LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Just Moved - Need advice for maintenance!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-17, 06:02 AM
Stiebertw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Moved - Need advice for maintenance!

We just move from Annapolis MD to Northern VA. Our 11' LX has only been serviced by Sheehy Lexus. The closest Lexus dealership is Alexandria, about 36 miles away. We have stuck to the suggested maintenance log Lexus likes to do per visit. I have a Toyota dealership 3 miles down the road that I contacted, and they said would service my Lexus. What is everyone's opinion on this. Would you take your Lexus to a Toyota delearship for routine service? I'm sure it's cheaper too. To add our LX has 107k miles, obviously out of warranty. Thanks
Old 03-25-17, 08:28 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

You Toyota dealer should do quite well handling you scheduled maintenance.

Welcome South!
Old 03-25-17, 10:00 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Toyota dealers are ok. I've used them before. Usually way cheaper too. The hydraulic suspension may be a problem though since the Landcruiser does not have this option.

Originally Posted by Stiebertw
We just move from Annapolis MD to Northern VA. Our 11' LX has only been serviced by Sheehy Lexus. The closest Lexus dealership is Alexandria, about 36 miles away. We have stuck to the suggested maintenance log Lexus likes to do per visit. I have a Toyota dealership 3 miles down the road that I contacted, and they said would service my Lexus. What is everyone's opinion on this. Would you take your Lexus to a Toyota delearship for routine service? I'm sure it's cheaper too. To add our LX has 107k miles, obviously out of warranty. Thanks
Old 03-25-17, 10:57 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Toyota dealers are ok. I've used them before. Usually way cheaper too. The hydraulic suspension may be a problem though since the Landcruiser does not have this option.
The Land Cruiser does have a hydraulic anti-roll system known as KDSS. I doubt Toyota will have issues servicing a late model LX.

OP, it might be worth your time to get to ih8mud.com, log yourself in and ask the question on the 200-series forum...with any luck, you may get recommendations for a great independent shop specializing in Lexus and Toyota vehicles closer to you. My local indy shop, LTS Motors in Boise, is far and above either the local Lexus or Toyota dealers in the area. They're also a bit less expensive in per hour labor charges.

hth
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (03-25-17)
Old 03-25-17, 05:36 PM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

It might not be a concern for you, but I use the Lexus shop 45 minutes away vs a Toyota one 15 minutes away from my home because of the free loaner vehicle from Lexus.
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (03-26-17)
Old 03-25-17, 10:54 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
The Land Cruiser does have a hydraulic anti-roll system known as KDSS. I doubt Toyota will have issues servicing a late model LX.

OP, it might be worth your time to get to ih8mud.com, log yourself in and ask the question on the 200-series forum...with any luck, you may get recommendations for a great independent shop specializing in Lexus and Toyota vehicles closer to you. My local indy shop, LTS Motors in Boise, is far and above either the local Lexus or Toyota dealers in the area. They're also a bit less expensive in per hour labor charges.

hth
I'd pay a trusted mechanical more then a Lexus dealer or Toyota for that matter. I drive about an hour to take my BMW to a trusted BMW tech. Network with with a trusted Lexus tech and have him fix your SUV. Trust is the key. Everything else is "like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're going to get."
Old 03-25-17, 11:39 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie1
It might not be a concern for you, but I use the Lexus shop 45 minutes away vs a Toyota one 15 minutes away from my home because of the free loaner vehicle from Lexus.
I do the same. I even sometimes service my Sequoia at the Lexus dealership :-)