LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

what floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 01:20 PM
kc135fs
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caha14
Correct for the Lexus all-weather mats; not so for the Lexus liners, which as I've been saying is a new-ish product (and happens to cover more than the WeatherTechs). I have two young kids and did WT on 2010 LX and now switched over on the 2017 LX for precisely the considerations you mention!
can you post pictures? If it's better may return for the liners...
Old 05-01-17, 02:40 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Correct for the Lexus all-weather mats; not so for the Lexus liners, which as I've been saying is a new-ish product (and happens to cover more than the WeatherTechs). I have two young kids and did WT on 2010 LX and now switched over on the 2017 LX for precisely the considerations you mention!

Pictures please! Otherwise this thread is worthless.
Old 05-01-17, 02:46 PM
DocT
Pole Position

This WT does not cover the whole foot rest area, but it covers base of the center console

Old 05-01-17, 02:57 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

I don't have the truck with me at the moment, but I posted a link to photos (eBay) a couple posts ago. Come on guys, READ! LOL!
Old 05-01-17, 03:46 PM
DocT
Pole Position

I don't have the truck with me at the moment, but I posted a link to photos (eBay) a couple posts ago. Come on guys, READ! LOL!
I saw them on ebay, we want to see them inside the truck.
Old 05-01-17, 07:57 PM
caha14
Racer

Not the greatest shots, but hopefully a start... Lighting wasn't great, and also it got late and the photographer was running on fumes...

Showing are the front liners and one side of the 2nd row liner. In the process of taking the pics, I realized I need to reposition the 2nd row piece, but its coverage over the sill still shows.

As for the first row, there is full coverage of the dead pedal. I'm not crazy about the design around the accelerator, but of course, there's some history there... The passenger side liner goes up just about as much as one would expect. WT ended (inexplicably) very low in that foot well.

Happy to take more...
Attached Thumbnails what floor mats-photo35.jpg   what floor mats-photo127.jpg   what floor mats-photo46.jpg   what floor mats-photo190.jpg   what floor mats-photo275.jpg  

what floor mats-photo727.jpg   what floor mats-photo622.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by caha14:
kc135fs (05-02-17), TeCKis300 (05-05-17)
Old 05-01-17, 08:27 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Caha14,

Thank you for pictures . Like the old said " Picture is worth thousand words". There are pluses and minuses of each one. I wish the OEM have taller wall at the console, but it looks more elegant with the Lexus logo. On the passenger side, do you have problem with the distal end of liner keeps rolling down? Are these OEM floor mats flexible?

May be I should get the OEM floormats, but what am I going to do with the WT.
Old 05-01-17, 09:48 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I've seem the OEM lexus floor liners on the 17" LX when i pick up my 17" LX, I didn't like the lexus one because the floor liner mat is still not cover around the brake and gas pedals what happens is when is raining outside and your got wet and you get in the truck and drive the water still dripping down the carpet and it will get wet and dirty, therefore I bought a WT floor liners is cover better
Old 05-02-17, 06:37 AM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by DocT
Caha14,

I wish the OEM have taller wall at the console...
I had the same initial reaction. However, given the angle of the floor, water actually flows away from that area, and it hasn't been a problem. I am more bothered by the absurdly minimalist design around the accelerator due to Lexus' paranoia.

Originally Posted by DocT
Caha14,

On the passenger side, do you have problem with the distal end of liner keeps rolling down? Are these OEM floor mats flexible?
Good eyes! It actually has not rolled down at all. They are still new, and what you see is from packaging. I am still working on it lying flat and will probably hit it with my wife's hair drier. The liners have little spikes underneath (like regular floor mats), so it's not going anywhere.

They are actually very flexible, which at first glance (when looking at the liners outside the car) some folks won't like (especially since the WT provide this sense of "sturdiness"). When they are in place, the flexibility is actually nice, because as I said in an earlier post, they adapt better to the contours of the floor. Plus, the rigidity of the WT worked against me (permanently deformed lip, as I shared earlier, allowing all kinds of good stuff to get between the liner and the carpet in an area the lip was supposed to protect). If you think about it, we don't need the mats to be stiff, since the stiffness is provided by the floor; we just need proper coverage and volume.
Old 05-02-17, 11:05 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

You guys can purchase the products through us!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-03-17, 01:51 PM
JDJackson
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
The digital floor mats fit perfectly. I also purchased the cargo mat never though it says it did not fit and it fits quite well. No need to remove the 3rd row. Enjoy!
On the Cargo mat, I cut out the holes for the 3rd row and then removed the plastic trim pieces at the holes, placed the mat under, and then re-fit the trim pieces. This keeps the mat from moving at all and makes sure that the mat does not interfere with the seat's movement.
Old 05-03-17, 11:05 PM
newlexusgy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
The digital floor mats fit perfectly. I also purchased the cargo,at never though it says it did not fit and it fits quite well. No need to remove the 3rd row. Enjoy!
which cargo did you buy? is it the universal cargo mat?
Old 05-04-17, 05:07 AM
JDJackson
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He is referring to the WeatherTech Land Cruiser cargo mat of the same year. I purchased the same.
Old 05-04-17, 06:06 AM
caha14
Racer

Default WeatherTech cargo liner

It is bizarre, indeed, that at some point during production of LX570 (I think MY 2015), WT began to "not offer" a solution for the LX cargo area, even though the interior of the truck did not change. It does fit perfectly, and FWIW, I still have my brown one (from our 2010 LX) at home. I haven't posted it for sale, but if anyone is interested, please feel free to PM.
Old 05-05-17, 02:42 PM
TeCKis300
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the Lexus OEM all weather mats. They seem to come in two models that cover 2013-2015 and 2016-2017. They two seem to be slightly different styles and I like the later 2016 ones that cover the full dead-pedal (earlier ones don't).

They don't seem to make them for the earlier 2008-2012?

But at the same time, I see other brands that cover 2013-2017 and 2008-2016. Wonder if there is really any difference?

Anyone know if the 2016-2017 style will fit the my earlier 2009? I'm thinking there's relatively little difference if any.

Quick Reply: what floor mats