the driver's side and properly cover the passenger footwell (where the Weathertech's arguably fell short). Second-row coverage is also better.

Very happy with the Lexus product and have no intention of returning to Weathertech's. FWIW, during winter, the experience with the WT's did not live up to my excitement when I first bought them.

Happy to share details if you're interested... Selling dealership knew nothing about these, but my regular dealership (where I service and purchase parts) had a set for me first thing the morning after I called to order!

I would like to see them. I never saw about them online.
Old 04-30-17, 08:59 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14

Do you have part numbers?

Tks.

Steve
Old 05-01-17, 06:13 AM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Bad thing about the weather tech lining is that your feet slide because there is no grip. So if your use to placing your feet on the carpeted mat and they stay put or even on the thick rubber all weather mats they stay put. Your feet slide forward with the weather techs and that drove me crazy during a long drive I couldn't rest my legs well. I ended up putting a mat inside the liner. That even slide around until I zip tied it in place. So even thought I want the side protection, my ride comfort is more important so no weather techs in my 17 LX.
Old 05-01-17, 08:39 AM
caha14
Racer

Default Part numbers, pics and some thoughts...

The part number for the set of liners, covering 1st, 2nd and 3rd row is PT206-60161-02. Then, there is the cargo tray, part number PT908-60089-02.

I am happy to take some photos in my wife's LX, but in the meantime, here is a helpful link: https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=332016757909&lpid=82&&&ul_noapp=true&chn=ps

Like the WeatherTech's, there is no outboard lip to these liners, given the elevated position of the LX's floor. However, the coverage area is slightly larger - particularly noticeable in the front row, as I posted earlier, covering the entire dead pedal and reaching higher into the passenger footwell. On all four doors, they also cover a bit more of the sill plate (WT leaves off at the edge where the carpet meets the sill plate, so tons of stuff can spill). They have ridges, which do a better job of holding additional slush/water, and because they are softer/rubbery, they have better grip and also adapt better to the contours of the floor.

The relative rigidity of the WT's was actually an issue for me, as the lip of the rear liner began to separate away from the carpet in our 2010 LX with BEIGE carpeting. WT, when contacted, was of absolutely no help, suggesting - as a "fix" - something I had already tried that had not worked (turning the lip backwards and letting the liner sit under the sun).

I first "discovered" these Lexus liners in an RX loaner and was thrilled to learn they were available on the LX. I am personally done with WT, with the exception of perhaps a trunk liner on a future vehicle.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by caha14; 05-01-17 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-01-17, 12:47 PM
kc135fs
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered the weather tech. The Lexus original all weather doesn't cover like the weather tech. Once they come in I'll update. I have a new 2017 LX also. The all weathers in the vehicle have the Lexus logo etc and are heavy duty. Issue I have is the extent of carpet that is protected. Doesn't go to the edge of the door sill. Some may like this but with kids it's an issue for me.

Last edited by kc135fs; 05-01-17 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-01-17, 01:03 PM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by kc135fs
The Lexus original all weather doesn't cover like the weather tech.
Correct for the Lexus all-weather mats; not so for the Lexus liners, which as I've been saying is a new-ish product (and happens to cover more than the WeatherTechs). I have two young kids and did WT on 2010 LX and now switched over on the 2017 LX for precisely the considerations you mention!

Quick Reply: what floor mats